OCI - Houston Tracker

Bon Voyage

I just checked my family's and it's the same for all of us. I will be traveling home next week and don't see any issues with it.

Regards
VT

Thanks vkt555. Wishing you & your family Happy Journey to motherland!

Best Regards,

Kumar

All,

My status says "UnderProcess" since June 18th, do I need to contact Houston consulate or wait ? As per the website it says the OCI will be processed in 30 days after the acknowledgement and ours was June 17th, so can I exepct by July 17th the docs should be mailed to Houston ?

Thanks for your responses.

Here is my latest on OCI @ Houston:
June 22nd - OCI Application completed and Sent
July 02nd - Application accepted acknolwedgement
July 07th - Photo/Signature Scanned
July 14th - Status: GRANTED
July 15th - Document Printed
July 16th - Documents dispatched to Houston

Last edited by a moderator:
Done with OCI too

Received today Passport with Indian Life Visa & OCI Certificate.

Full Details:

06/06/09 : OCI Online registration.
06/08/09 : Mailed Completed OCI package to Houston by USPS Overnight mail.
06/09/09 : Delivered by USPS.
06/12/09 : Acknowledged.
06/17/09 : Photo/Signature Scanned.
07/03/09 : Registration Status Granted.
07/03/09 : Documents Printed
07/06/09 : Documents Dispatched.
07/09/09 : Documents Received @ Houston.
07/09/09 : Mailed Passports to CGI Houston.
07/16/09 : Received US Passport stamped with Indian U Visa, OCI Card & Cancelled Indian Passport.

vow... looks like OCI is taking around 30 days now...

didn't it use to take about 3 months earlier???

Mailed my OCI app to Houston on 07/17 ... Hope I am as lucky as KC_Chief & bvganesh and complete the process with in month and half

KC Chief,

Can the husband and wife apply for OCI card together? If so, how much will be the total fees?

Can we send self addressed (pre-paid) FedEx envelope?

Thanks in advance.

Received today Passport with Indian Life Visa & OCI Certificate.

Full Details:

06/06/09 : OCI Online registration.
06/08/09 : Mailed Completed OCI package to Houston by USPS Overnight mail.
06/09/09 : Delivered by USPS.
06/12/09 : Acknowledged.
06/17/09 : Photo/Signature Scanned.
07/03/09 : Registration Status Granted.
07/03/09 : Documents Printed
07/06/09 : Documents Dispatched.
07/09/09 : Documents Received @ Houston.
07/09/09 : Mailed Passports to CGI Houston.
07/16/09 : Received US Passport stamped with Indian U Visa, OCI Card & Cancelled Indian Passport.

Another Status Update.

07/23/09: Scanned, Granted & Printed for my Son. Checked at 8:30 PM CST on 7/22/09.
07/22/09: Printed (3 out of 4). Checked at 7:30 AM CST on 7/22/09.
07/22/09: Granted (3 out of 4). Checked at 5:55 PM CST on 7/21/09.
07/07/09: Mailed another Part-A for my son.
07/01/09: Scanned (3 out of 4). I checked at 3:15 PM CST on 6/30/09.
06/29/09: NC arrived for wife
06/25/09: NC arrived for me
06/24/09: Acknowledged. But I checked at 11 PM CST on 6/23/09.
06/22/09: Mail delivered at Houston
06/22/09: PPC arrived for wife
06/20/09: PPC arrived for me
06/19/09: Mailed Completed OCI package to Houston by USPS Priority Mail.
06/18/09: OCI Online registration.

KC Chief,

Can the husband and wife apply for OCI card together? If so, how much will be the total fees?

Can we send self addressed (pre-paid) FedEx envelope?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, they can apply together - choose the family option when filling online application. The fee will be 2*$275.

As far as I know, Houston asks for $20 return mailing charges (can be included in a single money order with OCI fees) and a self-addressed [unstamped] envelope. There is no mention of pre-paid FedEx envelope.

Latest Status update - for all 4 of our family.

Date Of Acknowledgment 17-JUN-2009
Photo/Signature Scanned On 18-JUN-2009
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 21-JUL-2009
Registration Status Granted On 21-JUL-2009
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 22-JUL-2009
Documents Received at HOUSTON On 24-JUL-2009.

I just applied for OCI card.

I applied for the account online, got the registration number, printed Part A & B, completed the Part A & B, made cashiers checks for $275, enclosed the required citizenship and Indian passport documents and mailed the envelope.

Did I miss anything? If not, can somebody explain the meaning of "Date Of Acknowledgment" and "Photo/Signature Scanned" in the earlier posts?

Thanks in advance.

Registered and received OCI account numbers (USAH**): July 21
Documents dispatched to Houston Consulate: July 24

Hereditary Agriculture land for US Citizens or OCI holders

Does somebody know if the Hereditary Agriculture land be in name of US Citizens or OCI holders?

Thanks.

I just applied for OCI card.

I applied for the account online, got the registration number, printed Part A & B, completed the Part A & B, made cashiers checks for $275, enclosed the required citizenship and Indian passport documents and mailed the envelope.

Did I miss anything? If not, can somebody explain the meaning of "Date Of Acknowledgment" and "Photo/Signature Scanned" in the earlier posts?

Thanks in advance.

Date of acknowledgment is when the processing of your application starts in Delhi - all other fields in the online status page would get updated one-by-one after that.

Return mailing fee $20 ??

I see they require you to send $20 for express mailing charge. I am a little confused. They are not mailing anything back to me. I definately plan to go over in person to the consulate to get the OCI booklet and sticker in my kid's passport, so the consulate is not going to mail anything back to me. Do I still need to enclose $20? Thanks for your replies.

I see they require you to send $20 for express mailing charge. I am a little confused. They are not mailing anything back to me. I definately plan to go over in person to the consulate to get the OCI booklet and sticker in my kid's passport, so the consulate is not going to mail anything back to me. Do I still need to enclose $20? Thanks for your replies.

They should have called it either 'Handling Fee' or 'We-keep-the-money-no-matter-what -fee'. Seriously, I doubt they will give your $20 back. Call and ask them.

If you are going to collect your OCI in person, just don't include that $20 fee. They won't return it if you include it but go there in person to collect.

OCI Mailing address for Houston and thumb impression

Hi

I am planning to send my OCI application to Houston and i am confused about the mailing address for oci application in Houston consulate. I have 2 questions:

1) Should i send it to:

1990 Post Oak Boulevard, Houston, TX - 77056

OR
1990 Post Oak Blvd,
3 Post Oak Central, Suite 600
Houston, Texas-77056.

2) Should the thumb impression of a minor child be in BLACK or BLUE ink.

I appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Hi

I am planning to send my OCI application to Houston and i am confused about the mailing address for oci application in Houston consulate. I have 2 questions:

1) Should i send it to:

1990 Post Oak Boulevard, Houston, TX - 77056

OR
1990 Post Oak Blvd,
Houston, Texas-77056.

2) Should the thumb impression of a minor child be in BLACK or BLUE ink.

I appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Send the forms to
1990 Post Oak Blvd,
Houston, Texas-77056.

1990 Post Oak Blvd has 71 other businesses including Korea and Turkey consulates. I used the following format

OCI Cell
1990 Post Oak Blvd,
Houston, Texas-77056.

For your 2nd question either Blue or Black is fine. I used Black.