OCI - San Francisco Tracker

Got email for my OCI from Travisa...saying it is ready for pickup..
they say they will send it on Monday....

04/22/2011 12:26pm PST

Service order form completed online

04/26/2011 12:28pm PST

OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.

05/05/2011 9:43am PST

Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed

05/14/2011 11:24am PST

Documents prepared to go to Embassy.

05/17/2011 9:11am PST

Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate

07/08/2011 3:36pm PST

Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

Got my OCI today morning...thank God..

Good luck to all of you...hang in there.

jas11 - I have the same problem. The OCI enquiry only shows ny name and nothing else on that page. There is probably some issue with the OCI website. We just need to wait for this to get fixed

06/18/2011 11:24pm PST Service order form completed online
06/24/2011 2:03pm PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
06/24/2011 4:16pm PST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
06/29/2011 8:35am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
06/29/2011 5:06pm PST Documents received by Consulate
07/05/2011 2:00pm PST Pending approval of the Government of India

I also have same issue. OCI enquiry status doesn't provide any status information.

06/29/2011 12:36pm PST Service order form completed online
07/05/2011 2:15pm PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
07/05/2011 5:29pm PST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
07/07/2011 9:17am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
07/07/2011 11:17am PST Documents received by Consulate
07/12/2011 2:00pm PST Pending approval of the Government of India

Hi,

Approx how much time does it take to get the U-Visa sticker after getting the oci-notification to send in the passport. Apparently the procedure changed on June 15 and Travisa does not have enough data to give an estimate. If anyone has applied after June 15 and gotten their U-visa sticker, I would be interested to know.

thanks

Q.3265 VISA to NRIs

March 16, 2011

LOK SABHA
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO.3265
TO BE ANSWERED ON 16.03.2011

SHRI P.L. PUNIA:

Will the Minister of EXTERNAL AFFAIRS be pleased to state:

(a) whether the Government has formulated a scheme to provide lifetime visa to the Non-Resident Indians;
(b) if so, the details thereof;
(c) whether PIO and OCI cards are likely to be merged in this scheme; and
(d) if so, the details thereof?

ANSWER THE MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS (SMT. PRENEET KAUR)

(a) & (b) Yes. The Government has formulated ‘Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card’ which is issued to a foreign national (i) who was citizen of India any time after after 26th January, 1950 or (ii) who was eligible for citizenship of India on 26th January, 1950 or (iii) who is a citizen of another country, but belonged to a territory that became part of India after 15th August, 1947 or (iv) who is a child or grand child of such a citizen or (v) any person who is a minor child of a person mentioned in clauses (i) to (iv) above. No person who is or was a citizen of Pakistan, Bangladesh or such other country as the Central Government may specify shall be eligible for OCI card. The holder of an OCI card is entitled to multiple-entry, multi-purpose life long visa for visiting India and can take up studies, business, employment etc in India. The holder enjoys parity with Non-resident Indians in economic, financial and educational fields except for acquisition of agricultural land or plantation. The scheme is already in force.

(c) & (d) Yes. PIO and OCI cards will be merged with effect from 1st April, 2011. After merger, the holders of the two cards shall enjoy the same benefits and shall be subject to the same restrictions.

http://meaindia.nic.in/myprint.php?id=220217425&d=26&sz=c&m=&y=&pg=&flg=&searchdata1=

what do you guys think about this?

HI,

I applied on june 15th. they did not acceept the passport with the application. When I do get the request to send in the passport, i will update the forum about timelines. they dispatched mine from delhi 7/11 but hasn't reached mission office yet according to status.

Hi,

Approx how much time does it take to get the U-Visa sticker after getting the oci-notification to send in the passport. Apparently the procedure changed on June 15 and Travisa does not have enough data to give an estimate. If anyone has applied after June 15 and gotten their U-visa sticker, I would be interested to know.

thanks

HI,

I applied on june 15th. they did not acceept the passport with the application. When I do get the request to send in the passport, i will update the forum about timelines. they dispatched mine from delhi 7/11 but hasn't reached mission office yet according to status.

Mine also printed and dispatched on july 11 2011 according to oci new delhi . some of us can't see status online so i send email to new Delhi oci dept .. its been dispatched on July 11 haven't reached sfo mission
ACK date was july 6 2011 dont know why its taking long to come to sfo . it should be faster mail service for missions .

Mine was mailed on 7/12 from New Delhi and the status shows as not-reached in SF. It is worrying when it is in transit for so many days :(

Finally received the email from Travisa that my OCI has been received from Delhi.
Got the following email this morning

Your OCI Card has been received from Delhi and is now ready to be matched up with your original passport. You must now send in your original passport by mail only (no in person submissions) to the Travisa Outsourcing office where you submitted your OCI application. It is strongly recommended to send in your passport by a track-able method such as FedEx or UPS.

Ack Date: 6/29/2011
OCI Sent Date from Delhi: 07/06/2011

I can't see my full details on the India OCI Website

Travisa
======
06/24/2011 2:03pm PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
06/29/2011 8:35am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
07/22/2011 9:26am PST OCI Card received by the Consulate from India. Once your original passport is received, it will be matched up with your OCI card and then sent back to Travisa Outsourcing

Here is the updated OCI timeline from the Travisa website - you will see this info when they update your case status after the OCI is recived from Delhi.

