OCI - San Francisco Tracker

OCI questions

Hello all,
My spouse became a US Citizen 2 weeks back on August 2011 and I would like to know if somebody can respond to the following information since requirements have changed now.

1. Are the 2 X 2 PASSPORT photos taken in Costco fine? Yes ofcourse!
2. Regarding 'Proof of Renunciation of Indian Citizenship':
a. I see that the fee is $175 from the image chart. Is this correct?
b. Should I write a check for $175 plus $12 service fee (Total $187) payable to 'Travisa Outsourcing'?
c. Should I pay the above fee of $187 in addition to the fee for 'New OCI Card (Adult)' which is a total of $290.00 (278 plus 12) ?
d. Can I pay all the above fee of $187 plus $290 in 1 Cashiers check? Or should it be two separate checks?
You only need to pay them through one cashier's check for everything. Also no need to worry about how much should be the fee, when you fill-up the forms online (start with OCI form), the order form will tell you in the end how much is the total fee. If I remember correctly from last month, it will be $465 per person (OCI + Renunciation)
3. I see that there is a $12 Service Fee for 'Passport Match-up with OCI at Consulate'. Is this a separate check that needs to be paid to 'Travisa Outsourcing' in addition to the above fees?
NO
Please let me know.

Thanks.

See my answers above in bold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mail-in US passport

Hi all - long-time lurker, first time poster.

I just got notice that my OCI was approved and I need to mail in my US passports (I was impressed with the speed with which this happened - from the day I submitted my application to the day I got my approval, it was about 13 days!!!!) My question is: I applied for my family (3 people including wife, daughter and myself) and received separate approval notices. The approval notice asks to stick a bar code to the front of the package containing the US passport - there are three of these bar codes (one per person). Do I need to send the passports separately or can I send them in a single package and just use one bar code on the top of the package?
Thanks in advance.

Hi all - long-time lurker, first time poster.

I just got notice that my OCI was approved and I need to mail in my US passports (I was impressed with the speed with which this happened - from the day I submitted my application to the day I got my approval, it was about 13 days!!!!) My question is: I applied for my family (3 people including wife, daughter and myself) and received separate approval notices. The approval notice asks to stick a bar code to the front of the package containing the US passport - there are three of these bar codes (one per person). Do I need to send the passports separately or can I send them in a single package and just use one bar code on the top of the package?
Thanks in advance.

Send All 3 in a single Fedex package. Also, you have to tape All 3 bar codes on the outside of fedex package.
I just did this last week.

-gc_line

Send All 3 in a single Fedex package. Also, you have to tape All 3 bar codes on the outside of fedex package.
I just did this last week.

-gc_line

Thanks gc_line. I guess you should change your name now :) (Assuming of course that gc_line is what I think it is)

gc_line,

Does the MHA website still say "Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO NOT YET" ?

Mine still says that but Travisa has already sent our passports to the consulate.

OCI - Photos and Address

Hello all,
I am in the process of filling the OCI Application for my spouse and have the following questions:

a. Do I have to stick 1 of the passport photos in Part A or should I just send both the photos ?
b. After I printed the 'Order form' i found that the Suite # in the Address is 320 on the page where it has the bar code. But the OCI instructions found in 'Location' displays Suite # as 110. Which Suite # is correct? Has anyone noticed this? Does this really make a difference?

Can somebody please respond?

OCI self-attest the copies question

Hello all,
I would like to know what are all the copies (or pages) that need to be self-attested? Do I need to self-attest each and every page that is sent to
Travisa Outsourcing?

Can somebody please respond? I know GC2NATZ and gc_line recently submitted their New OCI application.

Thanks in advance.

Done Deal!!!

