Outlook for FY2007

vine95050 said:
Mine is original labor - from CA to SF regional to PBEC mess.. and now in the NSC mess. My lawyer thinks that there will be more investigation if one changes to 140 premium. I just want to see if there's any number to prove this..

on the contrary i have seen some quick approvals when people made switch to premium processing

UN.........i would love to see an improvement in Family based.....so that i can get my family over here....since looks like i am out of the woods...

but how do you justify that FB should be given preference over EB??.........just because some people got their GC now their families are also special???.....who may come over here and will be burden on the medicare/medicaid (i am a bit ignorent on this and this is just a guess)

can you please state your argument on this??

desi3933 said:
What kind of investigations he is referring to? if Compnay can demonstrate ability to pay and your qualification match up with labor then there should not be any issue. Filing premium may make sense in some cases, but again there are some employers who would like to drag GC process as much they can.

You are the only person who can decide what is best for you.

All the best.

Well, my lawyer thinks this way based on his experience with H1B cases. By 'investigations' he means more RFEs -- very similar cases from the same employer; cases with PPS getting RFEs and regular ones approved in first go. That's his experience. I just want this to be corroborated by others..
Yeah, you're right, ultimately, it's my decision. My company is fine either way. They've been supportive all along - 4++ years :-( in this @#$ process.

techy2468 said:
on the contrary i have seen some quick approvals when people made switch to premium processing

Hard to say; they could have been approved in regular processing as well without a hitch.

UN,
I agree I had asked a general question and no one knows what can/will happen regarding relief.
I would think that both EB and FB visa numbers need to increase. important thing is businesses here need flexible labor at competitive rates. if IT jobs go to India/Ireland and manu keeps going to china then what is left here for our kids (my son is US citizen). ..farming ?? in the end money talks, if businesses give money to politicians then some relief will be passed .

united nations,

what are your thoughts about the EB2 movement India by 6 mo.

could this be due to AC 21 - spillover, leveled monthly,

or simply a blind move only to stop next month for the rest of the yr.

the cut off date movement has absolutely nothing to do with the backlog centers.

please read the directions carefully, they have said moving these dates
creates thousands of applications ( meaning these are the ones that are already in the I-485 Q filed earlier, and the visa number for them will be consumed only in the very last stage of the application adjucations ).

If you think about it, they have moved
EB2 india by 6 months,
eb2 china by 4 mo
eb3 row by 2 mo

with these movements they are saying thousands of apps now become eligible
and I am pretty confident most of them are in EB2 india.

what they are primarily saying is the following - We know there are thousands of apps in the I-485 Q, but we still do not know how many of them will actually consume the numbers ( because of how long it takes for I-485 processing in the various centers). If we move it just by one month, then there won't be enough demand ( remember very last stage of adjucation -- may be after the I-485 interview), so we are moving it by 6 months, to see how many of them will make it this month.

it is so sad, that they cannot control the flow precisely in a predictable manner, they are still playing the gate closed / gate open game.

the movement by 6 mo for EB2 india, thou seems to be good initially, the note practically means if I-485 processing is fast it could mean "U" very soon

it really does not address the issues of where the spillovers from EB1 / EB2 ROW go ( to EB2 oversubscribed or EB3 ROW ), if there are any.

i was wrong on eb2 ch - it is just 2 weeks, NOT 4 mo.

so pretty much, all of the thousands of apps they are taking about that became eligible are all EB2 india.

all that it means is that -- if there are no spillovers -- there are just 2800 visas for the year , and hence will be "U" with the demand they are seeing --
just by moving from jun 2002 to jan 2003.

following were the cutoff advances for EB2

apr 2006 - july 2002

may 2006 - jan 2003 and stayed and became "U"

Now, the processing times of the various centers for 485 are as follows

mar2006 - tsc

june 2005 - vsc

mar 2006 - csc

dec 2005 - nsc

so, atleast in 2 centers they are about to process those cases that would have been filed for 485 when the dates advanced to Jan 2003.

not sure what it means -- may be "U" for EB2 is right around the corner ?

Good analysis gc_tx_2003! Seems logical. Most folks (including me earlier) are unnecessarily making the relatively simple concept complicated.

