OCI - Houston Tracker

Can someone answer my question.

For stamping U visa and recieving OCIBooklet
all I need to send is
1. Status printout of oci received at houston
2. Original US passport
3. In my case, I am PIO holder (my spouse is not), I need to submit original PIO booklet.

Anything else that I need to send to houston?

I already paid back in Aug-2010, $20 towards mailing.

Do we need to send copies or originals of Cancelled original Indian passports?

My spouse has a renunciation certificate, do we need to send that as well?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Dori,

Thanks,
Can you please let me know what we need to mail to Houston after the OCI is recieved at houston?

I will be mailing my +spouse passports, as I live quite a distance from houston.

Dori,

Thanks,
Can you please let me know what we need to mail to Houston after the OCI is recieved at houston?

I will be mailing my +spouse passports, as I live quite a distance from houston.

OCIJungle,

Check the bellow link and read item# 7. Eventhough it was a old post it has some relevant info. I am planning to send US passports and screenshots of Online OCI Enquiry form.

Application Received Date: 27-AUG-2010
Date of Acknowledgement: 29-SEP-2010
Photo/Signature Scanned : 29-SEP-2010
Registration Status Granted: 31-MAR-2011
Documents Printing Status: PRINTED
Documents Printed On: 14-APR-2011
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: 25-APR-2011
Documents Received at HOUSTON: NOT YET

Can someone answer my question.

For stamping U visa and recieving OCIBooklet
all I need to send is
1. Status printout of oci received at houston
2. Original US passport
3. In my case, I am PIO holder (my spouse is not), I need to submit original PIO booklet.

Anything else that I need to send to houston?

I already paid back in Aug-2010, $20 towards mailing.

Do we need to send copies or originals of Cancelled original Indian passports?

My spouse has a renunciation certificate, do we need to send that as well?

thanks

OCIJungle,

Recently my wife's and my son's OCI has been approved. My wife has cancelled Indian passport and my son is PIO card holder. And we received the following email from CGI Houston. Hopefully this will help you.

Sir/Madam,
Please refer to your application for Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI).
We are happy to inform you that your application for OCI and ‘U’ Visa has been approved and the OCI Card/s with the U Visa/s has/hav e been received by us from India.
You are requested to send your original US passport for stamping the “U” Visa and the Indian Passport(where applicable) for verification by mail. Though the Indian passport is cancelled we need to verify it, so please do enclose it. In case you are a PIO card holder, pls send your PIO card for cancellation.
In case you have not already paid the return fee, please send a Cashier’s cheque or a money order for $ 20/- payable to “Consulate General of India, Houston” to return your Passport and OCI Card by express mail.
In case you want to come and collect the OCI cards in person, pls give your passports at the counter between 9am and 12:30pm and collect then between 4pm and 5pm.

Pls. mail the documents to the address given below, " Attention: OCI "

Thanks,

Consulate General Of India Houston
1990 Post Oak Boulevard, Suite #600
Houston, TX - 77056
Telephone 713-626-2148, 713-626-2149
Fax: 713-626-2450, 713-627-2034, 713-993-9347

Timeline:
Application Mailed Date: 08-23-2010
Date of Acknowledgement: 24-SEP-2010
Photo/Signature Scanned : 24-SEP-2010
Registration Status Granted: 28-MAR-2011
Documents Printed On: 04-APR-2011
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on : 13-APR-201
Documents Received at HOUSTON On: 16-APR-2011
Passports Mailed Date: 04/27/2011

OCIJungle,

Check the bellow link and read item# 7. Eventhough it was a old post it has some relevant info. I am planning to send US passports and screenshots of Online OCI Enquiry form.

. . .

What link were you referring to?

I am looking at the time lines of you guys. Over eight months to get this bit of work done! In this day and age, this is absolutely disgusting. I commend you all for waiting on this so patiently.

I am hoping to get my US passport in another month so so. I don't think I will apply for the OCI, and just get a 10-year visa, unless I see Travisa has begun to make a difference by then.

No one is posting timelines with travisa experience

I dont see any one posting the timelines with travisa experience. It seems they may be desisting to post the experience because they may be way ahead of filers who submitted in 2010

Dori,

Thanks,

Sorry. I missed to paste the link.

:)

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...and-other-info-to-help-prepare-an-OCI-package

OCIJungle,

Recently my wife's and my son's OCI has been approved. My wife has cancelled Indian passport and my son is PIO card holder. And we received the following email from CGI Houston. Hopefully this will help you.

