OCI - New York Tracker

OCI timelime

Date of acknowledgment of OCI application: 03/15/10
Photo/Signature Scanned on: 03/20/10
Documents Printed on: 04/05/2010
Documents dispatched to CGNY office on: 04/08/2010
Documents Received at CGNY office on: 04/20/2010.

I have waited 10 days after the documents dispatched status changed and contacted NY office via e-mail. Today, the Documents received status changed from "NOT YET" to 04/20/2010.

I am planning to go to NY office in person to collect the OCI documents for myself and my family members. I will post my experience at that time.

Date of acknowledgment of OCI application: 03/15/10
Photo/Signature Scanned on: 03/20/10
Documents Printed on: 04/05/2010
Documents dispatched to CGNY office on: 04/08/2010
Documents Received at CGNY office on: 04/20/2010.

I have waited 10 days after the documents dispatched status changed and contacted NY office via e-mail. Today, the Documents received status changed from "NOT YET" to 04/20/2010.
---Do you mean from 04/08/2010 you waited 10 days and status was not changed to"Documents Recieved at CGNY" in 10 days from 04/08/2010 and then you sent email to NYC and then they updated the status? Please post if you sent Email to Puspa Kumar or Mr Bajaj or let others know the email ID of NYC

I am planning to go to NY office in person to collect the OCI documents for myself and my family members. I will post my experience at that time.
-----Please post the morning time you are in line at NYC when you go for documents:
and what time you reach Window :
and what time you collected OCI documents:
it will help others.

Good Luck!!!

Once the "documents dispatched to CGNY office" status changed to 04/08/2010, I've started checking the status periodically online. However, after having seen "Documents Received at CGNY office" status remained unchanged ("NOT YET"), I've sent an e-mail to Pushpa Kumar(vcoci@indiacgny.org) and copied hoc@indiacgny.org and cg@indiacgny.org. I sent this e-mail on 04/18/2010. Hence, I waited 10 days (counted weekends too!) as per the scrolling text advisory on the online status check.

Mrs. Kumar has replied to me back on 04/19/2010 stating that the status would change within two days. However, the status changed within a day, i.e. today(04/20/10).

I appreciated CGNY office's prompt correspondence on this matter.

Is this the right URL to check status?
https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp
------That is correct link. check after 15-20 days at consulate takes time to open the packet then they have to Acknowledge.
I did not find anything that will email me the status.
-----NYC will not email the status to you.

I had mailed OCI app on 04/16/10. As ginnu told, no update on the website yet. But today I received the following email from Commerce CGINY:
We acknowledge receipt of your OCI application. It is under scrutiny. We will get back to you in case any deficiencies are noticed.

The word scrutiny is scaring. I guess this is the acknowledgment :)

I had mailed OCI app on 04/16/10. As ginnu told, no update on the website yet. But today I received the following email from Commerce CGINY:

The word scrutiny is scaring. I guess this is the acknowledgment :)

Indian consulate NYC generally doesn’t send Email that they have received your OCI application. May be you are lucky or they may have started it again (in past when OCI was started they were sending email and acknowledgement number by Email. I have not read in last 5-6 months that they got email that NYC received your OCI application.
If one sends email to Mrs. Pushpa Kumar then she replies “we are scrutinizing applications and your application will be acknowledged in 15 days” but many OCI applications received by NYC are still not acknowledged in 15 days and some are acknowledged in 15-20 days and few got acknowledged after 30 days. They are not consistent and no prediction can be made. If the email you got does not have acknowledgement number then it is NOT acknowledged. You must go to OCI Status page and write your online registration number and if that shows acknowledged on date… then your application is acknowledged.
Scrutiny simply means they are going to check the fees and the info on form, photographs and Copy of Indian passport, Proof of USA residency (DL or Utility bill copy) and copy of US passport. Clerk opens the packet and then checks the documents and they have Checklist and ticks if everything is attached and then somebody acknowledge it and later they scan

What are the different stages of the Registration process. Mine currently says "Under Process". What does this change to?

What are the different stages of the Registration process. Mine currently says "Under Process". What does this change to?
As your OCI application is acknowledged it means they have opened the packet and have seen the papers and nothing is needed from your side. Next step will be Photo/Signature Scanned. You can see the steps reading this thread who got OCI or go to OCI Status check and read the steps.

status changed to docs received.. -- urgent question..

