OCI - Houston Tracker

how long does it take to print the granted application ?

Mine was granted March-23-2011, so far it has been 15 days. not printed yet.
who prints and mails the granted application to consulates (in my case its houston).

I see all other timelines for other consulates takes 3-5 days to print the granted application.

We started our application in July 2010 starting with the draconian renunciation rule blah blah blah. After the renunciation, we applied for OCI in August-2010 and acknowledged by houston in Sept-2010.

Whats happening here. Now I am hearing some posts on this thread from Kofking and others that passports that were sent were lost via UPS. If that keeps happening UPS will be out of business. (I am just venting)

OCIJungle do you have any update regarding the OCI. Does OCI got printed or not?

familygupta,
no change in our status. looks like a cruel joke (a practical one) on all indians who is applying for OCI from houston. No explanation why it takes so long with houston, while other consulates take very less time. And no explanation why it is so quick with private companies like travisa. Its must be the baksheesh culture.

I will keep you all posted on my case as it progresses.

Kofking posted on this thread that UPS lost his/her passport. DId UPS lose it OR houston_consulate lost it. Can someone post what is happening on passport that were sent for OCI stamping to houston.

The following is the official status on our family OCI applications.

Photo/Signature Scanned On 21-SEP-2010
Registration Status Granted On 23-MAR-2011
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at HOUSTON NOT YET

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to call and find out if picture was ok. My status is also granted and I am waiting for it to be printing. I am told if it takes more than three weeks for status to change printed then there is problem with the pictures or sign/thumb impression. you might need to send them new either picture or sign in the email as attachment.

My status is also granted (family of four). I will be doing the same if status does not change in another week or so.

thanks

lost passport

vellabadu,

I applied for new Passport yesterday and hopefully I get it in next 2-3 weeks as I paid for expedite process. My passport was lost in UPS transit as UPS doesn't show it delivered. I asked UPS to trace it and they came back and said it is lost and asked to put a claim.

I am wondering if Houston accepts new passport for OCI stamp as I believe Passport # might be changing and on the site it clear says that we need to apply for new OCI if passport changes.

I sent a fax and email to houston office and no reply from them so far.

not printed - waiting

familygupta,
our case not printed yet. still waiting.

what is your granted date. (good to keep dates in signature)

Thanks for the suggestion OCIJungle

See signature. But it's from Chicago consulate..

Indeed -- I sometimes wonder if I am reading the Houston tracker when I see such fantastic processing times. Gets very confusing and frustrating at times.

Of course, appreciate hearing at least some progress is happening somewhere! Otherwise, the Houston tracker page is like a ghost town without any updates for several days in a row.

doubter,
When I read about familygupta application progress I thought things are moving. Later I realized he/she belongs to chicago consulate jurisdiction.

My case so far no progress. It has been more than 20 days since application has been in granted. It is taking in my case more than 20 days just to print the granted application for houston. Go figure. (It is a shame for a IT giant country).

Anyways, anyone else waiting for their granted applications? please post your case progress (sounds like 'progress' is a four letter word, doesnt it).

doubter,
When I read about familygupta application progress I thought things are moving. Later I realized he/she belongs to chicago consulate jurisdiction.

My case so far no progress. It has been more than 20 days since application has been in granted. It is taking in my case more than 20 days just to print the granted application for houston. Go figure. (It is a shame for a IT giant country).

Anyways, anyone else waiting for their granted applications? please post your case progress (sounds like 'progress' is a four letter word, doesnt it).

mine is from Washington DC.......granted on Apr 1st.....but still not printed.......i emailed Travisa asking how to get the passport back...they asked me to send a request letter to withdraw the OCI application..............too bad

doubter,

Same here. Still waiting. No change in the Printing status yet.

Application Received Date: 27-AUG-2010
Date of Acknowledgement: 29-SEP-2010
Photo/Signature Scanned : 29-SEP-2010
Registration Status Granted: 31-MAR-2011
Documents Printing Status: NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office: on NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at HOUSTON: NOT YET

Houston OCI filers

I dont see any OCI filers experience with houston travisa after march 15 th.
Is same delay happening?

dori,
thanks for your application update. We both are almost in the same timeframe.
Lets hope houston gets up from coma and looks at our applications.

It is such a shame an IT giant like india can not post workload or timeframe atleast minimal information on their website in houston. No concern for people who apply and waiting for close to 9 to 10 months at all from govt of india either. I am just venting....

Lets hope all these babus become accountable someday.

I cannot post a link; but check immihelp tracker; "leakaustin" applied 03/16 and was approved 04/09.

Here is the link: http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/india-trackers/oci-tracker.do

And, confirming a suspicion I had, "leakaustin" has leapfrogged over applicants, whose applications were mailed as far back as September 2010. It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next several weeks and months.

Thanks, doubter, for the pointer to the link.

Website on the houston consulate states : "it takes some time to receive the documents from India, namely ‘U’ visa sticker and OCI card"...How long is "some time" ?

Because it takes forever to get acknowledgement in the past, and the "granted status" from Houston Consulate

I hope CGI does not jumpstart Travisa applicants. There are so many people who had applied before Travisa took over......
Scan Date: 07-OCT-2010
Ack Date: 07-OCT-2010
Mail Date: 21-AUG-2010

Time for RTI enquiry?

Lets hope all these babus become accountable someday.

Initially I thought RTI will cause delays by distracting CGI Houston; but now they have started approving post 3/15 Travisa applications.

It is time to stop hoping and time for someone to file an RTI and find out what is really going on at CGI Houston.

still not printed

Still waiting for granted application to be printed.

20 days and counting .....

anyone else in the same boat....

Still waiting for granted application to be printed.

20 days and counting .....

anyone else in the same boat....

indian office is closed today and also on Thursday....we should be happy if they start printing the cards from next week.....mine was granted on 1st in Washington DC....got stuck now.....I have plans next month to go to India....will see what happens.....