Parent's Cases Only: Tracking Thread

I got an email from CRIS about EAD - "Card Production Ordered" on Aug 12. I got another email today (Aug 18) with the same status "Card Production Ordered" for EAD. What's going on?

This seems to happen quite alot, i had card production emails twice for both my EAD and Green Card, as have a number of other filers on this board.

PLEASE Help - I130 approved but ineligible for Adjustment for my dad

This is GC Case for my Dad ( I am a citizen since 2008):
- Filed I130 & I485 together in June 3, 2009
- Interview for I485 done - officer said that waitig for I130 to approve and will approve after that - nothing difficult in interview
- Never overstayed but kept within tight 6 months schedule as per I94 dates. Once at the port the officer told my dad as to why he is keeping so tight dates i.e. just before I94 expiry.My dad said he wants to spend all time with his grandkids (he is 72) but he was surely rude.

Anyway now for I130 I got this message (in the I797C notice of action letter) -

"The above peition has been approved. The petition indicates that the person you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status. The evidence indicates that he or she is not eligible to file adjustment of status application. This determination is based on the information submitted with the petition and any relating files. If the person for whom you are petitioning believes that he or she is eligible for adjustment of status then he or she should contact local USCIS office for more information.

Because the person for whom you are petitioning is not able to adjust, we have sent the approved petition to NVC, 32 Rochester Avenue, Prtsmouth.... NVC processes all approved immigrant visa which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. NVC will then forward the approved petition to that consulate.

Blah Blah Blah...."

:confused::confused::confused:
I am confused, angry and directionless - can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me answer my thoughts

-- Is my dads 485 denied
-- if no then did it go for CP to India - if yes then does he go back to india till AOS approves and will it mean that he lost intent to immigrate on the current I485 application filed concurrently with I130
-- what happens to the current I485 application filed consurrently with I130

Vision2001,

A few thoughts:

1. Has your dad's I-94 already expired? If so, my interpretation is that USCIS is suggesting that your dad return to India without any more overstay. AOS may be denied if the applicant is staying illegally (i.e. beyond I-94 expiration) but is not normally the case.

2. You will probably soon hear adjudication on your I-485 as well.

3. You may want to try for Infopass appointment to get any further details how to proceed.

Hope this helps.

- Interview for I485 done - officer said that waitig for I130 to approve and will approve after that - nothing difficult in interview
- Never overstayed but kept within tight 6 months schedule as per I94 dates. Once at the port the officer told my dad as to why he is keeping so tight dates i.e. just before I94 expiry.My dad said he wants to spend all time with his grandkids (he is 72) but he was surely rude.

"The above peition has been approved. The petition indicates that the person you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status. The evidence indicates that he or she is not eligible to file adjustment of status application. This determination is based on the information submitted with the petition and any relating files. If the person for whom you are petitioning believes that he or she is eligible for adjustment of status then he or she should contact local USCIS office for more information.

Because the person for whom you are petitioning is not able to adjust, we have sent the approved petition to NVC, 32 Rochester Avenue, Prtsmouth.... NVC processes all approved immigrant visa which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. NVC will then forward the approved petition to that consulate.

Blah Blah Blah...."

I am confused, angry and directionless - can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me answer my thoughts

-- Is my dads 485 denied
-- if no then did it go for CP to India - if yes then does he go back to india till AOS approves and will it mean that he lost intent to immigrate on the current I485 application filed concurrently with I130

My timeline has been updated. I need to hunt for health insurance though. I live in Mass where health insurance is mandatory. Maybe a new thread is in order.

All my mother's I-130 got approved 29th August. But looks like she has an RFE for her I485. I don't have the letter in hand yet but I am pretty certain it is for her BC.
I had requested an NABC from the Indian Consulate SFO but they in turn sent a BC based on her passport details. I sent that with affadivits from her 2 elder sisters

I will try with NABC from the Indian cosulate at SFO First. The problem that I have is that my mother was born in Sind Pakistan-before India partition

We are from Mumbai. Has any one else been able to get NABC from Mumbai and can anyone point me to where I can start. Also if Indian Consulate at SFO gives a NABC will that be valid or will I need one from India

Has anyone used the service mymaninindia? Is it reliable

Thanks

Rox
D/O: Phoenix
05/26/2009 : Sent AOS for Mother(I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765)
6/08/2009 : Received NOAs
6/12/2009 and 6/19/2009: FP done -> walk -in
6/23/2009: Transfer to CSC
07/05/2009 : I-131(AP) received in the mail
07/12/2009 : I-765(EAD) received in the mail
08/30/2009 : Email Notification that I130 Approved on 8/29/2009
08/30/2009 : Email Notification that RFE Sent for I485

Last edited by a moderator:

Blah Blah Blah...."

-- Is my dads 485 denied

Your Dad is definitely eligible for AOS (I-485) based on the information provided . It could be that your Dad 485 was not linked to the pending I-130 petition. Also on the I-130 form , have you attached I-94 to show legal entry into the U.S and filled in the USCIS office to complete the AOS (I-485) processing. Sometimes it could be a mistake on the part of USCIS mostly an oversight. Have they cashed his 485 checks ?

I would suggest making an Infopass appointment at your nearest USCIS office to get more information.

If your Dad's 485 is denied , they will need to provide a reason why the 485 was denied. A Good Attorney can file a motion to reopen the 485 Application and challenge the decision sucessfully in these type of cases.