Sir/Madam,
Please refer to your application for Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI).
We are happy to inform you that your application for OCI and ‘U’ Visa has been approved and the OCI Card/s with the U Visa/s has/hav e been received by us from India.
You are requested to send your original US passport for stamping the “U” Visa and the Indian Passport(where applicable) for verification by mail. Though the Indian passport is cancelled we need to verify it, so please do enclose it. In case you are a PIO card holder, pls send your PIO card for cancellation.
In case you have not already paid the return fee, please send a Cashier’s cheque or a money order for $ 20/- payable to “Consulate General of India, Houston” to return your Passport and OCI Card by express mail.
In case you want to come and collect the OCI cards in person, pls give your passports at the counter between 9am and 12:30pm and collect then between 4pm and 5pm.

Pls. mail the documents to the address given below, " Attention: OCI "

Thanks,

Consulate General Of India Houston
1990 Post Oak Boulevard, Suite #600
Houston, TX - 77056
Telephone 713-626-2148, 713-626-2149
Fax: 713-626-2450, 713-627-2034, 713-993-9347

Vellabadu,
Thank you for your reply to my posting. Well then I will include cancelled indian passport of mine and my spouse cancelled indian passport.
Ofcourse I have to send in the PIO original (mine), and mine+spouse original us passports.

May I ask you, did you already got your family OCI stamping done. Did you mail the original passports or got them in person from houston. please reply.

thanks again

Sorry. I missed to paste the link.

:)

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...and-other-info-to-help-prepare-an-OCI-package

Dori,
Thank you, I read the link you posted on this forum. Definitely it mentions sending cancelled indian passports for verification.
Will you be mailing your passports or getting OCI in person?

thanks for your posting and time.

I am looking at the time lines of you guys. Over eight months to get this bit of work done! In this day and age, this is absolutely disgusting. I commend you all for waiting on this so patiently.

I am hoping to get my US passport in another month so so. I don't think I will apply for the OCI, and just get a 10-year visa, unless I see Travisa has begun to make a difference by then.

Javacafe,
Its just my feeling (may be different in reality), that travisa processing may be more bearable (may be less than month or two months) with houston.

I can not believe india being IT giant of the world can NOT post timings, expected delays etc until applications are in their mail bag for more than 9-10 months. I think mid May I will get my family OCI stamping done. Well see the drama that is played out for
anti-corruption bill which needs to be approved by same feathered folks:) what an irony.

Hopefully things will get better. Dont lose hope.

Vellabadu,
Thank you for your reply to my posting. Well then I will include cancelled indian passport of mine and my spouse cancelled indian passport.
Ofcourse I have to send in the PIO original (mine), and mine+spouse original us passports.

May I ask you, did you already got your family OCI stamping done. Did you mail the original passports or got them in person from houston. please reply.

thanks again

OCIJungle,

Even though the OCIs are approved and back in Houston, I couldn't send the passports. Because we just applied my sons passport (2nd one after 5 years) and we are going to receive it before this Friday. So I am planning to send passports on Monday by mail. The OCIs reached Houston on 16-APR-2011, but I won't be able to send the passports before coming Monday.

Thanks

My OCI status changed to granted on 04/26/2011. Will update on further movement. All the best to everyone.

Vellabadu,

thanks again

OCIJungle,

Today we received my son's new passport from department of state and mailed the following to Houston for OCI stamping.

1. My wife's U.S passport and cancelled Indian passport.
2. My son's U.S passport and PIO card
3. Confirmation of OCI status online for both.

CGI Houston will get these by Friday A.M. Hopefully, I will get all of them back by mid May, 2011. Now the tension starts since I am leaving passports with CGI Houston :)

P.S: I just tried to verify the FedEx status and the FedEx web site has this message:
Thunderstorms at Memphis hub may cause some service delays and disruptions within the U.S. today.

Thanks

finally....

Hi Everyone, today my case progressed one more step. Finally our family OCI visas
are arrrived in houston. Total timeframe so far is 9.5 months including 1 month for wife's renunciation certificate process. I hope we get our visas back in my hand within a month :p.

Vellabadu,
thank you for your reply. I am almost in the same position as your child (I am PIO holder). My wife is same visa wise as your wife. (First time direct application for OCI).

When did you recieve the email notification from CGIHouston after the online informed you that your visas are in houston.

Should I wait for email notification, I dont know.

I will be sending
1. FOR me: coverletter + onlinestatus screenprint + original US pspt + original cancelled indian passport + original valid PIO
2. FOR wife: coverletter +onlinestatus screenprint + original US pspt + original cancelled indian passport + photocopy of renunciation cert
3. if I can find, I will include copy of original money order which included $20 for mailing fee. if I cant find, forget about it :)

I hope this sould do it.

I will keep your all posted, how it goes and our case progress.

Dori, I hope your visa arrived in houston as well.

Vellabadu, thanks for posting to forum, it helps us all.

OCI status was granted this morning. Looks like they are working on applications acknowledged in the month of November. I'm more happier about this than my U.S. citizenship.