Parent's Cases Only: Tracking Thread

Guys, want to share with you that my parents' applications have been approved per online status, totally a little bit less than 3 months. Thanks for everyone's input here.

Help - RFE I-485 questions

I received this today. I submitted BC from Chicago consulate and it looks like it has not worked out. I will set the process of getting NABC from my mother's birth place in India but what I am concerned about is the last Notes para. Can someone interpret that for me? I understand that as - affidavits from relatives certifying the birth is not valid. Is this the standard language that people have seen in RFE?

Please also recommend your inputs. I have a month within which to respond to RFE.

Thanks in advance.

Reproduced from RFE
This office is unable to complete the processing of your application to Register for Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485) without additional information. Because you sent USCIS an affidavit of birth instead of a birth certificate, further evidence is needed.

Birth Certificate
The birth certificate must have been timely registered, show the date and place of birth, etc.

Certificate of Unavailability

Along with a certificate of non-existence for your birth-certificate, please submit secondary evidence. This evidence may include church, hospital and/or school documents. Affidavits are not considered secondary evidence.

Note: All secondary evidence must be contemporaneous with the event(s) in question. Therefore, the evidence that originated back when the child was young will be deemed more persuasive than evidence that was created as the result of this Request for Evidence

^^^
It means if you provide some documents as secondary evidence, they would have to be from around the time your mother was born/ young rather than some documents created recently after the RFE.

For example, if you could find a document like a school transcript showing her birth date, it would work.

^^^
It means if you provide some documents as secondary evidence, they would have to be from around the time your mother was born/ young rather than some documents created recently after the RFE.

For example, if you could find a document like a school transcript showing her birth date, it would work.

My mother was born pre-pertition in India and did not complete school. Whatever I create will be arounf RFE date. Does it mean that I should consider the situation to be hopeless? Is this the normal language in a parent's birth RFE?

Marriage certificate? Passport? Govt. ID?

I have India's PAN Card, Senior Citizen Card (by an airline) which mention her DOB but no Place of birth. Marriage affidavit created by an older cousin(dated Feb 2009).

When the RFE says evidence may include church,hospital and/or school documents, will anything else will work?

I have India's PAN Card, Senior Citizen Card (by an airline) which mention her DOB but no Place of birth. Marriage affidavit created by an older cousin(dated Feb 2009).

When the RFE says evidence may include church,hospital and/or school documents, will anything else will work?

Anything showing her date of birth that was issued significantly before the RFE can be used as secondary evidence along with NABC.

Anything showing her date of birth that was issued significantly before the RFE can be used as secondary evidence along with NABC.

Thanks. PAN Card does not show when it was issued but I will still go ahead and use it.

Parents received their Permanent Resident Cards in the mail today.

DO : Tampa - FL
-----------
04/28/2009 : Sent AOS for Parents(I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765)
04/29/2009 : Package Delivered.
05/05/2009 : Checks Cashed.
05/08/2009 : Received all 8 NOAs
05/15/2009 : Received FingerPrint Notices for 06/02/2009
05/19/2009 : FP done -> walk -in
05/29/2009 : AP and EAD approval email for both of my parents.
06/05/2009 : Received AP in the mail.
06/06/2009 : Received EAD in the mail.
06/12/2009 : Parents applied for SSN.
06/23/2009 : Parents received their SSN.
08/06/2009 : Interview for Parents at local USCIS office.
08/17/2009 : Green Cards received in the mail.

Congrats

Congrats second stage...even my mom got physical card 4 days ago.
Did you get a chance to find out health insurance for your parents? I am also in process of getting quotes.

Regards
Vasu

DO : Tampa - FL
-----------
04/28/2009 : Sent AOS for Parents(I-130,I-131,I-485,I-765)
04/29/2009 : Package Delivered.
05/05/2009 : Checks Cashed.
05/08/2009 : Received all 8 NOAs
05/15/2009 : Received FingerPrint Notices for 06/02/2009
05/19/2009 : FP done -> walk -in
05/29/2009 : AP and EAD approval email for both of my parents.
06/05/2009 : Received AP in the mail.
06/06/2009 : Received EAD in the mail.
06/12/2009 : Parents applied for SSN.
06/23/2009 : Parents received their SSN.
08/06/2009 : Interview for Parents at local USCIS office.
08/17/2009 : Green Cards received in the mail.

Congrats second stage...even my mom got physical card 4 days ago.
Did you get a chance to find out health insurance for your parents? I am also in process of getting quotes.

Not yet. Quotes are high for pre-existing conditions.
Do let me know if you sign-up for any.

kudos, hope my parents' are coming soon. BTW, we just got the 485 approval letter today. No IDTS or whatever that is. Green card is said to be mailed out in 3 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an email from CRIS about EAD - "Card Production Ordered" on Aug 12. I got another email today (Aug 18) with the same status "Card Production Ordered" for EAD. What's going on?

Visanutz,

Second email must be the GC. Pls check the receipt # on the second email.

I got an email from CRIS about EAD - "Card Production Ordered" on Aug 12. I got another email today (Aug 18) with the same status "Card Production Ordered" for EAD. What's going on?

I was totally hoping that was the case. However, I was disappointed - it is just the EAD!!

Well, I guess it is totally not outside of USCIS's track record. Searched the web and found many posts with similar inquiries - 3 "card production ordered" emails or 5 "Welcome letter"s in the mail ha ha.. They need to issue more H1Bs to hire more software guys to fix the system....

Parents' green card ordered

Hi everybody,

I just received an email concerning my parents' green card. Well I thought we would get a letter for the interview, but actually the email said that the card has been ordered etc... Did anyone receive a similar email as mine? If so, did you get the green card within 30 days?

I am so shocked and surprised that my parents finally will have their green card without INTERVIEW at all...

thank you for reading

redpepper1