OCI - New York Tracker

Couple of questions -
1) i got the US passport with 52 pages - which pages should i copy and send with OCI - Pages 49, 50 & 51 (these are the pages with endorsements?)
2) i got the MO for $930 (applying for self & wife) from USPS - question - do i write the travisa address? 4100 Westheimer road, Suite # 113, Houston, TX 77027? + do i also write the application ID in the Memo section?
3) While filling the form, I opted to collect the passport myself - can i chnage this option if i want to in future? Also, as i selected this option, do i still need to send the return envelope?
4) if i use fedex do i send the fedex envelope + the return shipping label? Do i stick the shipping label to the envelope or do i keep them separate?

Any quick reply on this will be a great help as i plan to send these tomorrow.

Thanks

Applied for OCI + renunciation together at NYC:
08/23/2011 : Mailed application and docs from NJ
08/24/2011 11:08am EST : OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing.
08/25/2011 9:50am EST Application assigned for processing
08/26/2011 9:48am EST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
08/30/2011 11:46am EST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
09/02/2011 8:22am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
09/02/2011 11:50am EST Documents received by Consulate
09/08/2011 2:00pm EST Pending approval of the Government of India

From MHA:
Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned On 06-SEP-2011
Registration Status at Mission : :D Granted On 06-SEP-2011
Documents Printing Status PRINTED On 07-SEP-2011
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On 09-SEP-2011
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI NOT YET

Pretty Fast then what was in the past :)

Great progress !!

Hey QQ, my current status shows as 09/08/2011 Documents received by Consulate. From this step onwards, how do i check my status on the MHA site - What do we key into get the status of our specific cases?

OCI Received at NYC..., Impressed with the speed..

Applied for OCI + renunciation together at NYC:
08/23/2011 : Mailed application and docs from NJ
08/24/2011 11:08am EST : OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing.
08/25/2011 9:50am EST Application assigned for processing
08/26/2011 9:48am EST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
08/30/2011 11:46am EST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
09/02/2011 8:22am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
09/02/2011 11:50am EST Documents received by Consulate
09/08/2011 2:00pm EST Pending approval of the Government of India

From MHA:
Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned On 06-SEP-2011
Registration Status at Mission : :D Granted On 06-SEP-2011
Documents Printing Status PRINTED On 07-SEP-2011
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On 09-SEP-2011
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI NOT YET
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI On 13-SEP-2011

Got Email from TRAVISA for Original US Passports

Enter your US or non Indian Passport number and the online regiistration number from the online application.. Its USANI9999999 for me.

Go to passport dot gov dot in / oci / OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp and then enter the above information.. you will see the progress of your OCI application there.

Great progress !!

Hey QQ, my current status shows as 09/08/2011 Documents received by Consulate. From this step onwards, how do i check my status on the MHA site - What do we key into get the status of our specific cases?

Enter your US or non Indian Passport number and the online regiistration number from the online application.. Its USANI9999999 for me.

Go to passport dot gov dot in / oci / OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp and then enter the above information.. you will see the progress of your OCI application there.

Thanks - I am able to see the status on MHA:

From MHA:
Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned On 09-SEP-2011
Registration Status at Mission : UnderProcess (today is already 14-Sep-2011 in India) - Is this a delay based on your progress? Or is this normal?

OCI update

Hi All, I had applied for my daughter's (minor - 1.5 month old) OCI card: (My wife and I had got our OCI last Dec directly thru CGINY). Here are the details
8/23/: Applied online
8/25/: Mailed application to NY-Travisa
8/26/: Application reached Travisa
9/1/: Application sent to CGINY consulate
9/1/: Application ack by CGINY (generated file#)
9/2/: Photo/FP scanned
9/3/: Registration granted
9/5/: Printed
9/7/: Dispatched from Delhi
9/9/: Reached NYCGI
(Pretty quick as compared to what I had to go thru..)
9/13/: Original PP reached Travisa (acc to FEDEX website) NO updates on Travisa's website. Says to wait 2-4 days before status is updated. Hope this is normal. Will update again.

TRAVISA looks like gone back to the old ways of TIME DELAYS....

Looks like TRAVISA is gone back to their old way of processing.. After the speed with which status got changed and documents moved, I was impressed with what I saw...

My passport(s) have also reached TRAVISA 2 days ago ( according to FedEX) but there is no Acknowledgement from TRAVISA. They are really not worried to update status of original documents sent to them.

I sent them an email yesterday and some rep replied back saying it takes atleast 7 days for any status change.. Worried now if the original passports were delivered at the right place since receivers are not worried to update even the receipt info.

Hi All, I had applied for my daughter's (minor - 1.5 month old) OCI card: (My wife and I had got our OCI last Dec directly thru CGINY). Here are the details
8/23/: Applied online
8/25/: Mailed application to NY-Travisa
8/26/: Application reached Travisa
9/1/: Application sent to CGINY consulate
9/1/: Application ack by CGINY (generated file#)
9/2/: Photo/FP scanned
9/3/: Registration granted
9/5/: Printed
9/7/: Dispatched from Delhi
9/9/: Reached NYCGI
(Pretty quick as compared to what I had to go thru..)
9/13/: Original PP reached Travisa (acc to FEDEX website) NO updates on Travisa's website. Says to wait 2-4 days before status is updated. Hope this is normal. Will update again.

Travisa Updates

Hey Dec 2010...Looks like your PP also reached on Tues (same day as mine). Keep the updates coming along. So far nothing on Travisa's website. Good luck..Hope they have not lost the PP

Travisa updates

Hi Dec 2010, any updates for your case. I too sent an email to them asking them to ack receipt of PP. They said it takes 7 Business days to match up. What nonsense is this..

Email from Travisa

Hi Dec 2010, any updates for your case. I too sent an email to them asking them to ack receipt of PP. They said it takes 7 Business days to match up. What nonsense is this..

I got an email today asking me to mail my PP to them. What's going on...

Travisa updates

Hi Dec 2010, I called the NY office..It went to the call center. They told me that the NY office is moving to the new location 11 East 47 street and that's why they are backlogged in opening mails and sending out updates. They said they'll be back for business on Monday. Let's see. Anyone who's the same boat please confirm.

For the query I asked - JUST TO ACK you say 7 days.. ur website says 2-4 days.. RESPONSE I GOT..

Good Morning,

Yes, it takes 7 business days to match up the documents you will receive a email once it is opened.

Howard

Travisa Outsourcing - NY
212-754-9900
212-754-9905-fax

:mad:
Hi Dec 2010, I called the NY office..It went to the call center. They told me that the NY office is moving to the new location 11 East 47 street and that's why they are backlogged in opening mails and sending out updates. They said they'll be back for business on Monday. Let's see. Anyone who's the same boat please confirm.

Updates

Good Morning,

Yes, it takes 7 business days to match up the documents you will receive a email once it is opened.

Howard

Travisa Outsourcing - NY
212-754-9900
212-754-9905-fax

:mad:

Hi Dec 2010, I got the same message (except for the "Afternoon" and "Yes")

Good Afternoon,

It takes 7 business days to open and match up your documents.

Howard

Travisa Outsourcing - NY
212-754-9900
212-754-9905-fax

Update

Hi Dec 2010, after several phone calls, and email complaints..they finally updated their website to PP recd. Don't know where the fault lay, but it's almost resolved for now. Good luck.