Yesterday, my file status has changed to docs received. As my friend is travelling to NYC tomorrow, would it be possible for him to submit and pick my family passports. If so, what is required? Do I need to write any auth letter?

Status has changed to printed today. How long does it take to get NYC from printing? Should I send the passports after documents received here or should I send now?

Date Of Acknowledgment On 16-MAR-2010
Registration Status Granted On 02-APR-2010
Photo/Signature Scanned On 24-MAR-2010
Documents Printing Status PRINTED On 05-APR-2010

Friends,

Does anyone see any activity for OCI Apps in CGI NY lately? I only see applications being acknowledged. There are as many as 2100 applications acknowledged after my File Number. And I see at least a couple hundred files before my file number with status (photo scanned)? How long does it take for the next step after photo/signature scanned?
I am loosing my patience.

OCI app. mailed: 03/08/2010
App recvd at NY: 03/09/2010
App acknowledged: 04/01/2010
Photo scanned: 04/15/2010

Yesterday, my file status has changed to docs received. As my friend is travelling to NYC tomorrow, would it be possible for him to submit and pick my family passports. If so, what is required? Do I need to write any auth letter?
Send the authority letter+ online OCI printout out+ Indian passport +US passport. he can collect your documents.

you should update your OCI in steps so that others can make guess:
OCI application Sent:
Application recieved by Consulate:

Documents sent from Delhi:
Documents recieved NYC:

As your OCI application is acknowledged it means they have opened the packet and have seen the papers and nothing is needed from your side. Next step will be Photo/Signature Scanned. You can see the steps reading this thread who got OCI or go to OCI Status check and read the steps.

My question was that I dont know what the status "Under Process" means. Does it mean it has already passed the "acknowledged"/"photo scanned" stages and in the next stage. Afraid, I skipped checking for a few days and just saw "Under Process" and missed seeing the ones I am seeing in other peoples statuses or they are still to come in my case. I was asking for the sequence of status changes to gauge where in the process I am.

My question was that I dont know what the status "Under Process" means. Does it mean it has already passed the "acknowledged"/"photo scanned" stages and in the next stage. Afraid, I skipped checking for a few days and just saw "Under Process" and missed seeing the ones I am seeing in other peoples statuses or they are still to come in my case. I was asking for the sequence of status changes to gauge where in the process I am.

vip1r:
I think "under process" at your stage means they are yet to scan the photo and signature. If it was already done then you would have seen "scanned photo/signature" under "Registration Status: under process".

First step is acknowledged (it will also show under process)
Second step is: Scanned (it will also show under process)
Third step is: Granted (when Granted you will not see under process)

OCI dispatched from Delhi on Apr 19th. Waiting for arrival in NY. Iw ill go personally and get the OCI.

Friends,

Does anyone see any activity for OCI Apps in CGI NY lately? I only see applications being acknowledged. There are as many as 2100 applications acknowledged after my File Number. And I see at least a couple hundred files before my file number with status (photo scanned)? How long does it take for the next step after photo/signature scanned?
I am loosing my patience.

OCI app. mailed: 03/08/2010
App recvd at NY: 03/09/2010
App acknowledged: 04/01/2010
Photo scanned: 04/15/2010

I only see applications being acknowledged. There are as many as 2100 applications acknowledged after my File Number. And I see at least a couple hundred files before my file number with status (photo scanned)?
Just curious ... how did you come up with these numbers? Are you entering file numbers at random on the web page, or is there some elegant way to do so?

Thanks.

Thanks.
Send the authority letter+ online OCI printout out+ Indian passport +US passport. he can collect your documents.

you should update your OCI in steps so that others can make guess:
OCI application Sent:
Application recieved by Consulate:

Documents sent from Delhi:
Documents recieved NYC:

OCI dispatched from Delhi on Apr 19th. Waiting for arrival in NY. Iw ill go personally and get the OCI.

Thanks for the update, browkenarrow. I have a India trip (leaving on 5/24/10) so just feeling nervous with the thing going so slowly...
With my photo/signature scan date 04/15...I think I am looking at another week for application granted and two weeks after that for the Documents to reach NY-CGI.

Just curious ... how did you come up with these numbers? Are you entering file numbers at random on the web page, or is there some elegant way to do so?

pb74: just out of curiousity I look at the first file number (acknowledged) in the morning and end-of-day I check for the last number. so after my app was acknowledged there were on an average 125 apps acknowledged each day (except holidays).