OCI Processing Time

OCI processing consists of 2 steps. The first step is applying for the OCI card. The second step is after the OCI card is approved, the original US passport is sent in to be matched up with the OCI card.

Processing times for each step in the application process:

•40 days (or 50 if applying in the New York and Houston Jurisdictions) from the time the application is sent from Travisa Outsourcing to the Indian Embassy or Consulate until the time that your physical OCI card is received by the Embassy/Consulate from Delhi, India.
•Once the OCI card arrives at the Consulate, you will be required to send in your original passport. Once your original passport has been received by the Travisa outsourcing Office, processing will resume
•2 days for Travisa Outsourcing to receive and send the US passport to the Consulate for match up.
•7 days for the Consulate to match up the US passport with the OCI card
•2 days for Travisa Outsourcing to ship the US passport and OCI card

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally received the email from Travisa that my OCI has been received from Delhi.

Your OCI Card has been received from Delhi and is now ready to be matched up with your original passport. You must now send in your original passport by mail only (no in person submissions) to the Travisa Outsourcing office where you submitted your OCI application. It is strongly recommended to send in your passport by a track-able method such as FedEx or UPS.

Travisa
======
07/22/2011 9:26am PST OCI Card received by the Consulate from India. Once your original passport is received, it will be matched up with your OCI card and then sent back to Travisa Outsourcing

Here is the updated OCI timeline from the Travisa website - you will see this info when they update your case status after the OCI is recived from Delhi.

OCI Processing Time

OCI processing consists of 2 steps. The first step is applying for the OCI card. The second step is after the OCI card is approved, the original US passport is sent in to be matched up with the OCI card.

•40 days (or 50 if applying in the New York and Houston Jurisdictions) from the time the application is sent from Travisa Outsourcing to the Indian Embassy or Consulate until the time that your physical OCI card is received by the Embassy/Consulate from Delhi, India.
•Once the OCI card arrives at the Consulate, you will be required to send in your original passport. Once your original passport has been received by the Travisa outsourcing Office, processing will resume
•2 days for Travisa Outsourcing to receive and send the US passport to the Consulate for match up.

so finally oci mate it to us mission and travisa .. i m hopeing my email from travisa next week buz according to OCI New Delhi mine was sent july 11 so lets see ..

Travisa
======

OCI Processing Time

isn't it funny ? OCI GOT GRANTED IN WEEK FROM ACK DATE AND IT TOOK 16 DAYS TO COME BACK IN TO MISSION FROM SENT DATE

I too got the notification today from Travisa. Interestingly the india gov site passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp still shows 'documents received at SF' as NOT-RECEIVED.

Unfortunately I need to travel out of the country next week. So I can send it my pport only after I come back. Why don't we have same-day service to get this visa sticker :-(

What riles me is that if that apparently if you are non-naturalized US pport holder you can get same-day visa. So if you were an Indian Citizen you get worse service :-(

I too got the notification today from Travisa. Interestingly the india gov site passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp still shows 'documents received at SF' as NOT-RECEIVED.

Unfortunately I need to travel out of the country next week. So I can send it my pport only after I come back. Why don't we have same-day service to get this visa sticker :-(

What riles me is that if that apparently if you are non-naturalized US pport holder you can get same-day visa. So if you were an Indian Citizen you get worse service :-(

i still didn't get anything yet ....

ok, i got an OCI alert email on thu 7/21 afternoon. i sent in the passport by UPS on saturday monring and it reached them monday morning. the status updated immediately. hopefully in another week i shd be able to get it in hand.

Date/Time Action
06/10/2011 2:49pm PST Service order form completed online
06/15/2011 10:55am PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
06/16/2011 3:45pm PST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
06/20/2011 8:49am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
06/20/2011 8:53am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
06/20/2011 11:32am PST Documents received by Consulate
06/23/2011 2:00pm PST Pending approval of the Government of India
07/21/2011 2:02pm PST OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken.
07/25/2011 9:59am PST Additional documents have been received. It may take several days before further action is displayed.

My OCI was sent on 11th July from India, haven't received any updates after that. What about other people in this thread?

My OCI was sent on 11th July from India, haven't received any updates after that. What about other people in this thread?

same here OCI got Granted and mail on July 11 still haven't receive any update or notification.....

jas11 and sfbay - give 16-17 days after the date the OCI has been mailed from Delhi to reach the SFO consulate and for Travisa to send the received email to you. My OCI was sent on 7/6 according to Shetty and the Travisa email came on 7/22.

I sent the passports on Satuday by USPS express mail and the Travisa status changed this evening.

07/22/2011 9:26am PST OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken.
07/25/2011 5:52pm PST Passport prepared to go to Consulate

Last edited by a moderator:
Received notification from travisa today.

07/12/2011 Pending approval of the Government of India
07/26/2011 OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken.