OCI - New York Tracker

Could people who applied in the last 2 months kindly post their status updates? Mine is

From Travisa
10/31/2011 OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing.
10/31/2011 Application assigned for processing
10/31/2011 Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
11/03/2011 Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
11/11/2011 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
11/14/2011 Documents received by Consulate
11/16/2011 Pending approval of the Government of India

From India govt website
Date Of Acknowledgment 11-NOV-2011
Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned On 14-NOV-2011
Registration Status at Mission : Granted On 16-NOV-2011
Documents Printing Status PRINTED On 16-NOV-2011
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI NOT YET

gcbayarea, I applied for my minor son's OCI and his is following a very similar trajectory as yours: OCI app reached Travisa 11/3, processed 11/3, sent to CGINY on 11/11, scanned photo 11/14, granted 11/15, printed 11/15. Now it is waiting to be dispatched from India back to NY.

Here is mine. I mailed my original US passport today. Let me see when I get it back.

10/31/2011 OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
10/31/2011 Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
11/03/2011 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
11/03/2011 Documents received by Consulate
11/08/2011 Pending approval of the Government of India
11/21/2011 OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken

Could people who applied in the last 2 months kindly post their status updates? Mine is

From Travisa
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI NOT YET

Here is mine. I mailed my original US passport today. Let me see when I get it back.

10/31/2011 OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
11/21/2011 OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken

Thanks. Could you also please post your status updates from the MOIA website? It looks like you and me applied around the same time initially, but yours is ahead of mine by a week now. My latest status update on the MOIA website says that it has been sent from Delhi but not yet received in NY.

THanks

Mailed in my US passport today; after receiving the email alert. How long does it typically take to receive the OCI/passport back in hand after this point? I need to go to India in december; but am not going to book the air ticket till I get the OCI in hand.

Thanks.

Normal processing time for OCI stamping in passport is 2 weeks.

Normal processing time for OCI stamping in passport is 2 weeks but YMMV.

Thanks. Could you also please post your status updates from the MOIA website? It looks like you and me applied around the same time initially, but yours is ahead of mine by a week now. My latest status update on the MOIA website says that it has been sent from Delhi but not yet received in NY.

THanks

I got my OCI, US passport, SC back on Friday 2nd Dec. All done. Finally.........

10/31/2011 EST OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
10/31/2011 EST Application assigned for processing
10/31/2011 EST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
10/31/2011 EST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
11/03/2011 EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
11/03/2011 EST Documents received by Consulate
11/08/2011 EST Pending approval of the Government of India
11/21/2011 EST OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken.
11/25/2011 EST Mail package acknowledged at Outsourcing Office.
11/25/2011 EST Passport prepared to go to Consulate
11/28/2011 EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
11/28/2011 EST Documents received by Consulate
11/29/2011 EST Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Waiting for mail courier pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.
11/29/2011 EST Passport mailed out. Please note that the tracking information may not be active for up to 1 business day.

I too got everything back today - US Passport with U visa, OCI booklet, cancelled indian passport, SC.

11/03/2011 Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
11/14/2011 Documents received by Consulate
11/16/2011 Pending approval of the Government of India

From India govt website
Date Of Acknowledgment 11-NOV-2011
Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned On 14-NOV-2011
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On 23-NOV-2011
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI On 28-NOV-2011

11/29/2011 OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken.
11/30/2011 Mail package acknowledged at Outsourcing Office.
12/01/2011 Passport prepared to go to Consulate
12/02/2011 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
12/02/2011 Documents received by Consulate
12/05/2011 Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Waiting for mail courier pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.
12/05/2011 Passport mailed out. Please note that the tracking information may not be active for up to 1 business day.

12/07/2011 Received documents in hand

Last edited by a moderator:
Timeline for son's OCI

My son's OCI journey is complete and I truly believe that Travisa makes a big positive difference to the whole process because you know exactly where things stand. When I had to deal directly with the CGI for my own OCI last year, it was chaotic and very stressful. So major kudos to Travisa.

