OCI - New York Tracker

Atlast Update on TRAVISA.

:)

09/16/2011 10:44am EST Mail package acknowledged at Outsourcing Office.

Hi Dec 2010, after several phone calls, and email complaints..they finally updated their website to PP recd. Don't know where the fault lay, but it's almost resolved for now. Good luck.

Update

Dec 2010..looks like our time frames are coincinding...Keep updating your status. I too will do the same...Should get it soon.

update

Hi Dec 2010, here's the update
9/19: 3:17PM: PP prepared to go to consulate
9/20: 8:32AM: Docs dispatched to Consulate.

What's your status?

Latest Update

Applied for OCI + renunciation together at NYC:
08/23/2011 : Mailed application and docs from NJ
08/24/2011 11:08am EST : OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing.
08/25/2011 9:50am EST Application assigned for processing
08/26/2011 9:48am EST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
08/30/2011 11:46am EST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
09/02/2011 8:22am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
09/02/2011 11:50am EST Documents received by Consulate
09/08/2011 2:00pm EST Pending approval of the Government of India

From MHA:
Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned On 06-SEP-2011
Registration Status at Mission : Granted On 06-SEP-2011
Documents Printing Status PRINTED On 07-SEP-2011
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On 09-SEP-2011
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI NOT YET
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI On 13-SEP-2011

TRAVISA UPDATES

09/16/2011 10:44am EST Mail package acknowledged at Outsourcing Office.
09/19/2011 3:30pm EST Passport prepared to go to Consulate
09/20/2011 8:32am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
09/20/2011 11:48am EST Documents received by Consulate

No updates whatsoever.. I think TRAVISA is slowed down again.. PP acknowledgement took so long for them to update.. guess should be the same with the receiving from the consulate. Hopefully next week atleast we see some update(s) from TRAVISA.

Lucky You!!! My status still shows received by the consulate

Good Congratulations.. no more worries now...

As far as my status goes, Its still the same..
No Update on my status.. its still the same.. received by the consulate..

Hello,
I applied for OCI for myself and my family (Husband, Wife and 2 kids). I sent the application on 10/18 and it got delivered on 10/19. Same day (10/19) they opened the application and processed the payment. So now its waiting to be sent to Consulate for processing.
I will post the status details as I get them.
Thanks.
Rajiv.

Hello,
I applied for OCI for myself and my family (Husband, Wife and 2 kids). I sent the application on 10/18 and it got delivered on 10/19. Same day (10/19) they opened the application and processed the payment. So now its waiting to be sent to Consulate for processing.
I will post the status details as I get them.
Thanks.
Rajiv.

Hi Rajiv

Please advise and clear me as following questions.

1) we (myself and wife) got Naturalization Certificates on 10/17/2011 @ Newark, NJ
2) Applied for passports + cards for all 4 of us (parents + 17 years kid + 12 years kid) through post office on 10/22/02011.
3) They took GCs of kids, said, we would not get back those .
4) Please share the procedure of N-600 and required documents, easy tips, and how much time it will take.
5) Is it N-600 approval needed for applying the OCI and PIO.
6) Sequence of N-600, OCI or PIO

In this case, I would greatly appreciate your help

Thanks in advance.

GOOD LUCK FOR ALL

-usinsuser99

Dear members.,

Please advise and clear me as following questions

1) I wish to apply the OCI card for (meself + wife + 17 years kid + 12 years kid)
2) How many OCI registration forms should I submit on line ? or if one family application enough , can i take prints outs 8 ?
3) How many Order forms should i submit ? If one submission enough , then I take 8 print outs ?
4) What about fee (total amount) $290 x 4 , can i take single money order , if diff please clear me how many money orders needed with payable to who ?
5) Should i send all required documents with duplicates through single envelop ?
6) Is it one prepaid envelop enough to send along with all documents ?
7) how to generate the shipping label ?
8) how to generate the PART - A and PART - B, how many part A forms needed & how many Part B forms needed ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

I would greatly appreciate it

-usinsuser99

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear members.,

Please advise and clear me as following questions

1) I wish to apply the OCI card for (meself + wife + 17 years kid + 12 years kid)
Definitely apply before your 17-year old turns 18 because otherwise, he/she will have to apply separately.

2) How many OCI registration forms should I submit on line ? or if one family application enough , can i take prints outs 8 ?

When you enter your family info and submit online, there will be a single PDF document (several pages) generated for your family of four. Make sure you save this PDF to your computer. This PDF will consist of four Part As (one for each of you) and one Part B (that covers all of you as a group). You will need to complete these four Part As (photos,signatures/thumb prints) and also the single Part B with common info. Then you need to make a second set of these four Part As and common Part B.

3) How many Order forms should i submit ? If one submission enough , then I take 8 print outs ?
I think you are referring to the Travisa order form right? Only one copy is needed (no need for a duplicate).

4) What about fee (total amount) $290 x 4 , can i take single money order , if diff please clear me how many money orders needed with payable to who ?

Make sure you get your Indian passports canceled and the surrender certificates issued for each of you who was a former Indian citizen/passport holder. You can submit the cancellation/surrender certificate application together with this OCI application but just make sure you include the necessary fees for this as well. Everything can be in a single money order for the total amount needed and you make it payable to "Travisa Outsourcing"

5) Should i send all required documents with duplicates through single envelop ?

Yes submit everything as one big submission in a single envelope

6) Is it one prepaid envelop enough to send along with all documents ?
Yes. I believe you will get your canceled Indian passports, surrrender certificates and new OCI cards back with your OCI-visa stamped US passports. So only one return envelope may be all that is needed. But I'm not positive and others can weigh in on this.

7) how to generate the shipping label ?
Open an FedEx or UPS account online. Link it to your credit card and then generate a "Return label" from your online account using the appropriate functionality. Print out this return label and include it with a FedEx or UPS envelope. Also make sure you submit another copy of the return label also with submission because they ask for this.

8) how to generate the PART - A and PART - B, how many part A forms needed & how many Part B forms needed ?
See my answer to your second question.

Definitely apply before your 17-year old turns 18 because otherwise, he/she will have to apply separately once he/she turns 18.

When you enter your family info and submit online, there will be a single PDF document (several pages) generated for your family of four. Make sure you save this PDF to your computer. This PDF will consist of four Part As (one for each of you) and one Part B (that covers all of you as a group). You will need to complete these four Part As (photos,signatures/thumb prints) and also the single Part B with common info. Then you need to make a second set of these four Part As and common Part B.

I think you are referring to the Travisa order form right? Only one copy is needed (no need for a duplicate).

Make sure you get your Indian passports canceled and the surrender certificates issued for each of you who was a former Indian citizen/passport holder. You can submit the cancellation/surrender certificate application together with this OCI application but just make sure you include the necessary fees for this as well. Everything can be in a single money order for the total amount needed and you make it payable to "Travisa Outsourcing"

Yes submit everything as one big submission in a single envelope

Yes. I believe you will get your canceled Indian passports, surrrender certificates and new OCI cards back with your OCI-visa stamped US passports. So only one return envelope may be all that is needed. But I'm not positive and others can weigh in on this.

Open an FedEx or UPS account online. Link it to your credit card and then generate a "Return label" from your online account using the appropriate functionality. Print out this return label and include it with a FedEx or UPS envelope. Also make sure you submit another copy of the return label also with submission because they ask for this.

See my answer to your second question.

Hi JP

Thanks you very for you help and time.

Still couple of information, If chance Travisa contact information.
Just clarification --> I can make 4 + 4 part A
1 + 1 Part B

Really appreciated it.

-usinsuser99

Hi JP

Thanks you very for you help and time.

Still couple of information, If chance Travisa contact information.
Just clarification --> I can make 4 + 4 part A
1 + 1 Part B

1. Check the Travisa OCI website for all contact and other info: Travisa OCI

2. Yes. Just remember that the PDF that is generated once you submit your online OCI info for your family of four, will create 4 Part As (one for each member) and one Part B (common for all) and there will be additional pages of instructions (which do not need to be submitted with your application). When this PDF (of four Part As, one Part B and other instructions) is generated and pops up on your screen, save it to your computer. Print out two copies of this entire PDF and fill out all necessary details, add photos, signature/thumbprints, etc. In the end, your first application set will consist of four Part As and one Part B. Similarly, you will need a duplicate application set of four Part As and one Part B to submit with your OCI package submission.

Hope this helps. Just read all the info in the Travisa website, I think they make it as clear as possible and also have a video of what to submit.

1. Check the Travisa OCI website for all contact and other info: Travisa OCI

2. Yes. Just remember that the PDF that is generated once you submit your online OCI info for your family of four, will create 4 Part As (one for each member) and one Part B (common for all) and there will be additional pages of instructions (which do not need to be submitted with your application). When this PDF (of four Part As, one Part B and other instructions) is generated and pops up on your screen, save it to your computer. Print out two copies of this entire PDF and fill out all necessary details, add photos, signature/thumbprints, etc. In the end, your first application set will consist of four Part As and one Part B. Similarly, you will need a duplicate application set of four Part As and one Part B to submit with your OCI package submission.

Hope this helps. Just read all the info in the Travisa website, I think they make it as clear as possible and also have a video of what to submit.

Hi JP.,

Thanks once again for your help.

-usinsuser99

Travisa submission of docs to CGI-NY

Submitted my son's OCI application to Travisa last week. They received it on Thurs 11/3, reviewed the submitted application/docs and cashed the check on the same day. The status has been at "Documents prepared to go to Embassy" since Fri 11/4. I'm wondering whether this is typical of Travisa to sit on things instead of just sending the docs to the CGI. I recognize that there were two holidays this week that the CGI was closed for. However, this delay is inexplicable because clearly the application and supporting docs are complete and all they need to do is send them over to the CGI. Anyone have a similar experience lately?

Submitted my son's OCI application to Travisa last week. They received it on Thurs 11/3, reviewed the submitted application/docs and cashed the check on the same day. The status has been at "Documents prepared to go to Embassy" since Fri 11/4. I'm wondering whether this is typical of Travisa to sit on things instead of just sending the docs to the CGI. I recognize that there were two holidays this week that the CGI was closed for. However, this delay is inexplicable because clearly the application and supporting docs are complete and all they need to do is send them over to the CGI. Anyone have a similar experience lately?

Yes, mine took 9 days to move from "Documents prepared to go to embassy" to the next status "Documents dispatched to embassy".

Yes, mine took 9 days to move from "Documents prepared to go to embassy" to the next status "Documents dispatched to embassy".

Thanks for letting me know. I just checked the Travisa status and now see that the docs were dispatched to the CGI-NY this morning. No email status update on this yet.