OCI - San Francisco Tracker

Really! Anyhow i don't know what purpose the Indian passport will serve now after possessing US passport. I have noted down the passport number.

Thanks for mentioning it. I thought of sending later for a second.. then realized no harm in sending it advance. I have no travel plans for another two months.

Hi.

I see that you mailed yr original passport (both, Indian and US) with the OCI application; correct? Is that the recommended way? (I'm asking because some people that sent together did not receive their Indian passports back. See http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=307181)

Thanks.

Really! Anyhow i don't know what purpose the Indian passport will serve now after possessing US passport. I have noted down the passport number.

Thanks for mentioning it. I thought of sending later for a second.. then realized no harm in sending it advance. I have no travel plans for another two months.

I didn't mean to scare you. If you noted, the Consulate referred therein, is Washington DC (not SFO, where I too would be sending). The other imp. q is, do we want to leave our US passport with these guys - thru the entire process of the OCI, which COULD take a while? (For instance, I have family in Australia that I can visit - while my OCI is being processed...)

Thanks, again.

That’s true with Indian Embassy. I was going thro the SFO thread.. They process it in 3 weeks. That’s why I send the original Passport. Hope to receive it by safely.

QUOTE=Semi-conc'nt 04;2135765]I didn't mean to scare you. If you noted, the Consulate referred therein, is Washington DC (not SFO, where I too would be sending). The other imp. q is, do we want to leave our US passport with these guys - thru the entire process of the OCI, which COULD take a while? (For instance, I have family in Australia that I can visit - while my OCI is being processed...)

Thanks, again.[/QUOTE]

Do we need to send Original Indian Passport with OCI application

Hi,

I appreciate if you can share your experience, do we need to send original Indian Passport in addition to 2 self attested photo copies with OCI form. I applied for OCI for my wife and two daughters without submitting originals. After receving the application form, some one called from CGI SF to send original Indian Passport and PIO cards. I did send the originals in a separate mail.

Small update:
Still no OCI docs, so I emailed them about the delay yesterday night. After a few emails about tracking numbers this morning, they acknowledged a delay in processing and that the docs will be mailed out today - keeping my fingers crossed. They even called me to close the loop.

The week or so delay may not be their best work, but CGI SF's customer service rocks.

When do I send US passport to CGI SF

Update on OCI :

Documents dispatched on Dec 18. Hope the process ends before New year :)

Did you send your original US passport?

We have the following online status info:

Documents printing status: PRINTED
Documents printed on: 11-DEC-2009
Documents Despatched from Delhi on: 14-DEC-2009
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO: NOT YET

Yes i did send the original US/INDIAN passport.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you send your original US passport?

We have the following online status info:

Documents printing status: PRINTED
Documents printed on: 11-DEC-2009
Documents Despatched from Delhi on: 14-DEC-2009
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO: NOT YET

Should Indian Passport and US passport go together with OCI form?

Hi,

I just want to know do I need to send both Indian Passport and US Passport with OCI application or I should wait for a call or email from CGI SF. For my family, I sent Indian Passport and PIO cards after someone called from CGI SF. When can I send my family US passports for U-VISA sticker. As of now family documents not reached CGI SF though printed, scanned and despatched from Delhi. I appreciate if you share your experience.

Hi,

I just want to know do I need to send both Indian Passport and US Passport with OCI application or I should wait for a call or email from CGI SF. For my family, I sent Indian Passport and PIO cards after someone called from CGI SF. When can I send my family US passports for U-VISA sticker. As of now family documents not reached CGI SF though printed, scanned and despatched from Delhi. I appreciate if you share your experience.

Just keep checking online status and as soon as it says docs received in SFO, send the US passport, etc. per the instructions in http://www.cgisf.org/oc/Dispatch.html - except, of course, the stuff you have already sent.

It depends upon the comfort level . you can send it earlier with the OCI Form or later when it says documents reached CGI SF. Both ways it works.

Hi,

Yes i did send the original US/INDIAN passport.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is good - I think the app gets processed faster this way. When I talked to the OCI office, they said passport stamps are processed/mailed out within 2 working days typically.

Send copy of Indian passport and US passport copy with OCI application. Once OCI documents reach the Indian embassy/consulate then mail the Indian passport and US passport or if you visit Indian embassy/ consulate to collect OCI personally then take Indian and US passport.

Total # of photos for OCI Appl'n?

Hi, guys.

1) How many passport-size photos are required in all?

2) Are the spec's for the photo (for submission @ SFO) the same as that for a US passport?

Thank you.