Packet 3 awaiting thread

I do not have latest H1 stamped on passport ...

I have the first one only on passport ...

should I ask US Consulate in India if I need original H1 approval?

I have original I-94 that comes with H1 extension

gca2405 said:

Good idea to email to the Consulate, do NOT call the consulate.

IF the Consulate says you do not need the original, you are fine. Take a print out of such email when you go for the interview with copy of your current H1B.

IF the Consulate says you need the original, you can forward that email to your employer and ask them for the original.

If your employer emails you back refusing to give you the original H1B, take a print out of that to the interview. In case they verbally refuse you, try to get that in writing.

Either way,you benefit.

gca2405 said:

The employer is correct in not giving the original H1 extention notice to you. That document belongs to them. However they are obligated to give the perforated bottom portion (I-94) of that notice to you. They also usually give you a photo copy of the entire notice as well. In the case of a new H1 B approval it is different and the employer has to surrender the entire notice to the candidate so that he can approach the consulate for H1B visa stamp.

So, for your purpose what you have (Original bottom stub, and a photocopy ) is sufficient.

Raju

I received email from US Consulate in Mumbai saying "We hope to schedule you for a September appointment in August"

Is ist safe to assume that it will be in Sept.

gca2405 said:
I received email from US Consulate in Mumbai saying "We hope to schedule you for a September appointment in August"

Is ist safe to assume that it will be in Sept.

Yes! September it will be for you(99.99%).

I am in a similar position too. My attorney mailed the Packet 3 to NVC on July 26th. I am thinking that NVC must have received it by now (August 2).
Am I correct in guessing that NVC will complete the case by August 12th (10 days). Will send my case to the Mumbai consulate by August 26th (2 weeks).

Does that mean that I will get an interview date in November or December? Is there any possibility of the interview happening in October ( I actually dont want it in November due to professional exams but am worried about the retrogression at the same time)?

Also what is AVM? Thanks in advance. All your responses in this forum have been extremely informative.

sarawgt1 said:
I am in a similar position too. My attorney mailed the Packet 3 to NVC on July 26th. I am thinking that NVC must have received it by now (August 2).
Am I correct in guessing that NVC will complete the case by August 12th (10 days). Will send my case to the Mumbai consulate by August 26th (2 weeks).

Does that mean that I will get an interview date in November or December? Is there any possibility of the interview happening in October ( I actually dont want it in November due to professional exams but am worried about the retrogression at the same time)?

Also what is AVM? Thanks in advance. All your responses in this forum have been extremely informative.

Around August 24, you will hear that your case has been forwarded to Mumbai.

AVM = Automated Voice Message (at NVC)

Extremely good chances are ,you will get interview in November incase the category is still current. Depending on the situation, you could attend the Nov interview or can ask to postpone to December if you can give a very convincing reason.

let the consular process interview come whenever it comes. if you donot like the dates they will resquedule it in 1 to 2 months. You need to call them or email the embassy

raj

NVC sent case to Chennai Consulate on Aug 4, 2005

Hello Friends:

NVC says that my case has been forwarded to the chennai consulate on Aug 4, 2005. I am hoping that Chennai would schedule my interview for October.

When will the consulate publish interview appointments for September? When is the best time for me to send them an email to enquire about when my interview could possibly be?

Looking for inputs from GCChaahiye and other experienced folks.

Thanks.

udi75 said:
Hello Friends:

NVC says that my case has been forwarded to the chennai consulate on Aug 4, 2005. I am hoping that Chennai would schedule my interview for October.

When will the consulate publish interview appointments for September? When is the best time for me to send them an email to enquire about when my interview could possibly be?

Looking for inputs from GCChaahiye and other experienced folks.

Thanks.

Going by Mumbai trend, you might get the interview in November. If you are lucky,then October.

The dates for September interviews will be published around August 15.

You may email the consulate after the above interview dates are published.

GCChaahiye,

I got the interview date for Sept.

Approximatly how many days before I should reach Mumbai?

Do I need to call hospital and take appointment? I guess yes .. but please confirm.

gca2405 said:
GCChaahiye,

I got the interview date for Sept.

Approximatly how many days before I should reach Mumbai?

Do I need to call hospital and take appointment? I guess yes .. but please confirm.

It depends on the day of your interview.

For example, mine is on a Monday.So, I am reaching Mumbai the previous week on Tuesday early morning.Wednesday: rest day.Thursday: Medicals. Friday: left extra working day to be on the safe side.Sat and Sunday no business, so cant do anything.Monday Interview.

You may plan accordingly.

Once you decide which day you wish to have your medicals done, call immediately the hospital and take appointment and then book your tickets.

It is very important that you fix your schedule as early as possible.

gca2405 said:
Not yet published

I called them and asked them.

If your date is sometime in the latter half of September, and if you think you have sufficient time, then I suggest that you wait till the dates are formally published before you purchase your tickets.

In the meantime, you can book your medicals appointment and place your flight tickets on hold.

This is just my suggestion.

Thanks GCChaahiye

I haven't recd my P4 yet.

I am sure I need to wait for P4 before I can call and take medical appointment ... right?

Is it ok to have 3 working days in Mumbai before interview?

gca2405 said:
Thanks GCChaahiye

I haven't recd my P4 yet.

I am sure I need to wait for P4 before I can call and take medical appointment ... right?

Is it ok to have 3 working days in Mumbai before interview?

You do not need to wait to receive P4 to schedule your medicals and purchasing air tickets.You can do these as soon as you get your interview date confirmed.Thats the reason I asked you to wait till the dates are formally published.

If you do not receive your P4 before you leave USA,you can personally go to the Consulate Window and obtain a copy of P4 BEFORE you go for your medicals.You can also ask your friends/relatives to collect P4 for you.It contains the interview letter which you would need to show for medicals without which they will not do your medicals.

Last edited by a moderator: