October/November/December 2003 I-140/I-485 Concurrent Filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Help help

Update XL-sheet

Originally posted by coumars
My EAD finaly approved today 02/23/04. It says new card will be sent soon.

ND 10/20/2003
RD 10/23/2003 EB3 category. Approved date 02/23/04.

Wishing everyone Good luck.

Thanks

:) :)
blue large I updated XL- sheet.

got iEAD from Boston

Hi All,

Went to Boston USCIS today and took my iEad. The whole process was smooth and took about 3 hours. Just handed him the receipt notice and a new i765 form and passport, and got it done. No questions asked. The only rough part is waiting outside of the building for an our or so.....

jits,
welcome to the forum. but u made a terrible mistake. u took jul-sept file and updated ur info and posted here as oct-dec.xls. pl use correct spreadsheet. thanks

Originally posted by jits1609
I updated my information.....
attached is the file....

Please add my EAD approved date 02/23/04. in XL sheet.

Originally posted by pathikb
jits,
welcome to the forum. but u made a terrible mistake. u took jul-sept file and updated ur info and posted here as oct-dec.xls. pl use correct spreadsheet. thanks

Originally posted by pathikb
jits,

Corrected the spreadsheet and added coumars' change to his EAD approval date.

jits1609, you will need to re-modify the spreadsheet with your information -- make sure to edit/attach oct-nov-dec03.xls next time :).

ETA

Travel w/ AP

Pr_2004, I added your information.

I just received my AP approval papers from my attorney. What should I take with me besides my AP paper, copy of I485 notice, passport to travel outside United States? I don't have a H1 visa. It's the expired F1 visa on my passport. Do I need to staple my H1 approval on my passport?

Thanks in advance for any information.

mhe

INTERIM EAD In Philadelphia

I am plannig to go to the local INS office in Philadelphia for an interim EAD. Since it is almost 120 days. What are the documents i need to take and what are the timings. Appreicate a response from any one who has done it.

INTERIM EAD In Philadelphia

I am plannig to go to the local INS office in Philadelphia for an interim EAD. Since it is almost 120 days. What are the documents i need to take and what are the timings?. Appreicate a response from any one who has done it.

Re: INTERIM EAD In Philadelphia

Originally posted by VSCNarik
I am plannig to go to the local INS office in Philadelphia for an interim EAD. Since it is almost 120 days. What are the documents i need to take and what are the timings?. Appreicate a response from any one who has done it.
Don't have direct experience, but I would suggest you prepare all the documents you can think - passport, visas, 485/140/765 receipt notices, driver's liscence or even some pay slips, just in case they take some unexpected actions (they do that don't they). Please share your experience here when you come back. Good luck!

Waiting for EAD

Hi,

I applied for I-140 on 9/14/2003
and EAD/AP/485 on 10/29/2003.

But still waiting for the EAD and AP :(

Has anybody thought about going for the Consular Processing,
after the I-140 gets cleared ?

Right now it is taking around 160-200 days from I-140 date and the actual Consular interview. Sometimes this seems more attrative than waiting for !$#@@ 3 years.

cheers,
Garud

Re: Re: INTERIM EAD In Philadelphia

Originally posted by PhillyJulyLC
Don't have direct experience, but I would suggest you prepare all the documents you can think - passport, visas, 485/140/765 receipt notices, driver's liscence or even some pay slips, just in case they take some unexpected actions (they do that don't they). Please share your experience here when you come back. Good luck!

Thanks For Your Reply PhillyJulyLC. I will be going there next week. I will definetly let all know what happened. The INS guys are worse than tortoises. :mad:

EAD approved

My EAD was approved yesterday. I added my entry to the spreadsheet (hopefully I didnt mess it up). Has anyone with ND around oct 20th get their travel doc yet ?

I noticed that several people didnt apply for the travel document. My H1 doesnt expire untill late 2005, so just curious what the implications of getting the AP are on my H1-B are... can I still continue being on H1-B and travel using the same ?

endless_gc_loop

Re: Waiting for EAD

Originally posted by labor2001
Hi,

I applied for I-140 on 9/14/2003
and EAD/AP/485 on 10/29/2003.

But still waiting for the EAD and AP :(

Has anybody thought about going for the Consular Processing,
after the I-140 gets cleared ?

Right now it is taking around 160-200 days from I-140 date and the actual Consular interview. Sometimes this seems more attrative than waiting for !$#@@ 3 years.

cheers,
Garud

Hi Garud.

Depending on your situation switching to CP *might* make sense but I believe that the general concensus these days is that the adustment of status route is better overall (in spite of the delays). Here are the major pros/cons as I understand them in your current situation (others please feel free to add/correct):

+In order to switch to CP, you have to file an I-824 and unfortunately this form is currently taking 1-2 years to process. I believe that *some* consulates allow CP to proceed as long as you have a receipt showing you've filed the I-824 (and/or qualify for AC-140 -- I'm not sure about the details of this) but this tends to be the exception currently -- you'd have to check with your consulate. If you have to wait for 1-2 years *plus* 200 days for CP, you might be better off just waiting for the 485 to be processed (your I-140 could be approved within 1 year at the current pace).

+I *believe* that the filing of the I-824 would invalidate your I-485 (although this is the subject of some debate and this might only happen once the I-824 is actually processed). If you are depending on the pending 485 to remain in valid status (including your EAD/AP) filing for CP won't be an option (you'll need an alternative visa, e.g. H/L/O to see you through this).

+With the 485 route, you will have AC-21 portability once your I-140 is approved (as long as your 485 has been pending for > 180 days at that point). You can change to a similar job with a new employer if you want or if this becomes necessary (e.g. if your I-140 sponsor dries up) and you GC process can still suceed. If you are waiting for CP and your sponsor goes out of business, you are screwed -- your GC process is totally dead. For this reason alone, I would avoid CP unless you are absolutely certain that your sponsor's situation / future employment are assured.

+If a 485 is denied you can potentially appeal this and take steps to remain in the country. If your CP is denied, you are SOL (although properly prepared CP cases have rarely been denied in the past afaik).

+The current processing times could change. I've heard (perhaps incorrectly) that CP processing times are starting to increase. So are VSC processing times but who's to say what the situation will be 1-2 years from now.

+Also, make sure that the consulate that you'd be using really is taking < 200 days lately -- I heard/read in lots of places that Montreal was only taking a few months but when I looked at actual recent approvals it looked like the wait was more like 9+ months (and increasing).

Another alternative might be to wait until the I-140 is approved and re-evaluate then, especially if your consolate is one of the few that allows CP to proceed based upon the I-824 having been filed (by showing them the Notice of Receipt) rather than insisting it be approved.

Some of the other threads on this site will probably have more detailed information.

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
AP Approved

My AP was approved on 02/26.

EB2

MD: 10/13/03
RD: 10/14/03
ND: 10/20/03
EAD: 02/20/04
AP: 02/26/04

Hope the I-140 gets approved soon. Updated the tracking sheet.

Guys:

Received RFE on my EAD. RD is 10/28/2003. (Asking drivers license photocopy)

Is reply RFE will help my 140 approval?

thanks
dashDurai.

Hello,
I have been following this forum for a while but not able to post (had a problem with my account).
Can somebody enter my info in the excel tracker?
EB3 LC:
pd 04/2001

I140/I485/wife's AP/EAD:
RD 10/21/03
AP/EAD RFEs issued 02/11/04
AP/EAD RFEs RD 02/25/04

The RFEs were about better passport copies. I guess I'm in the same boat as dashDurai.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.