OCI - San Francisco Tracker

s_ravindranath, my OCI was printed on May-13 and May-14, twice for some reason.

There is no pattern to predict how long it takes for the printing to happen. For some it has been 5 days after granted status and for some it has been 30 days or 40 days.(recent data)

In my opinion 2 weeks is too short a time to hope that the printing happens, and you will get the OCI in hand. There is a slim chance that you will be able to pull this off by writing to Mr Shetty in NIC, calling the consulate etc.., but the chances are very slim.

Your best bet is to do what sfo2blr did and what miyengar planned to do and apply for a visa. You can complete the OCI process once back.

Please read these threads/posts.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?213121-OCI-San-Francisco-Tracker&p=2305697#post2305697

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...India-While-OCI-Pending&p=2305731#post2305731

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?324461-Travel-to-India-While-OCI-Pending

The whole process sucks balls.

s_ravindranath: There is no linear or logical relation between date-granted and date-printed. miyengar's both sons have same date-granted - one oci is printed, dispatched and delivered and the other one is still pending (not printed).

What I would suggest is, you should fill out online visa application, print, sign, and stay ready. If your status changes within a few days then you might pickup your oci at travisa (takes about 5 days to get the packet from delhi to here) it will require a bit of pleading, travisa can call cgi and get your passport with oci from cgi office. In case it does not get printed, fax the withdrawal form to travisa, make an appointment for the next day. Visas applied before 11 AM are ready by the end of the day. On the fax, please mention that you want to apply for the visa and ask travisa to hold your passport there. If you do not, they might end up sending your passport in the prepaid envelope (if you have provided one).

@idk, I just saw that you're calling Mr. Morris my buddy. Ha! he's the one who gave me a hard time at renunciation. I would trade that idiot's life for mine if someone had a gun pointed on my head. Other than that, he's not of any help. Hopefully he will be retired in the next 30 years so I don't see him again.

@idk, I just saw that you're calling Mr. Morris my buddy. Ha! he's the one who gave me a hard time at renunciation. I would trade that idiot's life for mine if someone had a gun pointed on my head. Other than that, he's not of any help. Hopefully he will be retired in the next 30 years so I don't see him again.

I was only kidding when I wrote that! I should had put a :) next to that statement.

I am sure we can find 5 year old monkeys that can be trained and would do a better job than Mr Morris.

I was going through this forum a few weeks ago, and this guy was praising Mr. Aaron Morris. I don't know how and what he did to get the praise. As for me, he flat out said, my renunciation is not at the Travisa, even though I had shown him a picture of the order form that said my renunciation is ready to be picked up. Travisa ka bandar. Nalaik. The worst is, he's the only one at the renunciation/pio/oci counter. If we don't act like a kiss ***, then he gives us a hard time.

update

Date/Time Action
04/17/2011 10:21pm PST Service order form completed online
04/19/2011 4:25pm PST OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
04/19/2011 5:40pm PST Application assigned for processing
05/03/2011 11:59am PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
05/14/2011 11:06am PST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
05/16/2011 8:37am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
05/16/2011 5:36pm PST Documents received by Consulate

Photo/Signature Scanned On 17-MAY-2011
Registration Status Granted On 17-MAY-2011
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 10-JUN-2011

Thanks idk for your response to my query.

Travisa website says:
Your original passport has not yet been received. When your OCI card is received, you will be sent an alert email to mail in your US passport. If you have recently mailed in your original passport, please allow 2-4 business days for your status to be updated.

What is this about ? I had mailed all the passports of my entire family (along with the application) to these bozos more than a month back. Is this a mistake ? Does anyone else see this ? FWIW, my application status is as below:

05/01/2011 6:01pm PST Service order form completed online
05/03/2011 4:24pm PST OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
05/11/2011 3:21pm PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
05/18/2011 3:11pm PST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
05/23/2011 8:43am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
05/25/2011 10:22am PST Documents received by Consulate
05/26/2011 2:00pm PST Pending approval of the Government of India

--
Photo/Signature Scanned On 27-MAY-2011
Registration Status Granted On 27-MAY-2011
Documents Printed On 09-JUN-2011
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 13-JUN-2011

I am off to a vacation between Jun 27-Jul 08. Sounds like this is exactly when my passports will be ready. As per the instructions i have sent in a prepaid UPS envelope even though i opted to pick up my stuff in person. From idk's note, it appears I am totally screwed. Do i have to call UPS & ask them to hold on to my package until i get back ?

I'd appreciate if any of you can answer the below:

1) Do you guys have any luck getting responses to emails from Travisa ?
2) Does Travisa notify by email when the passport is ready for pickup in person ? At what point do you show up at Travisa office for pickup ?

Last edited by a moderator:
ditto here - This morning -
our original passport has not yet been received. When your OCI card is received, you will be sent an alert email to mail in your US passport. If you have recently mailed in your original passport, please allow 2-4 business days for your status to be updated.

My status is pending approval by GOI -

I am hoping the morons have something glitch on the site because of the passport rule change

Date/Time Action
04/19/2011 4:25pm PST OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
05/03/2011 11:59am PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
05/16/2011 8:37am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
05/16/2011 5:36pm PST Documents received by Consulate

Damn, my moms was granted on 12-MAY-2011 and the document still hasn't been printed....

Travisa website says:
Your original passport has not yet been received. When your OCI card is received, you will be sent an alert email to mail in your US passport. If you have recently mailed in your original passport, please allow 2-4 business days for your status to be updated.

