OCI - New York Tracker

OCI website maintenence

Hi Supan, this is annoying. I checked from my work on Friday evening, and it was working fine. Wanted to fill out the application on Sat..and now the stupid message. It's like they don't want anyone to apply. Cant even complain to anyone. What a waste.

Hi Supan, this is annoying. I checked from my work on Friday evening, and it was working fine. Wanted to fill out the application on Sat..and now the stupid message. It's like they don't want anyone to apply. Cant even complain to anyone. What a waste.

22nd is holiday for them, may be they will fix it tomorrow.

OCI mailed out, I will receive it tomorrow (I have a priority overnight shipping): WOOO HOOO it's a record.... 20 days for OCI with renunciation together....

Applied for OCI + renunciation together at NY:
08/03/2011 8:33am EST Service order form completed online
08/04/2011 12:20pm EST OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing.
08/04/2011 6:35pm EST Application assigned for processing
08/05/2011 10:21am EST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
08/05/2011 11:54am EST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
08/08/2011 8:33am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
08/08/2011 11:36am EST Documents received by Consulate
08/11/2011 2:00pm EST Pending approval of the Government of India

From MHA:
Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned On 09-AUG-2011
Registration Status at Mission : Granted On 10-AUG-2011
Documents Printing Status PRINTED On 10-AUG-2011
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On 11-AUG-2011
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI NOT YET
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI On 16-AUG-2011

08/16/2011 1:40pm EST OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken.
08/17/2011 10:36am EST Mail package acknowledged at Outsourcing Office.
08/18/2011 6:36pm EST Passport prepared to go to Consulate
08/18/2011 6:38pm EST Original US passport verified as received by Outsourcing Office for OCI match-up.
08/19/2011 8:41am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
08/19/2011 9:20am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
08/19/2011 11:17am EST Documents received by Consulate
08/22/2011 2:38pm EST Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.
08/22/2011 2:58pm EST Passport mailed out. Please note that the tracking information may not be active for up to 1 business day.

Congrats Supan, I can imagine the feeling. I got my wife's and mine done last Sept (without Travisa) and it wasn't a problem. I have to get my daughter's done now. She's just a month old (no hurry; but just want to finish this process). Good luck for the future

Congrats Supan. Travisa and CGI need to be commended for their excellent work. 20 days turnaround for SC + OCI is indeed a record. The process has been streamlined to a great extent now. Great job Travisa.

Congrats Supan. Travisa and CGI need to be commended for their excellent work. 20 days turnaround for SC + OCI is indeed a record. The process has been streamlined to a great extent now. Great job Travisa.

Just received all the 4 things (US passport with OCI stamp, OCI card, cancelled Indian passport and renunciation certificate) at 10.15 am. Amazing job by Travisa and CGI NY.
From my side I used overnight priority ($20) shipping each time so $60 total. I made sure all the documents twice. I included Fedex envelop and inserted shipping label in the envelop and also attached copy to the list of documents. I Was meticulous with the documents from my side too. I just had bit concern about photo, but no problem. I had taken them from Costco same as US passport.
I made sure all the documents are exactly as per list. Included the renunciation documents with a separate paper clip inside the big bunch of documents for OCI.
Let me know if anyone has quwstions. I will check the forum for couple of days.

stcroixman - you did not update your status? whats happening?

supan: My documents mailed out after yours. However, as I do not reside in one of the 48 contiguous lower states I do not have the luxury of mailing using FedEx or UPS as they consider it international shipping and charge an arm and a leg and even more. More than that their customer service here is not the same as that in mainland USA. Therefore, I depend upon USPS express which may take a day more for delivery. Will keep the forum posted.

supan: My documents mailed out after yours. However, as I do not reside in one of the 48 contiguous lower states I do not have the luxury of mailing using FedEx or UPS as they consider it international shipping and charge an arm and a leg and even more. More than that their customer service here is not the same as that in mainland USA. Therefore, I depend upon USPS express which may take a day more for delivery. Will keep the forum posted.

Congrats. Good luck with new OCI.

Prepaid airway bill

Hi Guys could you please tell what type of pre-paid envelope you'll used, and what was the amount on the pre-pay. Thanks in advance.

Applied for OCI + renunciation together at NYC:
08/23/2011 : Mailed application and docs from NJ
08/24/2011 11:08am EST : OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing.

Waiting for next updates :)

Now while traveling to India, do I need to carry all the 4 things?
1. US passport
2. OCI card
3. Cancelled Indian Passport
4. Renunciation certificate

If I don't carry 3 and 4, how will they know that I renounced my Indian citizenship?

Hi Supan, I travelled to India recently..They didn't even ask for the OCI card..But I carried all the above said docs including renun certificate. Didn't want to take a chance. Good luck

My OCI has been processed. Pleasantly surprised with the speed after the frustrating application process. :)

08/03/2011 3:13pm EST OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing.
08/04/2011 10:28am EST Application assigned for processing
08/04/2011 12:12pm EST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
08/04/2011 12:21pm EST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
08/05/2011 8:45am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
08/05/2011 11:40am EST Documents received by Consulate
08/10/2011 2:00pm EST Pending approval of the Government of India
08/16/2011 1:02pm EST OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken.
08/19/2011 10:06am EST Mail package acknowledged at Outsourcing Office.
08/22/2011 4:30pm EST Passport prepared to go to Consulate
08/23/2011 8:52am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
08/23/2011 12:14pm EST Documents received by Consulate
08/24/2011 3:03pm EST Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.
08/24/2011 3:07pm EST Passport mailed out. Please note that the tracking information may not be active for up to 1 business day.

Hi Guys, I still am confused about the pre-paid envelope. When does have to be sent. Along with the initial application/document copies or at the time of send the PP. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Prepaid return shipping envelope

Please see the checklist with Travisa order form.
14. Prepaid Return Shipping Envelope
You must provide a prepaid envelope along with your application so your documents can be returned to you once your application has been processed.
Hi Guys, I still am confused about the pre-paid envelope. When does have to be sent. Along with the initial application/document copies or at the time of send the PP. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

supan: I remember to have read somewhere in one of the official Govt of India documentation that either the SC or cancelled Indian passport is NOT required for traveling to India, and is only required for consular processing such as visa, POI, OCI etc. I am trying to locate the relevant documentation and will keep the forum posted. Moreover, SC is a prerequisite for applying for OCI and therefore, it is presumed you have cancelled your Indian passport and obtained SC. Was anyone in the forum asked for SC or cancelled Indian passport while traveling to India??
Now while traveling to India, do I need to carry all the 4 things?
1. US passport
2. OCI card
3. Cancelled Indian Passport
4. Renunciation certificate

If I don't carry 3 and 4, how will they know that I renounced my Indian citizenship?

Supan Congrats on your OCI card . Good luck.
One question for you, what was the back ground on your pictures? light color or white? i need to go to Costco to get these pics done and so i am just wondering if they do them with light color bcgrnd?

Just received all the 4 things (US passport with OCI stamp, OCI card, cancelled Indian passport and renunciation certificate) at 10.15 am. Amazing job by Travisa and CGI NY.
From my side I used overnight priority ($20) shipping each time so $60 total. I made sure all the documents twice. I included Fedex envelop and inserted shipping label in the envelop and also attached copy to the list of documents. I Was meticulous with the documents from my side too. I just had bit concern about photo, but no problem. I had taken them from Costco same as US passport.
I made sure all the documents are exactly as per list. Included the renunciation documents with a separate paper clip inside the big bunch of documents for OCI.
Let me know if anyone has quwstions. I will check the forum for couple of days.

stcroixman - you did not update your status? whats happening?

Supan Congrats on your OCI card . Good luck.
One question for you, what was the back ground on your pictures? light color or white? i need to go to Costco to get these pics done and so i am just wondering if they do them with light color bcgrnd?

Used white background.