Packet 3 awaiting thread

GCChaahiye,

I don't know when my questions for you will end....

:)

1. will they not tell me which hospital to go for medical in P4?
or can I go to any hospital listed for immigration?

2. also my wife applied for PCC from RPO on 8th Aug.

Hopefully we will get it in month .. but just in case if don't get it before interview, can we submit any other doc?

I will try and book my tickets as you suggested. I might add couple of more days for buffer.

Thanks

I justed checked the US Consulate website and found answer to my first qs.

I can go to any hosital listed in the website.

please let me know about qs 2

Thanks

gca2405 said:
GCChaahiye,

I don't know when my questions for you will end....

:)

1. will they not tell me which hospital to go for medical in P4?
or can I go to any hospital listed for immigration?

2. also my wife applied for PCC from RPO on 8th Aug.

Hopefully we will get it in month .. but just in case if don't get it before interview, can we submit any other doc?

I will try and book my tickets as you suggested. I might add couple of more days for buffer.

Thanks

1. You can go to any hospital of your choice among those listed on the site.

( Breach Candy, Lilavati and Hinduja, I dont know any other)

2. About PCC from RPO, you know how to get things done faster ;) :D

No other document can be a substitute for PCC.

If she cannot get her PCC in time, then they might hold back stamping your wife's passport till she can furnish her PCC.

Last edited by a moderator:
rkrishna22,

Is your case with the Mumbai consulate or with the Chennai consulate?

The chennai consulate has published interview schedules for September 2005 (total 11 EB2s). You can check it out at chennai.usconsulate.gov

rkrishna22 said:
Hi GCA2405,

Are the dates for September already published? Please confirm.

udi75 said:
rkrishna22,

Is your case with the Mumbai consulate or with the Chennai consulate?

The chennai consulate has published interview schedules for September 2005 (total 11 EB2s). You can check it out at chennai.usconsulate.gov

Hi,

I checked and I did not find it in September list. Mine is Chennai consulate. Out of 550 total interviews, only 11 belong to EB2 and 1 belongs to EB1, that is it. I am not sure, by this imbalance towards EB category, whether I will get it in October as well. Hopefully in October!! fingers crossed.

rkrishna22 said:
Hi,

I checked and I did not find it in September list. Mine is Chennai consulate. Out of 550 total interviews, only 11 belong to EB2 and 1 belongs to EB1, that is it. I am not sure, by this imbalance towards EB category, whether I will get it in October as well. Hopefully in October!! fingers crossed.

I just analysed the interview pattern for EB1, EB2, & EB3 (for eb3, before the retrogression) for the following months

September, 2005
August, 2005
July, 2005
June, 2005
May, 2005

These interviews have been scheduled in the third week of the month (for the purposes of calculating third week, it is the week starting with third Monday). And, the total of EB1 and EB2 cases put together the cases fall in the range of 10 - 18 for a given month out of a total of ~ 550 interviews. When EB3 was current, there were 20 - 35 cases that were considered in EB3. Hopefully, mine gets considered in October, 2005's small window.

Please let me know if there are any other observations.

error made on form DS-230 Part 1

guys,

i just realized that I made an error on form DS-230 Part 1 in which I listed wrong dates for my previous visits and residences in the US:

instead of writing 06/2003 to 05/2004...i wrote 06/2003 to 05/2003.....

whats going to happen now ? will i get an RFE for this error ??

thanks

nishokie:

I would hope that they wouldn't bother with that -- do check with your attorney, since one never knows. In my understanding, the NVC makes sure that all you've got your documents in order, i.e. you've indicated that you have the documents necessary for the CP interview, as well as filing the DS-230.

thanks. its usually not easy for me to get in touch with my attorney as my company has hired them. i dont even have a copy of my 140 approval...so i'll have to just wait and watch. but in essence i do have all the documents in place.

but it'll be interesting to note if i dont get an RFE or something...it just means that NVC only did a cursory review before forwarding the file to the US consulate.
GS28 said:
nishokie:

I would hope that they wouldn't bother with that -- do check with your attorney, since one never knows. In my understanding, the NVC makes sure that all you've got your documents in order, i.e. you've indicated that you have the documents necessary for the CP interview, as well as filing the DS-230.

nishokie said:
guys,

i just realized that I made an error on form DS-230 Part 1 in which I listed wrong dates for my previous visits and residences in the US:

instead of writing 06/2003 to 05/2004...i wrote 06/2003 to 05/2003.....

whats going to happen now ? will i get an RFE for this error ??

thanks

Logically, it should not be a big deal as there is no fraud-intent in this matter.It is just an oversight which should be OK.