08/16/2011 7:45am PST Service order form completed online
08/23/2011 9:13am PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
08/23/2011 9:44am PST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
08/25/2011 8:59am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
08/25/2011 5:15pm PST Documents received by Consulate
08/30/2011 2:00pm PST Pending approval of the Government of India
09/09/2011 7:21pm PST OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken.
09/12/2011 9:28am PST Mail package acknowledged at Outsourcing Office.
09/12/2011 4:05pm PST Passport prepared to go to Consulate
09/13/2011 8:48am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
09/13/2011 10:49am PST Documents received by Consulate
09/16/2011 3:04pm PST Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.
09/16/2011 5:48pm PST Passport picked up in person

Hi gc_line,
I see that you are online now. would you please respond to my question regarding photos, self-attest copies question etc?

Thanks,
Nathan

Hello all,
I would like to know what are all the copies (or pages) that need to be self-attested? Do I need to self-attest each and every page that is sent to
Travisa Outsourcing?

Can somebody please respond? I know GC2NATZ and gc_line recently submitted their New OCI application.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I did self-attested every page on the second set of papers. Basically you have to write "This is a true copy of the Original" and sign on each paper.
Atleast thats what I did for my case.

Thanks!!

Hello all,
I am in the process of filling the OCI Application for my spouse and have the following questions:

a. Do I have to stick 1 of the passport photos in Part A or should I just send both the photos ?
b. After I printed the 'Order form' i found that the Suite # in the Address is 320 on the page where it has the bar code. But the OCI instructions found in 'Location' displays Suite # as 110. Which Suite # is correct? Has anyone noticed this? Does this really make a difference?

Yes you have to stick one photo on Part A and send an additional photo with the package.
Not sure about the suite number since I did in person. However, as far as you address to 965 mission street it will reach correctly.

Thanks!

OCI-Proof of Renunciation of Indian Citizenship

Hello everyone,
For 'Proof of Renunciation of Indian Citizenship' do I have to send the Original of most recent Indian passport along with the OCI application?

Or, is it ok to just send the following:
a.) Two (2) copies of the Completed Renunciation form AND
b.) Copies of the first three pages and the last two pages of the most recent Indian passport.

The reason why i am asking is because my spouse's most recent Original passport does NOT have the 'Cancellation' stamp due to acquiring US Nationality.

Thanks in advance.

yes, you will need to send the original passport with the renunciation form. Atleast that is what I did.

Hello everyone,
For 'Proof of Renunciation of Indian Citizenship' do I have to send the Original of most recent Indian passport along with the OCI application?

Or, is it ok to just send the following:
a.) Two (2) copies of the Completed Renunciation form AND
b.) Copies of the first three pages and the last two pages of the most recent Indian passport.

The reason why i am asking is because my spouse's most recent Original passport does NOT have the 'Cancellation' stamp due to acquiring US Nationality.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks GC2NATZ

Thanks GC2NATZ. I am also going to send the Original most recent Indian passport of my spouse for the cancellation stamp. This will be sent along with the Renunciation form and other documents.

If you look at the original version of the renunciation form. It states that you will need to send the original Indian passport. They will then send you back the cancelled Indian passport, Renunciation certificate and if you applied for your OCI that too, all in one package.

Thanks GC2NATZ. I am also going to send the Original most recent Indian passport of my spouse for the cancellation stamp. This will be sent along with the Renunciation form and other documents.

Question about Sons OCI

I am going to apply for an OCI card for my 6 month old son and I already have an OCI card but my wife is an Indian Citizen still. What do I need to send to show proof for the OCI card for my son? Is a copy of my OCI card sufficient or do I need to also send my Parents OCI card photocopy as well? Also, I was born in the US and my parents were both born in India.

Last edited by a moderator:
OCI - close family members

Hello all,
For Part B, question #21, I wrote the answer as 'No close family members living in India'. Seems like this is wrong since my wife's parents and brothers still live in India. Is my answer OK or will this be a major issue?

I thought this question was related to the immediate family of the person applying for OCI like the OCI Applicants spouse and children.

Can someone please respond? GC2NATZ or gc_line or anybody else.