Packet 3 awaiting thread

PD is the date when you first file for state labor certification.

GCChaahiye said:
As mine is EB2 NIW category, I am not sure about your date.But my I-140 filing date is Jan 04. So,I guess this is my PD.

Hello All

My P3 has been received by NVC on 29th June, 2005. And the AVM says 'Please wait for 6-8 weeks for further information'.

nishokie said:
hi. i wanted to let you know that FINALLY my lawyer received the fee bill from the NVC....so that was a big relief but what's strange is that when i call up the NVC automated voice response system it tells me that there is no case registered with my receipt number. Do you know whats going on there? Does the NVC registers a case only when they will receive the fee bill?

Also, could please do some predictions about dates in my case? When will I receive packet 3 and when can i expect my file to reach the consulate ?

thanks.

nishokie,

Since you have already received the fee bill, there is nothing to worry about as your case has already been created at NVC. The fee bill will contain your case number. Check with NVC based on this case number and let me know what the AVM says. Perhaps there is some problem in the AVM that has not registered your case number.Nothing to worry about this.You are set.

You received the fee bill on June 24 as per your post. Let me know when you mailed back the fee and if there is any change in the AVM. Depending on when you mailed, I will try to predict your further dates.

rkrishna22 said:
Hello All

My P3 has been received by NVC on 29th June, 2005. And the AVM says 'Please wait for 6-8 weeks for further information'.

krishna,

Because of the late receipt of your P3 at NVC and the July 4th holiday, I would revise the earlier date to around July 19-22 when you might hear your case has been forwarded to the Consulate.

GCChaahiye said:
Yes, that is the normal message. By around June 29, you will hear that your case has been sent to the Consulate around June 27.

I do not wish to disappoint you, but you would be extremely lucky if you get August interview.

I think you may get September (90%) or even October (10%)

gca2405

Any update on your case? Forwarded to Consulate?

When would be the interview

Hi

Can you please extrapolate your prediction to the interview date. Would it be September or October (under the assumption that EB2 stays current). My PD is 07th Jan, 2002.

Thanks!!

GCChaahiye said:
krishna,

Because of the late receipt of your P3 at NVC and the July 4th holiday, I would revise the earlier date to around July 19-22 when you might hear your case has been forwarded to the Consulate.

thanks gcchaahiye. my lawyer yet hasn't paid the fee bill yet but i am assuming its going to be pretty soon. i believe the next step is getting the packet 3 from the NVC, which includes sending all the forms such as marriage certificate, PCC etc back to the NVC for review....when i asked my lawyer should i go ahead and get my PCC...they said wait because my PD is not current and the PCC will expire in one year....i dont understand that...it takes 45 days to get PCC and also my PD is jan. 2003...so i dont understand their logic why are the lawyers telling me to wait ??

GCChaahiye said:
nishokie,

Since you have already received the fee bill, there is nothing to worry about as your case has already been created at NVC. The fee bill will contain your case number. Check with NVC based on this case number and let me know what the AVM says. Perhaps there is some problem in the AVM that has not registered your case number.Nothing to worry about this.You are set.

You received the fee bill on June 24 as per your post. Let me know when you mailed back the fee and if there is any change in the AVM. Depending on when you mailed, I will try to predict your further dates.

Krishna,

Very good chance is for October.

If you are extremely lucky, then September.

Just my guesses, dont take these too seriously.You never know in these matters.

yeah, it is EB3.

also is it ture that indian enbassy in DC takes 45 days to process PCC?

do they expedite cases?

thanks

GCChaahiye said:
nishokie,

What is your category? Has it already retrogressed?

nishokie said:
yeah, it is EB3.

do they expedite cases?

thanks

All Indian Consulates in the US take atleast 30-40 days to issue PCC UNLESS, your passport has been issued by the same consulate in the recent past in which case, you may get the PCC in about 10 days or less.

nishokie said:
yeah, it is EB3.

do they expedite cases?

thanks

nishokie,

That is why your attorney is asking you to wait for your PCC. There is no point in applying now because you do not know when you will attend the interview.

