Parent's Cases Only: Tracking Thread

Got the same email from CRIS

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On September 10, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Hi Lalit,

My info is also the same.
Let's wait and experience it in reality, touch wood.
I believe higher % of parent's cases would fall in to this category.
I tried to go through various monthly threads but did not come across parent's cases.
Can we act to distribute this work and pick monthly threads to scan and post data here?
e.g. I can take up November 2008 thread.

Thanks & Regards

thats a good one but i agree with that the lord did'nt intead for that but truley only he knows

All,

Finally got the email yesterday that the Production Crad has been ordered for my mother
Thanks all for your help on the forum-a special thanks to second stage, uk01 and Vishnu Mahadev-I'm not sure how I would have managed the whole process without this forum

Regards

Rox
D/O: Phoenix
05/26/2009 : Sent AOS for Mother(I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765)
6/08/2009 : Received NOAs
6/12/2009 and 6/19/2009: FP done -> walk -in
6/23/2009: Transfer to CSC
07/05/2009 : I-131(AP) received in the mail
07/12/2009 : I-765(EAD) received in the mail
08/30/2009 : Email Notification that I130 Approved on 8/29/2009
08/30/2009 : Email Notification that RFE Sent for I485
09/03/2009 : I130 Approval Notice Received and RFE received for Good Conduct Certificate for Mother
09/04/2009 : RFE Sent Out
09/10/2009 : RFE Received and Processing has resumed
09/15/2009 : Email from CRIS that Card Production Ordered

All,

Finally got the email yesterday that the Production Crad has been ordered for my mother
Thanks all for your help on the forum-a special thanks to second stage, uk01 and Vishnu Mahadev-I'm not sure how I would have managed the whole process without this forum

Regards

Rox
D/O: Phoenix
05/26/2009 : Sent AOS for Mother(I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765)
6/08/2009 : Received NOAs
6/12/2009 and 6/19/2009: FP done -> walk -in
6/23/2009: Transfer to CSC
07/05/2009 : I-131(AP) received in the mail
07/12/2009 : I-765(EAD) received in the mail
08/30/2009 : Email Notification that I130 Approved on 8/29/2009
08/30/2009 : Email Notification that RFE Sent for I485
09/03/2009 : I130 Approval Notice Received and RFE received for Good Conduct Certificate for Mother
09/04/2009 : RFE Sent Out
09/10/2009 : RFE Received and Processing has resumed
09/15/2009 : Email from CRIS that Card Production Ordered

Congrats!!

HELP ASAP : Misssing Birth Certificate for Mother -RFE

hi,

I have submitted the GC sets using AOS for my mother GC and attached two affidavits from relative as the BC of my mother is not available and an an widow applicant. I got RFE on I 485 from USCIS stating the followings yesterday ( 87days time period is given in the RFE to response)

-------------------
In order to process your application firnher. you will need to submit a copy of the applicant’s birth ccrtiticate. If the document is in a language other than English, you must submit a copy of the foreign language document and an English translation.

If the birth certificate is not available, per TitleS Code of Federal Regulations, Section 103.2(b)(2Xii). you must submit “an original written statement on government letterhead establishing this from the relevant government or other authority. The statement must indicate that the record does not exist, and indicate whether similar records for the time and place are available.” If your birth certificate is not available, please submit acceptable secondary evidence including but not limited to church or school records listing your parents names and your date of birth, hospital records of your birth. etc.

See the Department of State’s Foreign Affairs Manual found online at http://www.state.govi for more infonnation on acceptable birth records for people born outside the United States.

For more specific information, see Form l-4~5 instructions. page 3.2. Birth certificate.” For the most current ‘ersion of Form 1-485 including the instructions, go to ‘immigration Forms” at Imp: www.uscis.gov or call iSOOm “11-3676.
India Reciprocity Schedule Page 1 of I

Biri:h Ce rft1i~cates

Available. Prior to 1970, the reporting of births was voluntary. Birth certificates of Europeans, Anglo-Indians, Armenian Christians, Jews and Parsis born prior to 1970 may be obtained from the State Registrar General of Births, Deaths, and Marriages. No standard or uniform certificate is issued by the authorities. In addition, acceptable certificates may often be obtained from the municipal and rural registration records, which are maintained under the state laws. Europeans, Anglo-Indians, and Indian Christians are usually able to obtain church baptismal certificates.

