OCI - New York Tracker

Did anyone notice that the last processed file no USN00590X10 hasn't change for a week now? Does anyone know if they work on bunch of applications and finish it before they take up the next batch of applicaitons as against working like assembly line?

Oci @ nyc

Hello All

I work in city and would like to know if I can hand deliver OCI application to NY Indian consulate?

Thanks
Mike

I don't think so. My friend is just 2 blocks away from the Consulate, but he had to walk 8 block to mail the application to the consulate which is 2 blocks away.

Documents dispatched from Delhi on 29 Mar but not received at CGNY yet! I'm starting to get a bit concerned. It has gone ok upto this point and hopefully doesn't get messed up in this last stage. Guys, any ideas how long it normally takes for this part of the process? Would appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Documents dispatched from Delhi on 29 Mar but not received at CGNY yet! I'm starting to get a bit concerned. It has gone ok upto this point and hopefully doesn't get messed up in this last stage. Guys, any ideas how long it normally takes for this part of the process? Would appreciate your comments. Thanks.

wait 2-3 days for the update.

oci-april application

Any April OCI applications?
OCI application mailed to NY- APR 3
cgny received- Apr 5
Acknowledgement- ???

Very Slow

Unfortunately my OCI process is not a smooth ride so far
Mine got acknowledged on March 29th and changed to Scanned only on April 13th
and not sure why this delay? not to mention that I got acknowledged only after 3 weeks of initial apply

Same here. Acknowledged on March 19th and scanned on April 1st. After that nothing so far.

I know there will be so many worse than mine but compared to you and Bostoncool I feel my process is slower.

OCI App. mailed: 03/08/10
Rcvd @ NY CGI: 03/09/10
Acknowledged: 04/01/10

I do not see anything after that. In fact that last file number I saw processed was USAN00590X10 on 04/01/2010. And the number (X+1) is still underprocess since 04/01/2010 until today.
Where as USAN00590X10 which was acknowledged on 03/31/2010 was granted, printed and dispatched on 04/06/2010.
I don't understand; the process/logic simply beats me. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Received at CGNY

Was frustrated with the delay in the last phase and emailed CGNY (copied the Consul General) yesterday and found out this morning that the status has changed to received! :)

My timeline:

US Citizen: 21 Aug 09
OCI Mailed: 16 Feb 10 (priority)
Received: 18 Feb 10
Ack: 10 Mar 10
Scanned: 12 Mar 10
Granted: 24 Mar 10
Printed: 25 Mar 10
Dispatched: 29 Mar 10
Received CGNY: 13 Apr 10

I'll be in NYC sometime soon and am planning to go to the consulate and get the documents from there. Thanks all of you guys for your inputs and a special thanks to ginnu for timely and knowledgeable answers.

I have noted something is wrong is with Indian consulate NYC from last 3-4 months related to OCI. One does not get any update after the file reach them and they take around 30 or more days just to acknowledge. After they acknowledge they take 15-25 days just for the next step. Delhi is NOT slow it is NYC that is slow. As I requested in past all should write to below Emails and should Request them what is causing the delay for OCI. Many files were sent back because of not including Copy of Proof of US residency and at that time in Jan/Feb they did not update on site that one should attach Copy of Utility bills. Don’t depend on others everybody who is facing delay must write emails to them and share in this thread what reply they are giving. FYI many files they received in Feb and March are still pending and not acknowledged or not scanned, Granted and even if they acknowledged they are taking many days for the next steps. Delhi is NOT slow something is wrong with NYC.
Write the Email to them:
1) Pushpa Kumar
Vice Consul
Email:vcoci@indiacgny.org

2) Mr. P.K. Bajaj
Consul (OCI) & Head of Chancery):

Email:hoc@indiacgny.org

3) Consulate email:cg@indiacgny.org

April 14 Wednesday they are Closed (Birthday of Dr.B.R. Ambedkar)

Jeez and what a unpleasant sight to see that many of us facing the same issue -

I did send a professional email to Pushpa (after 3 times mind it) and got a standard response back
it takes anywhere between 3-4 weeks to process it

Meanwhile I applied Vistor Visa for my wife for her next week trip to India and that took only 5 days

I 'am more upset because of lack of information from them

Jeez and what a unpleasant sight to see that many of us facing the same issue -

I did send a professional email to Pushpa (after 3 times mind it) and got a standard response back
it takes anywhere between 3-4 weeks to process it

Meanwhile I applied Vistor Visa for my wife for her next week trip to India and that took only 5 days

I 'am more upset because of lack of information from them
--- You Must write Email to Mr. P.K. Bajaj ( His full name is: Pramodh Kumar Bajaj)
Consul (OCI) & Head of Chancery):

Email:hoc@indiacgny.org
----------------

Photo size & background

Guys

I have a quick question about the size and background of passport picture

At one place its says non white background and in photo requirement doc says white background.

No. 12 says "an original 2 inch x 2 inch size color photo (light color background, not white background)"
Link -> http://www.indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=174

No. 13 Additional information about photographs (link to pdf file) says "The background should be a plain
white or off-white"
Link -> http://www.indiacgny.org/UserFiles/Photospecifications for OCI_applications.pdf

I would appreciate if you can help me out here.

Guys

I have a quick question about the size and background of passport picture

At one place its says non white background and in photo requirement doc says white background.

No. 12 says "an original 2 inch x 2 inch size color photo (light color background, not white background)"
Link -> http://www.indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=174

No. 13 Additional information about photographs (link to pdf file) says "The background should be a plain
white or off-white"
Link -> http://www.indiacgny.org/UserFiles/Photospecifications for OCI_applications.pdf

I would appreciate if you can help me out here.

Send 2x2 US passport style photographs .They accept 2x2 with white background or with light color background.

Acknowledgements

Hi,

Any april acknowledgements yet? How long does it take..

OCI application recived at CGINY- 4/5/10

Arjun

Hi,

Any april acknowledgements yet? How long does it take..

OCI application recived at CGINY- 4/5/10
--- may take 20-25 days from 4/5/10
Arjun
--------- Two days back they Acknowledged an application that was recieved by consulate on March 1.They are not consistent and it is not easy to make a guess with NYC consulate when they acknowledge or when they scan.