Hence, it is better to wait till your category becomes current and you hear about your interview.

However, if you dont mind spending money, you may apply and obtain the PCC now and hope to get the interview within one year from its issue ( or 6 months in case of Mumbai).

INCASE, you dont get your interview within one year, you will have to spend money and reapply for the PCC.

Applying now may be beneficial to you because let the Consulate take 45 days to issue you now. And in case you have to reapply to the same consulate later, hopefully they will issue you the new PCC within 10 days , as they have already issued once.

isn't the PCC due with the packet 3? hopefully within the next month i should receive packet 3 from NVC. wouldn't i have to submit the pcc then? also, i have heard that even if your PD is not current your case will still be forwarded to the consulate.
thanks.

GCChaahiye said:
nishokie,

That is why your attorney is asking you to wait for your PCC. There is no point in applying now because you do not know when you will attend the interview.

Hence, it is better to wait till your category becomes current and you hear about your interview.

However, if you dont mind spending money, you may apply and obtain the PCC now and hope to get the interview within one year from its issue ( or 6 months in case of Mumbai).

INCASE, you dont get your interview within one year, you will have to spend money and reapply for the PCC.

Applying now may be beneficial to you because let the Consulate take 45 days to issue you now. And in case you have to reapply to the same consulate later, hopefully they will issue you the new PCC within 10 days , as they have already issued once.

nishokie said:
isn't the PCC due with the packet 3? hopefully within the next month i should receive packet 3 from NVC. wouldn't i have to submit the pcc then? also, i have heard that even if your PD is not current your case will still be forwarded to the consulate.
thanks.

As I said earlier, no certificates are required to be sent to the NVC.

All certificates, like birth, marriage, PCC, etc, need to be taken and shown at the consulate at the time of the interview.

Once you send back the Packet 3 which only has DS-230 forms Part 1, the NVC will review and will issue RFE OR forward it to your consulate. There your case will collect dust till your PD becomes current and after that only they will call you for interview.

got it. thanks for your help.

GCChaahiye said:
As I said earlier, no certificates are required to be sent to the NVC.

All certificates, like birth, marriage, PCC, etc, need to be taken and shown at the consulate at the time of the interview.

Once you send back the Packet 3 which only has DS-230 forms Part 1, the NVC will review and will issue RFE OR forward it to your consulate. There your case will collect dust till your PD becomes current and after that only they will call you for interview.

Depends on the consulate, For India no

nishokie said:
thanks.

GCChaahiye,

As per the AVM from NVC on 30-Jun-2005, my case is sent to Mumbai Consulate on 29-Jun.

Do you if it is sent electronicaly or by snail mail?

When should I check with them about my interview date.

Thanks

gca2405 said:
GCChaahiye,

As per the AVM from NVC on 30-Jun-2005, my case is sent to Mumbai Consulate on 29-Jun.

Do you if it is sent electronicaly or by snail mail?

When should I check with them about my interview date.

Thanks

I am getting better at predicting the dates :D Perhaps I should start charging for my predictions :p

I guess they send electronically, but your case would be received and perhaps entered in their system at the Consulate by around July 5, if things do not get delayed.

And my guess is, you might get a date in September (good chance) or October.

There is no point in your contacting them about your interview date. Even if you write them, they will simply reply that your date has not yet been scheduled and you will be informed in due course.

For your satisfaction, go ahead and write them if you want to, but wait till atleast July 8-10.

Last edited by a moderator:
P3 awaiting

NVC has received my fee bill on June 24 (14 days ago) but the voice message hasn't changed yet. From other posts on this list and also from cptracker, I was expecting my P3 to be generated last week and mailed this week. I just called NVC and the person informed me that my letter was gone out this week (he had no date information and didn't tell me what is the letter about). Is it normal to have P3 mailed out by NVC without haveing the voice system updated, or should I expent something else in mail instead of P3?