Under the Registration of Births and Deaths Act of 1969, births are required to be registered in almost all of the States and Union Territories of India. Birth certificates are available to any applicant born on or after April I, 1970, upon payment of a nominal fee to the appropriate authority.

In cases where birth certificates from the authorities are unavailable or contain insufficient information regarding the birth or the parents, a sworn affidavit executed by either the parents, if living, or other close relatives older than the applicant, may be submitted. It should set forth the relationship between the deponent and the applicant, how well the deponent knows the applicant, date and place of the applicant’s birth, the names of both parents, and arty other related facts. Such an affidavit, when a birth certificate is unavailable,
-----------------------------

Please help me out on the followings:

My questions are :

1) After reading the forum I came to know that Non Availability certificate from Local office like Municipal committee from india is required to be submitted.Should I submit as an Original? ( in refer :“an original written statement on government letterhead establishing this from the relevant government or other authority.)

2) Should I get above certificate referring Mother name with Maiden name or Mother name with Maiden name( family name). Please advice.

3) Should I need to get two affidavits from relative again and attach while submitting Non Availability certificate although I submitted the copies earlier and

4) should I need to get stated the mother family name (Mother's maiden name) or just mother with family name is fine in the affidavit?

5) The RFE notice copy is given in Yellow color? Any idea why it is in this color ?

Please reply based upon your experience.

Thanks

I am not sure if I can answer all your questions but here is what we did-

My parents got the non availability certificate from India. For my mother, both the certificate and the affidavits are in her maiden name. I will be applying for their green card soon and I will send the copy of the certificate.

If the affidavits are easy for you to obtain, then you can send them again.

I don't know why the RFE is in yellow.

Hope this helps.

hi,

I have submitted the GC sets using AOS for my mother GC and attached two affidavits from relative as the BC of my mother is not available and an an widow applicant. I got RFE on I 485 from USCIS stating the followings yesterday ( 87days time period is given in the RFE to response)

-------------------
In order to process your application firnher. you will need to submit a copy of the applicant’s birth ccrtiticate. If the document is in a language other than English, you must submit a copy of the foreign language document and an English translation.

If the birth certificate is not available, per TitleS Code of Federal Regulations, Section 103.2(b)(2Xii). you must submit “an original written statement on government letterhead establishing this from the relevant government or other authority. The statement must indicate that the record does not exist, and indicate whether similar records for the time and place are available.” If your birth certificate is not available, please submit acceptable secondary evidence including but not limited to church or school records listing your parents names and your date of birth, hospital records of your birth. etc.

See the Department of State’s Foreign Affairs Manual found online at http://www.state.govi for more infonnation on acceptable birth records for people born outside the United States.

For more specific information, see Form l-4~5 instructions. page 3.2. Birth certificate.” For the most current ‘ersion of Form 1-485 including the instructions, go to ‘immigration Forms” at Imp: www.uscis.gov or call iSOOm “11-3676.
India Reciprocity Schedule Page 1 of I

Biri:h Ce rft1i~cates

Available. Prior to 1970, the reporting of births was voluntary. Birth certificates of Europeans, Anglo-Indians, Armenian Christians, Jews and Parsis born prior to 1970 may be obtained from the State Registrar General of Births, Deaths, and Marriages. No standard or uniform certificate is issued by the authorities. In addition, acceptable certificates may often be obtained from the municipal and rural registration records, which are maintained under the state laws. Europeans, Anglo-Indians, and Indian Christians are usually able to obtain church baptismal certificates.

Under the Registration of Births and Deaths Act of 1969, births are required to be registered in almost all of the States and Union Territories of India. Birth certificates are available to any applicant born on or after April I, 1970, upon payment of a nominal fee to the appropriate authority.

