OCI - San Francisco Tracker

Today in morning got an email notification from Travisa to send in US passport for matching up of OCI, i knew that i m gona get email from Travisa . passport sent to Travisa today by next day .

06/29/2011 12:20am PST Service order form completed online
07/01/2011 2:14pm PST OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
07/05/2011 12:24pm PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
07/05/2011 2:14pm PST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
07/06/2011 8:39am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
07/06/2011 10:21am PST Documents received by Consulate
07/11/2011 2:00pm PST Pending approval of the Government of India
07/26/2011 9:17am PST OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken

Can someone paste instructions they received (where/what/how to send) to mail in the U.S. passport from Travisa after their OCI card was received at the consulate. I'd like to cut down some of the processing time by mailing it a few days before Travisa updates the status.

07/8/2011 9:25pm PST Service order form completed online
07/14/2011 9:04am PST OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
07/14/2011 11:47am PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
07/14/2011 2:15pm PST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
07/18/2011 8:46am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
07/18/2011 8:52am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
07/18/2011 4:56pm PST Documents received by Consulate
07/21/2011 2:00pm PST Pending approval of the Government of India

It is probably good idea to wait for the email.

FYI, following was the text of the email
-------------

Your OCI Card has been received from Delhi and is now ready to be matched up with your original passport. You must now send in your original passport by mail only (no in person submissions) to the Travisa Outsourcing office where you submitted your OCI application. It is strongly recommended to send in your passport by a track-able method such as FedEx or UPS.

Instructions:
Print the attached mailing slip and attach it to the outside of your package to send your original passport to the Travisa Outsourcing office.
Print a copy of this email and include it inside your package with your original passport.
Mail your original passport to the address provided in the attached mailing slip

In case if you don't want to wait then following are the instructions

Your OCI card has been received from Delhi, but we have not received your original passport. Please send in your original passport to the Travisa Outsourcing office in your jurisdiction, attention OCI Matchup Department. Please make sure to reference your application ID on the outside of the package. If you have recently mailed in your original passport, please allow 2-4 business days for your status to be updated

Got the OCI Ready email this afternoon. I had sent a pre-paid USPS Express Mail envelope. So it would most likely be sent out tomorrow. Will be a big relief when I finally get it in my hand.

Travisa Outsourcing has received your document back from Indian Consulate. We have verified that your request of OCI - New OCI Card (Adult) has been processed correctly. Your documents will now be prepared for shipment back to you. If you have not provided a prepaid air bill to ship your documents, you must do so immediately unless you are planning to pick up your documents in person. You may come in and pickup your passport with the OCI between 4:30pm - 6:00pm.

06/18/2011 11:24pm PST Service order form completed online
06/24/2011 2:03pm PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
06/24/2011 4:16pm PST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
06/29/2011 8:35am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
06/29/2011 5:06pm PST Documents received by Consulate
07/05/2011 2:00pm PST Pending approval of the Government of India
07/22/2011 9:26am PST OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken.
07/25/2011 5:52pm PST Passport prepared to go to Consulate
07/26/2011 9:10am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
07/26/2011 10:50am PST Documents received by Consulate
07/28/2011 5:26pm PST Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
In case if you don't want to wait then following are the instructions

Your OCI card has been received from Delhi, but we have not received your original passport. Please send in your original passport to the Travisa Outsourcing office in your jurisdiction, attention OCI Matchup Department. Please make sure to reference your application ID on the outside of the package. If you have recently mailed in your original passport, please allow 2-4 business days for your status to be updated

Thanks sfbay. Realized I couldn't do it earlier because they want us to include a copy of the e-mail. Luckily, I got the e-mail yesterday and my passport is on its way. Just seems like it would be a lot faster if the U.S. Passport was sent with the original application if you don't have travel plans.

I received my OCI, US Passport with the U Visa sticker, cancelled Indian passport and the renunciation form back this morning. The Indian passport has a small cancelled stamp on the front page with an application number and nothing else. The renunciation certificate has the same stamp with nothing else written on the form.

My 16-years immigration journey completed today. It started with F-1 in 1995, multiple H-1Bs, Green Card, US Citizenship and finally the Indian OCI. My Travisa experience was extremely smooth, efficient and pleasing.

This forum has been extremely helpful. I would like to wish the best of luck to everyone in this forum. I would encourage everyone to hang in there - the process eventually works and in the end "Alls Well That Ends Well".

OVER AND OUT

Just seems like it would be a lot faster if the U.S. Passport was sent with the original application if you don't have travel plans.

You missed that boat like a month ago, when TRAVISA used to take up the U.S.A Passport from every applicant regardless of whether or not the applicant had to travel when their O.C.I was under process. It was an outcry from the pools of applicants that lead to the current decision by Embassy of India in Washington District of Columbia where applicants do not have to turn in their U.S.A Passport in the beginning of the O.C.I process.