Anyway, from start to finish, it took 35 days and here is the timeline:

Initial application submission to Travisa then to CGI-NY:

11/03/2011 OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing
11/03/2011 Application assigned for processing
11/03/2011 Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
11/04/2011 Documents prepared to go to Embassy
11/11/2011 Documents received by Consulate

CGI-NY to New Delhi and back:

11/11/2011 Date Of Acknowledgment
11/14/2011 Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned
11/15/2011 Registration Status at Mission : Granted
11/15/2011 Documents Printing Status PRINTED
11/22/2011 Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI
11/28/2011 Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI

Passport submitted to Travisa and received back with stamped visa and OCI booklet:

11/28/2011 OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India
12/01/2011 Mail package acknowledged at Outsourcing Office
12/02/2011 Passport prepared to go to Consulate
12/05/2011 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
12/05/2011 Documents received by Consulate
12/06/2011 Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly
12/06/2011 Passport mailed out
12/07/2011 Received passport with visa and OCI booklet

Last edited by a moderator:
# OCI - New York Tracker

Dear members.

Iam planning to apply to get the OCI cards for (me + wife + 17 years kid + 12 years kid)

Please clear me as follows , if Iam wrong correct me

1) Only one family OCI application form (4 #s part As + 1# part B for all)
2) Only one order form for all 4 members
3) Only one money order for $1860.00 (290 x 4 + 175 x 4) payable "Travisa Outsourcing"

4) copy the step 1 and step 2 documents for 2nd set

5) can i get the return label by FedEx or UPS office @ same time while sending the documents through those office

But not clear what is the value of return lable ??
6) Can i send the return envelop along with the return label, should i attach the return label on top the return evelope ?

If there is any interesting please share with me.

I would greatly appreciate for your help.

Good luck for all members who ever waiting for their cases .

Regards.,
usinsuser99

Hi supan.,

Congratulations for got the your OCI cards.

Iam planning to apply to get the OCI cards for (me + wife + 17 years kid + 12 years kid)

Please clear me as follows , if Iam wrong correct me

1) Only one family OCI application form (4 #s part As + 1# part B for all)
2) Only one order form for all 4 members
3) Only one money order for $1860.00 (290 x 4 + 175 x 4) payable "Travisa Outsourcing"

4) copy the step 1 and step 2 documents for 2nd set

5) can i get the return label by FedEx or UPS office @ same time while sending the documents through those office

But not clear what is the value of return lable ??
6) Can i send the return envelop along with the return label, should i attach the return label on top the return evelope ?

If there is any interesting please share with me.

I would greatly appreciate for your help.

Good luck for all members who ever waiting for their cases .

Regards.,
usinsuser99

Just received all the 4 things (US passport with OCI stamp, OCI card, cancelled Indian passport and renunciation certificate) at 10.15 am. Amazing job by Travisa and CGI NY.
From my side I used overnight priority ($20) shipping each time so $60 total. I made sure all the documents twice. I included Fedex envelop and inserted shipping label in the envelop and also attached copy to the list of documents. I Was meticulous with the documents from my side too. I just had bit concern about photo, but no problem. I had taken them from Costco same as US passport.
I made sure all the documents are exactly as per list. Included the renunciation documents with a separate paper clip inside the big bunch of documents for OCI.
Let me know if anyone has quwstions. I will check the forum for couple of days.

stcroixman - you did not update your status? whats happening?

Dear members.,

Iam planning applying for the OCI cards.

I got few questions

1) How to get the contact information for Travisa NY.
2) please explain different options of prepaid envelops procedures.

Thanks in advance.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

- usinsuser99

Dear members.,

May be tomorrow, Iam going to send the OCI papers to travisaoutsourcing office.
While filling the part A and part B, I have to produce the document for kids citizen ship proof with notary signature.

I got couple of questions as follows

1) Iam not sure how to prepare that document (kids citizenship proof, but they have us passport), any body has that experience please guide with sample document.
2) Should i produce 4 Renunciation Forms (one myself + one my wife + one 17 kid + one 12 kid) ?

Please help me out

Thanks in advance.,

-usinsuser99

cafeconleche,
Did Consulate processed your renounciation application ?

In my renounciation application after not seeing any update for 5 weeks , last week on Thursday I applied for the tourist visa in person at Travisa NY and attached the status print out of my renounciation application from Travisa Website. I did the same for my wife also. Friday I got the email update that my renounciation application has been processed and later in the day I got the email from Travisa that my indian passport has been sent back to me. Then in the evening I got the email from Travisa that my visa has been processed and I can come and pick my passport. Yesterday evening I went to Travisa and picked up mine and my wife passport. I just applied for the 10 year tourist visa . I dont think I want to deal with Travisa/consulate any time soon. I am going for wait for OCI may be apply next year.

Hi Rajiv.,

I got couple of questions while submitting the OCI forms.

1) I was truck @ In case 17 girls kid and 12 years boy kid -> A Notarized written statement signed by both parents is required stating the circumstances that their child received his/her naturalization status and why the child does not posses his/her own certificate.

Can please provide sample document. but my kids got US passport not their own naturalization certificate.

2) should i submit 4 Renunciation forms (one for me + my wife + 17 girl kid + 12 boy kid) ?

Please help me out

Good luck all members.

Thanks in advance

usinsuser99

what I find funny in the requirements is this message under the Naturalization Certificate category:

If you are a former Indian national, a copy of your Naturalization Certificate is required. If a minor gained naturalization through his/her parents and possesses no separate naturalization certificate then a notarized written statement signed by both parents is required stating the circumstances that their child received his/her naturalization status and why the child does not possess his/her own certificate.

Finally, they changed the website and updated it. But the funny thing is why do they need a reason for a child not having his/her OWN naturalization certificate. From what I gather, it costs about $600.00 extra for N-400, which is why most parents avoid getting one. A valid US passport alone is a good proof of US citizenship. You only need one parent's Naturalization certificate in order to get a child his/her citizenship. But these idiots require both parents written explanation and that too notarized as if US Government issued a fake govt document to the child/parents.

Hi speakamericano.,

Please advise as follows.

I got couple of questions while submitting the OCI forms.

1) I was struck @ In case 17 girls kid and 12 years boy kid -> A Notarized written statement signed by both parents is required stating the circumstances that their child received his/her naturalization status and why the child does not posses his/her own certificate.

Can please provide sample document. but my kids got US passport not their own naturalization certificate. What i can written reason ...?

2) should i submit 4 Renunciation forms (one for me + my wife + 17 girl kid + 12 boy kid) ?

Please help me out

Good luck all members.

Thanks in advance

usinsuser99

Why this low activity

Why is there no posting on this forum recently. Has anything changed with OCI card process etc . Am I missing something ?

Thx

Why is there no posting on this forum recently. Has anything changed with OCI card process etc . Am I missing something ?

Thx

I spoken , Travisaoutsourcing team this Monday , regarding one question.

They cleared me .

Iam not sure !

If you have any updates, please let me know.

-usinsuser99

Anyone stuck in CG NY?

My application was ack 3.31, scanned 04/02 and is still underprocess. From past records, it seems that OCI was granted pretty much immediately (in a day or two).

Anyone with me in this boat?

My application was ack 3.31, scanned 04/02 and is still underprocess. From past records, it seems that OCI was granted pretty much immediately (in a day or two).

Anyone with me in this boat?

Hi pikachu;

Please advise and clear me how i get the continuation status.

https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com/oci/track-status

Date/Time Action
01/28/2012 11:39pm EST Service order form completed online
03/27/2012 10:08am EST OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application
status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
03/30/2012 9:28am EST Application assigned for processing
03/30/2012 2:24pm EST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
04/05/2012 8:55am EST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
04/10/2012 8:31am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
04/10/2012 4:26pm EST Documents received by Consulate

Where I can see the next status in which site , please give the url .. and which inputs I have to put in that url ..

Please comment on that my process, I have to do any thing ... OR simply silent..

Any inputs from any body, I would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks.,
usinsuser99

You go here

Hi pikachu;

Please advise and clear me how i get the continuation status.

Date/Time Action
01/28/2012 11:39pm EST Service order form completed online
03/27/2012 10:08am EST OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application
status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
03/30/2012 9:28am EST Application assigned for processing
03/30/2012 2:24pm EST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
04/05/2012 8:55am EST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
04/10/2012 8:31am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
04/10/2012 4:26pm EST Documents received by Consulate

Where I can see the next status in which site , please give the url .. and which inputs I have to put in that url ..

Please comment on that my process, I have to do any thing ... OR simply silent..

Any inputs from any body, I would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks.,
usinsuser99

Hi.. Go https passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp and you can put in the input. If you don't know the numbers, you can look up via your passport number and bday from the top left link on the page. (sorry about the badly formatted url, but I couldn't post a url here)

Please post your status here. This thread has been dead and I'm getting a little anxious since I have travel plans coming up early June.

Thanks,