To put it in simple terms, it is analogous to a waiting queue outside empire state building or liberty bell where weekdays ~ ROW and weekends ~ Retro. Every time the guard lifts the rope, he allows only a certain number visitors in based on the information he gets about number of visitors leaving the building and number already in (on top and/or waiting for elevator). If no more room available on top, he will hold the rope down (~unavailable) and not let anyone in until he sees a sign that crowd is clearing. This is basically to control/limit the crowd on top of the building. On weekdays, you can go straight to elevator since the inflow is usually less than max supported/allowed. This example doesn't include an equivalent for 485 denials, but jumping off the building can be considered as denial. :)

So based on the simple information on approx. 485 processing time, number of predicted approvals (or max allowed) and estimated number of new applications for each month advance (may be based on already filed/approved 140s) the cut off dates would be moved so that more applicants can get into 485 processing. If they get more than estimated, the dates move back or stay where they are. If they get less than expected, dates advance rapidly. However, IF their estimates are correct, the cut off date moment should be uniform. For example, I think EB2 dates hovered around Jun 02 to Jan 03 and unavailable in recent months bc's they are getting much more than estimated new 485 filings (may be due to concurrent filings from recent BEC approvals of old PDs or EB3 to EB2 conversions) . This probably the reason why EB1 applicants are getting 485 approvals fast now (as soon as name check is cleared) as their is no queue inside waiting for visa numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
unitednations said:
Companies don't outsource to other countries because they can't find the skilled labor here.

#1 to #10 reason for outsourcing is that it is cheaper. Do you really think if they increased the quota to 500,000 people that US companies wouldn't outsource?

#1 may be cost but #2 is also quality and a bigger pool of s.ware engg/ fresh engineers with sound knowledge of maths and science. healthcare is another reason ..
if visa is increased outsourcing will reduce as cost to hire a s.ware engg in US will reduce ..it comes to supply and demand.

unitednations said:
Companies don't outsource to other countries because they can't find the skilled labor here.

#1 to #10 reason for outsourcing is that it is cheaper. Do you really think if they increased the quota to 500,000 people that US companies wouldn't outsource?

now you sound more like Lou Dobbs here, I have been in this business for 10 years, I have a first hand experience where we simply could'nt find resources, even thou company was ready to pay handsome salary, in my present company (where I was the only Indian for long time), when we wanted to expand, it was so difficult to find resources in the current market, we finally went and brought a company in Bangalore, I know for sure if we had resources even at a reasonable price our company would expanded at home, to our surprice in one of our private colleage nearby for this year there will be only one student graduating from computer science department.

if you compare the prices from Bangalore to where I live in US (which is modest town) cost of living is not that different, we do this for fun every day, a decent three bed room house in B'lore cost about 250K these days,

UN meant in general...

No idea about your company and where you are located, but UNs statement is true to the t. It is a well known truth....outsourcing is common in US. It has been the case even before your were in business...

guldukan said:
now you sound more like Lou Dobbs here, I have been in this business for 10 years, I have a first hand experience where we simply could'nt find resources, even thou company was ready to pay handsome salary, in my present company (where I was the only Indian for long time), when we wanted to expand, it was so difficult to find resources in the current market, we finally went and brought a company in Bangalore, I know for sure if we had resources even at a reasonable price our company would expanded at home, to our surprice in one of our private colleage nearby for this year there will be only one student graduating from computer science department.

if you compare the prices from Bangalore to where I live in US (which is modest town) cost of living is not that different, we do this for fun every day, a decent three bed room house in B'lore cost about 250K these days,

Could you please.. guldukan and UN

Could you please send me the job description and the salaray range, I will
get you the people who are willing to work anywhere in USA. I know
many engineers, Accountants and other professionals looking for a job.
They may have GC, USC or Other Visa. Please send a email.

I am not a recruiter...I am trying to help people....Thank you

guldukan said:

now thats called as a exaggeration.....250k for 3 bedroom house in bangalore....i hope you are talking in USD........

and if you are in india.....you should not expect a usa style three bedroom house with half a acre of lawn.......even the millionaires of india dont have it...

but if you are talking about a simple three bedroom house with a car garage......i bet i can get you one for $100k.....within 10 miles radius from where ever you specify in bangalore....

even the best software guys live in a three bedroom apartment these days in bangalore.......which is considered as a lot as per the standards over there......and yes these three bedroom apartments do cost $100k

Physical GC in 10 months

I just got to know today that one of my colleagues who is from non retro started his paperwork, processing etc in last December, filed concurrent in EB2 and got his GC last week. Even our lawyer was surprised. Looks like the system is working pretty well expect for retro countries.

Not too bad! Well, now all I can do is wait for my turn :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bdesh rocks

UN,

you must be a very happy guy today:

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/2006/

now, can you tell us what the f**k is wrong with California Service Center ? We are a bunch of guys who have current dates and cleared name checks and the b***turds wont give us our GC ? Most of us are waiting for 5+yrs. Can you please use any sources you have and let us know ? Will be greatful for you help.

Happay ramadan

- cider

techy2468 said:
now thats called as a exaggeration.....250k for 3 bedroom house in bangalore....i hope you are talking in USD........

and if you are in india.....you should not expect a usa style three bedroom house with half a acre of lawn.......even the millionaires of india dont have it...

but if you are talking about a simple three bedroom house with a car garage......i bet i can get you one for $100k.....within 10 miles radius from where ever you specify in bangalore....

even the best software guys live in a three bedroom apartment these days in bangalore.......which is considered as a lot as per the standards over there......and yes these three bedroom apartments do cost $100k

seems like you are out-of-touch with reality in B'lore, I am talking about an independent house in 60x40 plot, obviously you can not exactly compare to houses in US, but compare in terms living standard, prices are soaring, we do business their on a daily basis, I will be visiting shortly on business trip, will keep you posted

besides I grow up in Banglore

cider said:
UN,

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/2006/

now, can you tell us what the f**k is wrong with California Service Center ? We are a bunch of guys who have current dates and cleared name checks and the b***turds wont give us our GC ? Most of us are waiting for 5+yrs. Can you please use any sources you have and let us know ? Will be greatful for you help.

Happay ramadan

- cider
don't understand why UN is happy for news of nobel prize,

But I am really happy for the guy, hope we have few more like in sub continent, we will have more guys engaged in meaningful living and not exploited by politicians

idog said:
Could you please send me the job description and the salaray range, I will
get you the people who are willing to work anywhere in USA. I know
many engineers, Accountants and other professionals looking for a job.
They may have GC, USC or Other Visa. Please send a email.

I am not a recruiter...I am trying to help people....Thank you

we had tons of resumes, but could'nt find a right candidates

Regarding CSC, I get your point. I wont poke them. Can they still reject a 485 if I file a mandamus lawsuit ? Do senators, congressmen have any effect ? Most of what you wrote pertains to staffing companies etc. What about fortune 500 cases. Is CSC going about rejecting those cases also ?

unitednations said:
Originally Posted by cider
UN,

I'm happy everyday. I don't have pressures like you all do. I take no pride in the achievements of people from South Asia. I would have felt happier if Vince Carter got traded back to the Raptors. Now that would have been newsworthy to me.

I'm in late thirties have lived in North America for 32 years. I have no connection or feel no connection to South Asia.

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/...laureates/2006/

California service center is not one to poke. They have figured out this greencard game. Ask the Ace "victims" what USCIS did. They denied over 30 I-140's in a row and then they approved five of them. Four of the five were then later revoked by uscis. All due to staffing agency and ability to pay

Another publicly traded company in India ($30 million in revenue) had their I-140's denied due to being staffing agency and no permanent job.

California for the last few years has given a really tough time to staffing agencies in H-1b's. If you can't show a contract with the person being sponsored's name on it then they will deny h-1b. Many companies in California took up branch office in Vermont region so they wouldn't have to file h-1b's in California.

Ask all the companies who have filed transfer of h-1b's or extensions who have never dealt with California service center. They have been in the shock of their life this past summer.

Why am I saying this? The two cases I referenced above is the first time I saw USCIS cross over "temp. agencies" from H-1b to 140's. If California service center keeps doing this then the 140's are at risk. Could be happening to you guys.

Do not poke them.

Happay ramadan

Thanks for informing me. Didn't know about it until you posted it.

- cider