It will be difficult to go for CP after 485 is denied as the options to appeal are limited with the CP process , the consular officer's decision is more or less final. You will have a better chance going the Motion to Reopen the case here in the U.S.

I have 2 Qs.
Qs1) I have received the NOA for the I-130, but I am not able to find the cases status on USCIS webpage ..Don't understand...It says invalid receipt number

Following are the details
I-130 sent : 08/17/2009
I-130 Receipt Date: 08/20/2009 / Notice Date: 08/25/2009
Check Cashed: 08/26/2009
NOA1 for I-130: 08/29/2009

Qs2) Can parents GC have a problem if parents have any medical condition like Blood Pressure or Diabeties.

I am doing CP for my Father & Mother....

I-864 questions

HI, I'm preparing for I-864 for my parents. Thsi is AOS case.
As a background, I'm a housewife and me and my husband are filing joint tax return. Therefore, i need to file I-864A as well.
My parents in law have been our dependents on the return, but they are not living with us.

Some questions might sound silly,, but please help me complete this form~ Thanks.

1) Even though all other forms like I-130, I-485 are separately submitted for mom and dad, I need to submit only ONE I-864 and I-864A?

2) On I-864, #8 "I'm sponsoring the principal immigrant name above - Answer will be "Yes"? I didn't understand the part that "No" is applicable in case with two joint sponsors.

3)I-864 #9 - If I made the principal immigrant "Father", then i need to list my Mother on #9. a. Right?

4)I-864 #21 e. number of any other dependent - answer 2, correct? (My parents in law)

5) My husband's current income - Can we use first 6 month income shown in the pay stub and multiply by 2 to get the expected 09 annual income?

parent case pending

My parents applications (i130/i485) were submitted in 12/2008. Both of their cases transfered to California center for fast processing in 1/2009. Dad got approved in 6/2009, but Mom case is still pending. Calling customer service center not making any progress, the case status stays same. First call to Customer serivice center in june, stated that the case was out of processing time, got general letter saying to wait 45 days. The first 45 days already passed. Call again, Get second letter saying to wait 45 days. Do not know how many 45 days we have to wait.

Does anyone have similar case? What shall we do?

Online status does not retrieve any info

Hi,
I applied GC for my mother and got the fingers print notice last week. I tried seeing the online status but could not find any records. If there any reason why it is not available?

Thanks

DO : Norflolk, VA

Packet Sent 8/18/2009
Track : Received by uscis 8/19/2009
both checks en cashed from bank 8/28/2009
Receipt date 8/19/2009
ND : I797 notice of action 8/27/2009 ( NOA for I485 and I130)
Notice date 8/31/2009
FP - ASC Receipt Notice 9/4/2009
FP scheduled 9/26/2009

My mother's GC (AOS) has been approved

Got the CRIS email this morning with the status for her I-485: Card Production Ordered. Thanks everyone for your help.

Here is the timeline:

06/23/2009 Mailed I130, I485, I131, I693, I864, I765
06/30/2009 Notice Date - I130, I485, I131, I765
07/02/2009 NOA Received - I130, I485, I131, I765
07/09/2009 FP Appt Letter Received (Appt 07/21/2009)
07/13/2009 FP Completed (Walk-in)
07/13/2009 I-130 Case Transferred to CSC
07/14/2009 I-485 Case Transferred to CSC
07/20/2009 I-130, I-485 Case received at CSC
08/12/2009 I-131 Approval Notice Sent
08/12/2009 I-765 EAD Card Production Ordered
08/17/2009 AP Received
08/18/2009 I-765 EAD Card Production Ordered
08/20/2009 I-765 Approval Notice Sent
08/22/2009 Received EAD
08/24/2009 Applied for SSN
08/31/2009 Received SSN
09/03/2009 I-130 Approval Notice Sent
09/08/2009 I-130 Approval Notice Received
09/09/2009 I-485 Card Production Ordered

Got the CRIS email this morning with the status for her I-485: Card Production Ordered. Thanks everyone for your help.

Wow, Congrats!! :) I kept seeing your messages around forum, but just realized you were doing both processes - Good luck!

My mother has an interview tomorrow. I will accompany her as sponsor.
My sister is co-sponsor mom but she lives in another state. I have a copy of her GC but do not have her birth cert. My mom has birth cert of everyone else in the family.

Is that gonna a problem?

Let me rephrase my question:
During interview for parents, do they ask for birth certificate of every single child?

My mom got her interview this morning at 26 federal plaza, NYC. Our appointment was for 8:15. Got there 15m to 8 but got called in around 1 hour later.
The IO is a very nice spanish lady. It appears that for NYC interviews, family members can't act as interpreter. She tried to call for one in the building but there wasn't one. There are few other couples who got sent back out because they cant find translator. Looks like when you submit the appt letter at the window, you have to ask for one. Even lawyers can't translate.

Anyway, the IO decided to conduct the interview when I told her my mom can understand limited english. She was asked to show passport, BC, social card. I was asked to show name change court order, natu cert, bc. The she went over the forms and asked my mom her name, address, dob, husband name, number of children, yes no questions in the 485 form.
It took 10 minutes and she asked us to wait outside. Another 5 minutes and she came out with mom passport with the one year temp stamp on it. She took the I-94 form and said we don't need it anymore.

Overall, it went smooth and my mom was happy and relieved at the same time.

We should get the GC in the mail within a few weeks.

Thanks everyone for keeping us updated and informed.