What is this about ? I had mailed all the passports of my entire family (along with the application) to these bozos more than a month back. Is this a mistake ? Does anyone else see this ? FWIW, my application status is as below:

This is probably because of their/system stupidity. Starting Jun-15, passports need to be provided only after OCI has been approved. They may have changed the message in their system. You shouldn't worry about this message.

I'd appreciate if any of you can answer the below:

1) Do you guys have any luck getting responses to emails from Travisa ?
2) Does Travisa notify by email when the passport is ready for pickup in person ? At what point do you show up at Travisa office for pickup ?
[/I][/B]

Answer to 1: It's crap shoot. You would be lucky to get a response.
Answer to 2: Yes, you will get a notification, a standard notification.

In my case I received the notification on a Tue at 5:55 pm, I was there the next day at 4:00 PM to pick up but the envelope had been mailed out earlier that morning.

What might be worthwhile for you to do, is to make the trip to Travisa, get the UPS prepaid slip out from your file. That way they cannot mail it and have to hold it for you to pick up. Take a copy of your order form and a photo ID and explain that you are going on vacation and don't wan't it to be mailed out by mistake.

They might make you wait for a little while till they access your physical file and get the UPS prepaid label out, but will be worth the hassle and effort.

OK, from today, the new process of not taking the US passports is being followed. I went in to submit the documents and I did not give them a return envelop so that i can pick it up in person. lets see what comes of it. I will keep others informed on the steps i take regarding the passport.
06/10/2011 2:49pm PST Service order form completed online
06/15/2011 10:55am PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed

OK, from today, the new process of not taking the US passports is being followed. I went in to submit the documents and I did not give them a return envelop so that i can pick it up in person. lets see what comes of it. I will keep others informed on the steps i take regarding the passport.
06/10/2011 2:49pm PST Service order form completed online
06/15/2011 10:55am PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed

Hi Robocop104,
Did you also applied for the renunciation along with the OCI?
What about the fee, do we need separate checks for OCI and renunciation?
Any more details you can provide will be helpful.

Thanks
-gc_line

@gc_line I applied for renunciation with OCI yesterday.
One money order is acceptable and the total is $465, breakup renun-$175, consular-$278 and processing fee $12. If you apply together you pay $12 combined for both renun and oci.Follow the posts of the thread applying for oci+renunciation together started by @Jainsach where the very helpful forum members patiently answered all my questions:)
Good luck!

Hi Robocop104,
Did you also applied for the renunciation along with the OCI?
What about the fee, do we need separate checks for OCI and renunciation?
Any more details you can provide will be helpful.

Thanks
-gc_line

I applied for renunciation and OCI together.(three forms, order form, embassy application, renunciation form) I went to the bank and got one single cashiers check for 465$. I also paid them 4$ for some copies they had to make for me which they collected in cash. They were pretty helpful in general since the list of documents is long and something or the other might be wrong.

is there a problem with san fran OCI printing? My moms app was granted on 12-May-2011 but no update on printing

Finally they started to print SF again. My moms OCI card got printed 23-June-2011, granted date was 12-May-2011

JIT ....

Travisa Outsourcing has received your document back from Indian Consulate. We have verified .....

I was planning to start the process to withdraw my application tomorrow because there was no update since June 15 (where it was sent from India and not received yet at consulate).

Date/Time Action
05/19/2011 5:36pm PST Documents received by Consulate
06/23/2011 .................. Travisa Outsourcing has received your document back from Indian Consulate. We have verified ....

Documents Sent On 15-Jun-2011
Document Rcvd at San Francisco : NOT YET

Last edited by a moderator:
Some update on my status.

Travisa:
--------
04/04/2011 : Service order form completed online
04/18/2011 : OCI application mailed via UPS
04/20/2011 : OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing
04/29/2011 : Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
05/03/2011 : Documents prepared to go to Embassy
05/10/2011 : Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
05/10/2011 : Documents received by Consulate
05/13/2011 : Pending approval of the Government of India
06/21/2011 : Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly.
06/22/2011 : Passport mailed out. Please note that the tracking information may not be active for up to 1 business day.

06/23/2011 : Tracking info is not yet updated on the UPS site.

MHA:
------
Date Of Acknowledgment : 10-MAY-2011
Photo/Signature Scanned On : 11-MAY-2011
Registration Status Granted On : 12-MAY-2011
Documents Printing Status : PRINTED
Documents Printed On : 09-JUN-2011 (Updated on the same day)
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on : 13-JUN-2011 (Updated on the same day)
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO : 22-JUN-2011 (Updated on the evening of 21-Jun PST)

Did anyone see the problem where Travisa says it mailed out but the tracking info is not available even after one day?
I booked my tickets for early next week.
I hope I will get my passports before then.

I submitted OCI+Renunciation documents personally at the Travisa office today. Parked at the 5th St Garage and reached the office at 1:50pm. They let us in at 1:55pm and I was out by 2:05pm. There were 4 others already waiting in line for other services like visas. There are 2 counters for OCI+PIO. I had arranged all the documents and copies with photos in the exact order that the Travisa web site instructed us. The lady checked all the documents, returned additional copies of my naturalization certificate that I had attached for the renunciation, went thru all the remaining documents, scanned the order form, printed receipts and said it is currently taking from 4-8 weeks for the OCI to be issued. That's it and I was done.
Make sure you take 2 sets of documents in total - in other words make 2 sets of originals with photos, original signatures. On one set, write "I certify that this is a true copy of the original" and sign. Make 2 sets of documents for the renunciation also. Clearly separate the two sets, use stickies to indicate where each document is and make it easy for the person at the counter to examine.
Bottom line - once you get to the counter, if you have every document clearly aranged, you will be done in less than 5 mins.