Packet 3 awaiting thread

GCChaahiye,

I went to the county office for fingerprint and they said thet need some form from department of justice.

Then I called some local notary office and they said they do it for $15

I hope that will work for PCC from Singapore.

also my p3 reached NVC today(14-Jun) morning and now I am waiting for the AVM to change at NVC. Will let you know so that you can help me with your prediction on interview date.

Thanks

gca2405 said:
GCChaahiye,

I went to the county office for fingerprint and they said thet need some form from department of justice.

Then I called some local notary office and they said they do it for $15

I hope that will work for PCC from Singapore.

also my p3 reached NVC today(14-Jun) morning and now I am waiting for the AVM to change at NVC. Will let you know so that you can help me with your prediction on interview date.

Thanks

Regarding the fingerprints, I honestly doubt if that is the procedure because they did not ask me any such forms from anywhere and I believe the procedure should normally be the same in all states.

It usually is the Police Headquarters. I went and paid $5.00 and they fingerprinted me and I walked out in 2 minutes.I had to just fill out a form giving my name, address, height, weight, color of eyes, hair, and stuff like that.Nothing more.

I do not know why they need forms from DOJ and local notary, etc.

Anyway, apply immediately and keep a cushion.

gca2405 said:
GCChaahiye,

Thanks

Your P3 review would be over by June 24, the packet will be sent to Mumbai by July 1 and you can expect your interview in August. Or it may spill into September, cant say for sure.

gca2405

My file was sent to Mumbai in the last week of May and my interview is not in July.

You may be in for September. Just a guess.

P3 received

Hi,

I received my P3 yesterday 06/20/2005. I also filled out all the info in DS-230 Part I and submitted it to the attoneys for their forwarding.

Will update once they send it out!!

Guys,

When do you think I should hear the message that P3 has been sent to the Consulate, assuming that P3 is sent back to NVC today, 21st June, 2005

Thanks!!

rkrishna,

i noticed that it took almost 10 months for NVC to create a case for you and send you an RFE on dependants after the I-140 was approved. Do you know why it took that long?
thanks

rkrishna22 said:
Hi,

I received my P3 yesterday 06/20/2005. I also filled out all the info in DS-230 Part I and submitted it to the attoneys for their forwarding.

Guys,

When do you think I should hear the message that P3 has been sent to the Consulate, assuming that P3 is sent back to NVC today, 21st June, 2005

Thanks!!

rkrishna22 said:
Hi,

Guys,

Thanks!!

Around July 14, your case should be forwarded to the Consulate by the NVC.

GCChaahiye,

Today the NVC AVM changed for my case to

"Your case has been completed on 21-Jun-2005. Please allow 6-8 week for instructions"

It does not say that the case is sent to Indian consulate.

It that normal message?

your prediction was AGAIN right ....

I hope you get your process done soon.

Do you think I stand any chance of getting interview date in Aug?

gca2405 said:
GCChaahiye,

Today the NVC AVM changed for my case to

"Your case has been completed on 21-Jun-2005. Please allow 6-8 week for instructions"

It does not say that the case is sent to Indian consulate.

It that normal message?

your prediction was AGAIN right ....

I hope you get your process done soon.

Do you think I stand any chance of getting interview date in Aug?

Yes, that is the normal message. By around June 29, you will hear that your case has been sent to the Consulate around June 27.

I do not wish to disappoint you, but you would be extremely lucky if you get August interview.

I think you may get September (90%) or even October (10%)

Hey gca:

I would interpret what GCChaahiye wrote as "much more likely September than October" given the dates, and the rate at which things are moving in the consulates. If EB2 retrogresses, there is no saying when one could have an interview. Let's all continue to pray that it won't happen.

Yes, if EB2 also retrogresses, then there is no meaning of having an interview at all whether it be September or October or whenever till the PD becomes current.

In this situation,perhaps it would be a good idea to be ready to file I-485 incase EB2 retrogresses before our interview date.

I am not sure if I am lookin at the right date

I am looking at my I 140 approval priority date..

Is the priority date same in LC and I 140 ?

As mine is EB2 NIW category, I am not sure about your date.But my I-140 filing date is Jan 04. So,I guess this is my PD.

GCChahiye

hi. i wanted to let you know that FINALLY my lawyer received the fee bill from the NVC....so that was a big relief but what's strange is that when i call up the NVC automated voice response system it tells me that there is no case registered with my receipt number. Do you know whats going on there? Does the NVC registers a case only when they will receive the fee bill?

Also, could please do some predictions about dates in my case? When will I receive packet 3 and when can i expect my file to reach the consulate ?

thanks.

GCChaahiye said:
Nishokie,

I have been through this and it took CSC 5 months to forward my approved I-140 to NVC. I had to contact the Senator's office and they got my case moving. Else, I would have still been waiting.

I know one month is long enough but you cannot do anything till the "unreasonable " period of 90 days is over from the time your I-140 was approved.

Even if you start calling here and there, everyone will ask you to wait the 90 day period.

Hence, you have to wait and watch. Hopefully it would be OK anytime now.

However, incase the 90 day period is over without your case number at NVC,then you would need to contact your local senator's office and get their help. DO NOT waste even one day AFTER the 90 days to seek the help of your senator.