Packet 3 awaiting thread

kourosm said:
NVC has received my fee bill on June 24 (14 days ago) but the voice message hasn't changed yet. From other posts on this list and also from cptracker, I was expecting my P3 to be generated last week and mailed this week. I just called NVC and the person informed me that my letter was gone out this week (he had no date information and didn't tell me what is the letter about). Is it normal to have P3 mailed out by NVC without haveing the voice system updated, or should I expent something else in mail instead of P3?

You should have received Packet3.

However, there is no need to get disturbed. Some people at the NVC give out wrong information.

The letter that he referred to might even be Packet 3.

Anyway, let us know what the letter is about when you receive it, if it is not P3.

Hi
AVM changed today on my case to
"Your case was completed on 06th July, 2005. Please wait for 8 weeks to hear on your case"

I think next message should say "Your case has been forwarded to the consulate", isn't it? Can I assume that the review has been completed on P3 and it is ready to be sent to the consulate for the interview process?

rkrishna22 said:
Hi
AVM changed today on my case to
"Your case was completed on 06th July, 2005. Please wait for 8 weeks to hear on your case"

I think next message should say "Your case has been forwarded to the consulate", isn't it? Can I assume that the review has been completed on P3 and it is ready to be sent to the consulate for the interview process?

Your case might get forwarded by July 15 or my earlier dates of July 19-22.

Thanks

GCChaahiye said:

I hope!! And, get the interview date before the bloody retrogression of EB-2 becomes a possibility.

Thanks

GCChaahiye said:
You should have received Packet3.
However, there is no need to get disturbed. Some people at the NVC give out wrong information.
The letter that he referred to might even be Packet 3.
Anyway, let us know what the letter is about when you receive it, if it is not P3.

Thanks GCChaahiye,
AVM changed today (July 11) to waiting for biographic forms. It seems that the letter the person at NVC was talking about is P3. Although it took them more than two weeks to generate P3 (fee bill received by NVC on June 24), I think I should expect my P3 in the mail in a week or so.

kourosm said:
Thanks GCChaahiye,
AVM changed today (July 11) to waiting for biographic forms. It seems that the letter the person at NVC was talking about is P3. Although it took them more than two weeks to generate P3 (fee bill received by NVC on June 24), I think I should expect my P3 in the mail in a week or so.

I told you, no need to panic. 2 Weeks is about normal to generate P3.

Expect to receive in about 10 days.

rkrishna22 said:
I hope!! And, get the interview date before the bloody retrogression of EB-2 becomes a possibility.

Thanks

Don't worry it wouldn't retrogress to that extent for sure.

As long as it does NOT become "Unavailable" like EB-3

rrajendr said:
Don't worry it wouldn't retrogress to that extent for sure.

As we have seen in EB-3 cases that it became Unavailable, the same fate should not be meted out to EB-2 category. Then, I should be fine. My saga is into my 9th year, though I have not really tried it from day one.

Hopefully, it is over.

Thanks!!

Hi

Just wanted to check with experts here on 2 things

1. Aug Bulletin says EB1 and EB2 are still current.
What is meaning of that. Aug interview date are already out so what is meaning of being current in Aug Bulletin.

Where can I check the Bulletins?

2. In Case of 485 you have option of changing employer after 6 months of filing and 140 approval. Is the same true for CP also? Just in case my CP takes more than 6 months can I file for change of employer?

Thanks

gca2405 said:
Hi

Just wanted to check with experts here on 2 things

1. Aug Bulletin says EB1 and EB2 are still current.
What is meaning of that. Aug interview date are already out so what is meaning of being current in Aug Bulletin.

Where can I check the Bulletins?

2. In Case of 485 you have option of changing employer after 6 months of filing and 140 approval. Is the same true for CP also? Just in case my CP takes more than 6 months can I file for change of employer?

Thanks

gca,

what happened to your case? forwarded to consulate?

Here is the link for the bulletin:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2573.html

I do not believe that you can change employers in the case of CP as you can do in the case of I-485.

Guys,
I'm mailing Packet -3 today. Few questions?

1) Does anyone know if FEDEX delivers to NVC? I know bill to St. Louis was
needed to be mailed using UPS if I needed an expedite service.
2) All they asked to mail back now is copy of the passport and DS-230 Part I.
Is that correct?

Thanks.

GCChaahiye,

As per the NVC AVM , my case was sent to Mumbai consulate on 29-Jun.

You already told me that I might get interview date in Sept or Oct.

I will send email to Mumbai consulate in first week of Aug as you suggested.

what is your interview date?

Aug-05 Bulletin

rkrishna22 said:
As we have seen in EB-3 cases that it became Unavailable, the same fate should not be meted out to EB-2 category. Then, I should be fine. My saga is into my 9th year, though I have not really tried it from day one.

Hopefully, it is over.

Thanks!!

Hi All,

Here is something I found in the bulleting.

==========================================================
D. EMPLOYMENT VISA AVAILABILITY FOR THE REMAINDER OF FY-2005

Demand for numbers by CIS Offices for adjustment of status cases remains very high. As the end of the fiscal year approaches, it might be necessary to establish an Employment Second preference cut-off date for September to keep visa issuances within the annual numerical limits set by law. If required, such a cut-off date is likely to be limited to the China-mainland born and India chargeability areas.

Can someone tell me what this means!! Thanks!!

it means that EB2 category might retrogress in September for applicants from India and China....but i dont think the retrogression will be as bad for EB2 as for EB3.

rkrishna22 said:
Hi All,

Here is something I found in the bulleting.

D. EMPLOYMENT VISA AVAILABILITY FOR THE REMAINDER OF FY-2005

Demand for numbers by CIS Offices for adjustment of status cases remains very high. As the end of the fiscal year approaches, it might be necessary to establish an Employment Second preference cut-off date for September to keep visa issuances within the annual numerical limits set by law. If required, such a cut-off date is likely to be limited to the China-mainland born and India chargeability areas.

Can someone tell me what this means!! Thanks!!

How about next calendar year 2006

nishokie said:
it means that EB2 category might retrogress in September for applicants from India and China....but i dont think the retrogression will be as bad for EB2 as for EB3.

Does that mean, come October 2005, EB-2 would be set back to "Current".

rkrishna22 said:

Yes, that would be the case. However, if number of approved labor certifications for EB2s continues to rise (due to backlog centers and PERM) it might trigger retrogression for EB2 earlier in 2006 (spring time). Of course, this is just a guess on my part...

File sent to Consulate

GCChaahiye said:

#143 9th July 2005, 09:05 PM
GCChaahiye

As you predicted originally, AVM changed the message to
"NVC completed your case and sent to Embassy or Consulate in Madras on 19th July, 2005 etc etc ....."

Thanks. Now, it is the final leg of the journey, I guess!! I hope I get an interview in September/October.

Thanks!!

i wouldn't worry about the retrogression if i were you....you have a PD of Jan 2002, which is way far behind. even if retrogression occurs...i dont expect the date to go back to Jan 2002.....you will get your GC this year.

rkrishna22 said:

rkrishna22 said:
#143 9th July 2005, 09:05 PM
GCChaahiye

As you predicted originally, AVM changed the message to
"NVC completed your case and sent to Embassy or Consulate in Madras on 19th July, 2005 etc etc ....."

Thanks. Now, it is the final leg of the journey, I guess!! I hope I get an interview in September/October.

Thanks!!

Right on the date I predicted!

GCChahiye

hey GCchahiye can you make some predictions in my case too...

yesterday i recd the instruction package from the NVC...i assume this is packet 3.....if we fill those forms by end of next week, can you make some date or timeline predictions....my consulate in bombay.

thanks

GCChaahiye said:
Right on the date I predicted!