Passed Interview, no oath letter yet ......

Those who are still waiting for a decision on their naturalization application or for an oath letter could mention the timeframe of their entire case along with their district office name in their signature line or somewhere so that it could greatly help others who are in the same boat. Otherwise, it wouldn't say much nor it will help much to others.

Here is my signature time line...chicago office

05/31/2008 -- N-400 Sent
06/06/2008 -- N-400 Received
06/13/2008 -- NOA Received
06/20/2008 -- FP Letter Received
07/03/2008 -- FP Completed
09/04/2008 -- IL Received
10/03/2008 -- Interview Completed, Decision can not be made.
10/23/2008 -- Request for Additional Documents Received.
10/30/2008 -- Additional Documents Sent.
11/06/2008 -- Further Interviewed over the Phone by the same IO.
11/17/2008 -- Info Pass - still Waiting on decision.
12/06/2008 -- Request for further Additional Documents Received.
12/30/2008 -- Additional Documents Sent.

??/??/???? -- Oath Letter/Date

i had my Interview on 11/05/2008 and i was approved in Cleavland, OH.....and the IO told me that day that it would take one to two months to get the OL ...the period was passed ...now i am thinking of calling 1-800 number and then schedual an infopass.....
Can anyone please tell me how can I talk to the live person when we call USCIS? It is because they changed the automated phone system. It is so confusing, I tried to call them several times but no option is telling me how to get connected to talk to the live person! Please Reply! Thanks!!!

Hi All,

I had interview last October nd a decison could not be made. I had an info Path appointment last week and i was told that i'm in the Q for oath letter/date. does anyone know how long it should take before i receive the Oath appointment. Thanks

Mailed 3/2007
FP 4/2007
Second Fp 8/2008
IL 9/2008
Interview 10/2008 (Decision can not be made)
Info Path 1/2009 (in the Q for oath Letter)

Woo freaking Hoo

Good News Ya All...

I received the Oath letter after a long wait. Now feeling closer to finishing the agonizing journey. I hope ya all get ur letters soon too.

I think there was no particular reason for the hold up (my interview was smooth back in Nov 08), it was just that every one went on Holidays for two months.

Here is my signature time line...chicago office

05/31/2008 -- N-400 Sent
06/06/2008 -- N-400 Received
06/13/2008 -- NOA Received
06/20/2008 -- FP Letter Received
07/03/2008 -- FP Completed
09/04/2008 -- IL Received
10/03/2008 -- Interview Completed, Decision can not be made.
10/23/2008 -- Request for Additional Documents Received.
10/30/2008 -- Additional Documents Sent.
11/06/2008 -- Further Interviewed over the Phone by the same IO.
11/17/2008 -- Info Pass - still Waiting on decision.
12/06/2008 -- Request for further Additional Documents Received.
12/30/2008 -- Additional Documents Sent.

??/??/???? -- Oath Letter/Date

What additional documents were you requested and what was the nature of the second interview over the phone?

AP

Bond, Aero and other folks who were asked additional documents,

I was just curious what other documents did the IO requested for? I have applied under 3 year Marriage rule and sent, I think, most of the documents from the document check list off of this forum. If you can please share the list so I and other people who are getting ready for the interview can be better prepared.

Thanks.

The documents vary depending on the case. In my case, as I did not have any joint account/property with my wife they wanted to see individual statements and proof for past 3 years. They wanted to see some business documents and even business statement/transactions.

Look for my posts in the NYC thread. I have all the documents required but eventually, the delay costs me almost 2 months.
I applied under 3 year marriage category and I have similar stories for people in this category.

Bond, Aero and other folks who were asked additional documents,

I was just curious what other documents did the IO requested for? I have applied under 3 year Marriage rule and sent, I think, most of the documents from the document check list off of this forum. If you can please share the list so I and other people who are getting ready for the interview can be better prepared.

Thanks.

my case is marriage based on 3 year marriage rule. Interview was done in October. It is best to bring every possible document of you and your spouse especially utility bills, bank statments, leases, insurances, driving licenses, passports, marriage certs, children's birth certificates (if any), proof of clean driving records, passports, greencards, social secuity cards, CERTIFIED Tax documents from all the previous years. Bring the spouse and kids as well, that should help greatly..

In the first addtl. docu. request they asked for to send them the photocopies of my and spouse's Driving license. This request came one month after the interview (even though I already had provided them the marriage cert, bank statements etc. at the time of interview)

Week later after the submission, i got call asking more questions about the marriage and spouse’s work details and then was told wait to hear a decision in a month.

One month after the call, received another document request for additional police reports, and/or any driving violations, because my name had matched up with someone else who was arrested in the same state with the same name... so had to go to the Police department and got finger printed and all that and got a letter to prove that was not me. So submitted the driving records, and all the police report end of last year.

still waiting to hear back since.. with no luck...so far..

Good luck with your interview..

Good News Ya All...

I received the Oath letter after a long wait. Now feeling closer to finishing the agonizing journey. I hope ya all get ur letters soon too.

I think there was no particular reason for the hold up (my interview was smooth back in Nov 08), it was just that every one went on Holidays for two months.

Congratulations AAZZ!! Long wait over for you.

I am still waiting for mine..

What additional documents were you requested and what was the nature of the second interview over the phone?

AP

In the first addtl. docu. request they asked me to send the photocopies of my and spouse's Driving license. This request came one month after the interview (even though I already had provided them the marriage cert, bank statements etc. at the time of interview)

Week later after the submission, i got call asking more questions about the marriage and spouse’s work details and then was told wait to hear a decision in a month.

One month after the call, received another document request for additional police reports, and/or any driving violations, because my name had matched up with someone else who was arrested in the same state with the same name... so had to go to the Police department and got finger printed and all that and got a letter to prove that was not me. So submitted the driving records, and all the police report end of last year.

In the first addtl. docu. request they asked me to send the photocopies of my and spouse's Driving license. This request came one month after the interview (even though I already had provided them the marriage cert, bank statements etc. at the time of interview)

Thanks aero for the detailed response (twice :)). I was just curious. From the responses here it appears that marriage based cases are scrutinized far more deeply (not a surprise) and that just about any document under the sun is absolutely fair game (in the eyes of the USCIS, that is).

Anyway, hope you get closure soon. I'm stuck in the oath queue myself, having had my interview on Nov 18.

AP

October and November interviews dates and you guys are already impatient :) I had mine on 08/27/2008

Hi,

I had my Interview on 12/03/2008 and I was approved. Since then I scheduled INFOPASS for a couple of times. Each time I was told "pending supervisor approval".

How can I request for an inquiry? Can I request in the next INFOPASS?

Thanks,
Malgi

Hi,

I had my Interview on 12/03/2008 and I was approved. Since then I scheduled INFOPASS for a couple of times. Each time I was told "pending supervisor approval".

How can I request for an inquiry? Can I request in the next INFOPASS?

Thanks,
Malgi

Where was the interview? Has anyone thought to write to President Obama about this mess of USCIS excuse of "waiting game" in the name of supervisory approval/review or you guys are just scared of doing so? Until you guys won't take this matter in your hands, nothing will change...Your efforts might help others and future wanna-be-USCs...

See my posting#343 over here-

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=288287&page=12