In cases where birth certificates from the authorities are unavailable or contain insufficient information regarding the birth or the parents, a sworn affidavit executed by either the parents, if living, or other close relatives older than the applicant, may be submitted. It should set forth the relationship between the deponent and the applicant, how well the deponent knows the applicant, date and place of the applicant’s birth, the names of both parents, and arty other related facts. Such an affidavit, when a birth certificate is unavailable,
-----------------------------

Please help me out on the followings:

My questions are :

1) After reading the forum I came to know that Non Availability certificate from Local office like Municipal committee from india is required to be submitted.Should I submit as an Original? ( in refer :“an original written statement on government letterhead establishing this from the relevant government or other authority.)

2) Should I get above certificate referring Mother name with Maiden name or Mother name with Maiden name( family name). Please advice.

3) Should I need to get two affidavits from relative again and attach while submitting Non Availability certificate although I submitted the copies earlier and

4) should I need to get stated the mother family name (Mother's maiden name) or just mother with family name is fine in the affidavit?

5) The RFE notice copy is given in Yellow color? Any idea why it is in this color ?

Please reply based upon your experience.

Thanks

I have recently gone through a similar experience having answered RFE for mother's AOS.

I did not submit an original. A copy of the same worked. I obtained NABC from local office in India.

My mother's maiden name, her maiden family name, her parents' names were listed on the same. Local authorities generally have a standard format.

Not sure if you need to get new affidavits but I re-submitted what I did with AOS application first time.

Mine was blue but I guess there may not be any meaning attached to the color of the document

I-130 for both parents. Consular processing Venezuela

Here is my timeline so far:

Applications sent from North Carolina. To USCIS Chicago, IL

07/26/09 - Mailed I-130, one envelope for each parent (USPS certified mail)
07/09/09 - RD both parents
07/14/09 - ND both parents (USCIS California Service Center)
07/15/09 - Both checks cashed
09/04/09 - ND Father's application approved (online status approved)
09/14/09 - ND Mother's application approved (online status approved)
09/14/09 - NOA Father's approval received in the mail
09/19/09 - NOA Mother's approval received in the mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 2009 I 130 approved: QS Regarding NVC and DS 230

Hi, My parents I-130 got approved (RD Aug 20th)
I am waiting for NVC Process to start: Any one any idea within howm many days may expect DS 3032.

Also, I have a question regarding Form DS 230. My father cerificates do not have the last name of his father (my grand father) mentioned any where. Can I leave the Family name of my Father father blank on D230 (anyway my grand father is not alive). I am runnig ahead and preparing the forms....Any ideas ....

Congratulations on your parents approval. It is very very fast. Go through this link and you will find answers to your questions and based on the below link, you need to call NVC until you get the case number assigned and give them your email address and your parents email address and once the case number is assigned then you can send in DS-3032 in email....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=186733&st=570

Here is the link on email format for DS-3032

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

Hope this helps...

Thanks,
Raj

Hi, My parents I-130 got approved (RD Aug 20th)
I am waiting for NVC Process to start: Any one any idea within howm many days may expect DS 3032.

Also, I have a question regarding Form DS 230. My father cerificates do not have the last name of his father (my grand father) mentioned any where. Can I leave the Family name of my Father father blank on D230 (anyway my grand father is not alive). I am runnig ahead and preparing the forms....Any ideas ....

I-130 APPROVED for both my parents.

I received email from USCIS last night at 1:15 AM in regards to my parents I-130 approval and here is the message in the email..

"On September 21, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE...."

GC for mother

I want to sponser GC for my Mother after my Cizenship soon. So, have some questions.

My mother doesn't want to settle in US and is not planning to be here soon. But i want to get GC for her for future. So, is it possible for me to apply for her GC without her coming to US completely. How will the processing work it this case. I know I-130 approval is required but what after that. Does she have to come to US to apply for GC. Can FP be done in her home country?