I do not think NVC has anyway to find out this mistake unless you have sent all the pages of your passport.Even then, chances are slim.

However, it is always better to correct here itself and as soon as you come across any error.

Even if you call NVC, they will ask you to send the correction through your attorney as you have one.So, you got to get hold of your attorney and get it corrected right away.

too slim

GCChaahiye said:
Logically, it should not be a big deal as there is no fraud-intent in this matter.It is just an oversight which should be OK.

I do not think NVC has anyway to find out this mistake unless you have sent all the pages of your passport.Even then, chances are slim.

However, it is always better to correct here itself and as soon as you come across any error.

Even if you call NVC, they will ask you to send the correction through your attorney as you have one.So, you got to get hold of your attorney and get it corrected right away.

I think the chances of someone else finding it very slim, unless someone is looking for wilful-fraud in your case. I sat down to write my in-and-out history when I was filling it up for my DS-230, and it took me 2 hours to finalize the total history ( I was filling up my own ). And, the nature of error is so obvious that you put an end date that is much earlier to start date, so it is not a big deal.

Having said that, you should look for ways to fix it here, if you can.

Best of Luck!!

thanks...my lawyer said don't worry about it....no bg deal.

but when i get to the interview in the next millennium...should i ask the consulate officer to correct it or should i let it go unless they ask me about it.

GCChaahiye said:

Hi,

Just in case my wife is not able to go for interview for medical reasons, Can I go by myself? Will she get another date for her interview?

--Thanks

nishokie said:
thanks...my lawyer said don't worry about it....no bg deal.

but when i get to the interview in the next millennium...should i ask the consulate officer to correct it or should i let it go unless they ask me about it.

Did you ask your attorney to get it corrected? Has he refused saying its no big deal?

Better to get corrected here itself if you really have time on your side.

Once it passes through NVC to the Consulate,and at the time of interview you mention this error, we do not know how seriously they would take this.
They might even send back your file to NVC and get you into problems.We never know how edgy they are about even silly things.

You can try to leave it as such as I personally dont see any problem even in the future.However, make sure to fill out properly in any of the forms that you might fill out later. Then you would get absolved of it automatically.IF anyone points out, behave as if you became aware of this only then and act surprised and you can say that this was an oversight and as you have proof in your passport, you should be fine.

gca2405 said:
Hi,

Just in case my wife is not able to go for interview for medical reasons, Can I go by myself? Will she get another date for her interview?

--Thanks

You can go alone and ask for a new date for your wife.

Thanks GCChaahiye

I thought you are in India

I hope you will keep checking the post here even after you get the GC as you are of great help to others.

Thanks Again

Medical Records

Hi all:
I was wondering if we need to carry the originals of the medical records for me and my husband. Do the hospitals ask for them? Does a photocopy suffice? Thanks!

sarawgt1 said:
Hi all:
I was wondering if we need to carry the originals of the medical records for me and my husband. Do the hospitals ask for them? Does a photocopy suffice? Thanks!

I presume this is for the medical examination for the CP interview. I'd say take whatever vaccination record documents that you have -- originals better than photocopies. In my experience they were pretty relaxed about the medical history, and simply noted down my answers to the various medical history questions. The vaccination record is a central part of the examination, so having documentation of this is helpful. If you or your husband has had a history of a serious illness -- or TB or something of the sort, it would be best to carry all the related records.

Best wishes.

Interview date

Thanks for your previous replies. I have another question, as I wait to hear of the interview date.

I found out that my case has been forwarded to the Mumbai consulate on August 17. Is checking the monthly interview schedule on the consulate website the only way to know of the interview date? When does the consulate send a personal notification? Any sort of timeframe indication would be very helpful.

At what point can you call or email the embassy to ask?

GCCCHAHIYE, Rkrishna22 & all

rkrishna22 said:
I just analysed the interview pattern for EB1, EB2, & EB3 (for eb3, before the retrogression) for the following months

September, 2005
August, 2005
July, 2005
June, 2005
May, 2005

My case is Eb1-OR, file reached to Chennai Consulate on July 19’Th. Even I got the reply from Chennai IV unit on Sept 12’Th saying that "Your interview will be likely in October" & for my question: "we will be sending packet4 to your "XXXXX" address." They mentioned exactly my Indian home address. After all this, in October EB1 has retrogressed to AUG, 2002.
My PD is Feb2003.
Means do I have to wait in definitely waiting for interview till my PD is current?
Please give me some predictions on my interview date.