Indian government tries to put on the a cap that is "one size fits all category".

Oh well, we just now have to live by it.

travisa recieved my passport on monday. they sent me an email thu eve that my passport was ready to be picked up from 4:30 to 6pm. i went around 5. waited in queue till 5:15 and they just gave me my us passport, oci book, oci sticker in passport and the renunciation form. all done then. ty folks!

here is the full status updates and timelines.

06/10/2011 2:49pm PST Service order form completed online
06/15/2011 10:55am PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
06/16/2011 3:45pm PST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
06/20/2011 8:49am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
06/20/2011 8:53am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
06/20/2011 11:32am PST Documents received by Consulate
06/23/2011 2:00pm PST Pending approval of the Government of India
07/21/2011 2:02pm PST OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken.
07/25/2011 9:59am PST Additional documents have been received. It may take several days before further action is displayed.
07/25/2011 3:24pm PST Passport prepared to go to Consulate
07/26/2011 9:10am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
07/26/2011 10:50am PST Documents received by Consulate
07/28/2011 12:11pm PST Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

Just seems like it would be a lot faster if the U.S. Passport was sent with the original application if you don't have travel plans.

Actually, it is better this way. It is better to send US passport separately. If OCI application gets delayed for some reason then you won't be travel. In that case only option would be to cancel OCI application. 2-3 days delay is much much better than restarting whole process.

correction:

It is better to send US passport separately. If OCI application gets delayed for some reason (like printer broken in delhi) then you won't be able to travel. In that case only option would be to cancel OCI application. Believe me, 2-3 days delay is much much better than restarting whole process.

i received my OCI BOOKLET ,US PASSPORT WITH VISA ON IT , RENUNCIATION FORM AND CANCELED INDIAN PASSPORT on 8/5/2001

06/29/2011 12:20am PST Service order form completed online
07/01/2011 2:14pm PST OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
07/05/2011 12:24pm PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
07/05/2011 2:14pm PST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
07/06/2011 8:39am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
07/06/2011 10:21am PST Documents received by Consulate
07/11/2011 2:00pm PST Pending approval of the Government of India
07/26/2011 9:17am PST OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken.
07/29/2011 2:25pm PST Passport prepared to go to Consulate
08/01/2011 8:58am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
08/01/2011 11:05am PST Documents received by Consulate
08/03/2011 1:39pm PST Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.
08/04/2011 1:49pm PST Passport mailed out. Please note that the tracking information may not be active for up to 1 business day.

Date Of Acknowledgment
06-JUL-2011
Application Status
Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned On 08-JUL-2011
Registration Status at Mission : Granted On 08-JUL-2011
Documents Printing Status PRINTED On 11-JUL-2011

Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On 14-JUL-2011

Hi Folks,

Can someone tell me if we need to send 2 additional photos to the OCI application on top of the 2 that we stick on Part A of the application?

No you don't

The two photos are the ones that you stick in part-A of the application. you do not need to send two more photographs

Here is my status.

Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned 25-AUG-2011
Registration Status at Mission : Granted 25-AUG-2011
Documents Printing Status : PRINTED 26-AUG-2011
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) : NEW DELHI 30-AUG-2011

Waiting for the OCI to reach SFO.

Strange thing. Yesterday night, I got an email from travisa that my OCI has arrived at SFO. But the MHA site still says NOT YET reached. I just now sent the passports overnight, should reach them by Monday.

08/16/2011 7:45am PST Service order form completed online
08/23/2011 9:14am PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
08/23/2011 9:44am PST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
08/25/2011 8:59am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
08/25/2011 5:15pm PST Documents received by Consulate
08/30/2011 2:00pm PST Pending approval of the Government of India
09/09/2011 7:21pm PST OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken.

OCI questions

Hello all,
My spouse became a US Citizen 2 weeks back on August 2011 and I would like to know if somebody can respond to the following information since requirements have changed now.

1. Are the 2 X 2 PASSPORT photos taken in Costco fine?
2. Regarding 'Proof of Renunciation of Indian Citizenship':
a. I see that the fee is $175 from the image chart. Is this correct?
b. Should I write a check for $175 plus $12 service fee (Total $187) payable to 'Travisa Outsourcing'?
c. Should I pay the above fee of $187 in addition to the fee for 'New OCI Card (Adult)' which is a total of $290.00 (278 plus 12) ?
d. Can I pay all the above fee of $187 plus $290 in 1 Cashiers check? Or should it be two separate checks?

3. I see that there is a $12 Service Fee for 'Passport Match-up with OCI at Consulate'. Is this a separate check that needs to be paid to 'Travisa Outsourcing' in addition to the above fees?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: