OCI - Houston Tracker

Yes, I see my status on-line now.

06/17/09 : Acknowledged, File(Acknowledgment) No. available online. Registration status : Under Process.

Hello All:

Our OCI documents arrived at the consulate. The questions I have are:

1. Do I need to send our cancelled Indian passports? They were cancelled a couple of Years back.

2. I had sent $ 20 for return charges with my OCI application included with the application fees. Would the consulate have a track of that? Or they completely forget about it?

3. Just to be safe, if I think to include prepaid Express Mail envelope, how does that work?

4. When we send our OCI applications, we have to mark envelope 'OCI Application'. So, when sending our current passports for U Visa and OCI card, do we have to mark anything on the envelope?

Thanks a lot to all.

Regards,

Kumar

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my status

06/18/09 : OCI Online registration.
06/19/09 : Mailed Completed OCI package to Houston by USPS Priority Mail.

Oci

Hello All:

Our OCI documents arrived at the consulate. The questions I have are:

1. Do I need to send our cancelled Indian passports? They were cancelled a couple of Years back.

2. I had sent $ 20 for return charges with my OCI application included with the application fees. Would the consulate have a track of that? Or they completely forget about it?

3. Just to be safe, if I think to include prepaid Express Mail envelope, how does that work?

4. When we send our OCI applications, we have to mark envelope 'OCI Application'. So, when sending our current passports for U Visa and OCI card, do we have to mark anything on the envelope?

Thanks a lot to all.

Regards,

Kumar

Can anyone share their recent experience on similar lines? Much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kumar

help

Hi guys,

I need some serious help. I probably have screwed up big time. I got confused with information from different sites and I screwed up on the application. We are family of 4. Husband, Wife, and two kids, none of the kids are minors. All of us born in India and citizens of US through Naturalization.

I filled out Part A correctly for all of us. Part B is where there is a screw up. Here's the problem:

Part B- I did not fill them out in capital letters.. will that be a problem?

When I completed Part A, I printed out 2 copies. So it printed Part A and Part B twice. So I filled them out in INK individually. Now on the website it says it has to be duplicate, does it mean duplicate after signing or duplication before signing because I already filled all 4 of them and signed individually. Is that going to be a problem?

I have just filled out one part B for husband and wife and part B each individually for two kids. Is that okay?

Also there has been quiet a lot of confusion about photographs. I understand the recent website says 4 photographs. Out of which 2 photographs needs to be pasted on the application and other two needs to be stapled with the application. Is that correct?

Also another question is, can I restart all this all over again i.e. fresh Part A to fill out again or I cannot do anything to make changes to the current application because Part A has already been submitted and me doing Part A again to get Part B correct will be redundancy?

I am confused and I think if you are reading this, you are also confused so please help. Thank you for reading and your input(s).

You can restart as if making a new application. I am saying this from my personal experience.

For number of photos go with what the consulate's website recommends. If it asks for 4 photos, send 4.

You can restart as if making a new application. I am saying this from my personal experience.

For number of photos go with what the consulate's website recommends. If it asks for 4 photos, send 4.

What about the registration number that we already printed? I thought Part A is already submitted online. So if we start again, our registration number would be different. Can we really start fresh?

What about the registration number that we already printed? I thought Part A is already submitted online. So if we start again, our registration number would be different. Can we really start fresh?

Yes. You will get new regn number. Old one is like abandoned.

Here is the update.

06/22/09 : Mail delivered at Houston
06/22/09 : PPC arrived for wife
06/20/09 : PPC arrived for me

Friends,

U may already saw my previous postings..
I have SCANNED/UNDER PROCESS status from 04/25..
I am sending emails continuosuly from then..
No documents or nothing missing from my side..
Is it good attempt to go to Houston for one time?

Please advise, thanx..

Another Status Update.

07/01/09 : Scanned (3 out of 4). I checked at 3:15 PM CST on 6/30/09.
06/29/09 : NC arrived for wife
06/25/09 : NC arrived for me
06/24/09 : Acknowledged. But I checked at 11 PM CST on 6/23/09.
06/22/09 : Mail delivered at Houston
06/22/09 : PPC arrived for wife
06/20/09 : PPC arrived for me

Last edited by a moderator:
My Passport for OCI stamping and booklet has reached Houston early this week. Already paid $20 with the OCI application. How soon/fast Houston complete the stamping and return process? I would like to learn your experiences. Any input is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kumar

Dear All:

We have received our OCI U-Visa and OCI booklet at last. Many thanks to all of you and this forum that guided us throughout.

The whole process took little less then 2 months. CGI Houston seemed to be efficient in our case.

When I filled out our Part A online, the place of birth we mentioned the City and State. But in OCI booklet it is mentioned just State, INDIA as our places of birth. Is this the standard practice? How is it in your case?

Also, the U-Visa is signed by the Consul, but there is no stamp on it, should it be stamped?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Kumar

Dear All:

We have received our OCI U-Visa and OCI booklet at last. Many thanks to all of you and this forum that guided us throughout.

The whole process took little less then 2 months. CGI Houston seemed to be efficient in our case.

When I filled out our Part A online, the place of birth we mentioned the City and State. But in OCI booklet it is mentioned just State, INDIA as our places of birth. Is this the standard practice? How is it in your case?

Also, the U-Visa is signed by the Consul, but there is no stamp on it, should it be stamped?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Kumar

I my case, the OCI booklet says <city>, India as the Place of Birth. It shouldn't matter if it just says India.

The U-Visa sticker has the signature as well as a round/black stamp saying Consulate General of India, San Francisco in both English and Hindi. Missing the official stamp/seal looks like an oversight. I don't know if there are others in this situation and if they had any problems traveling to India.

Missing Round Stamp/Seal on U-Visa

I my case, the OCI booklet says <city>, India as the Place of Birth. It shouldn't matter if it just says India.

The U-Visa sticker has the signature as well as a round/black stamp saying Consulate General of India, San Francisco in both English and Hindi. Missing the official stamp/seal looks like an oversight. I don't know if there are others in this situation and if they had any problems traveling to India.

Thanks AKGarg.

Is anybody else in the same situation as mine? Any issues travelling to India? Any input is much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Kumar

Thanks AKGarg.

Is anybody else in the same situation as mine? Any issues travelling to India? Any input is much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Kumar

If you are missing the rubber stamp, I have the same thing. Only sign. I have travelled twice with that and no problems. Just for sanity, please be prepared to show the actual OCI booklet. I hope that has both the seal and stamp. I believe this is an oversight when they send for a family in one go. Nothing to worry. BTW, mine was SFO too.

OCI rubber stamp on U-Visa

If you are missing the rubber stamp, I have the same thing. Only sign. I have travelled twice with that and no problems. Just for sanity, please be prepared to show the actual OCI booklet. I hope that has both the seal and stamp. I believe this is an oversight when they send for a family in one go. Nothing to worry. BTW, mine was SFO too.

Thanks a lot sv786. The rubber stamp is missing on U-Visa. The OCI Booklet does have round rubberstamp.

Best Regards,

Kumar

Documents Dispatched

Here is My latest.

06/06/09 : OCI Online registration.
06/08/09 : Mailed Completed OCI package to Houston by USPS Overnight mail.
06/09/09 : Delivered by USPS.
06/12/09 : Acknowledged.
06/17/09 : Photo/Signature Scanned.
07/03/09 : Registration Status Granted.
07/03/09 : Documents Printed
07/06/09 : Documents Dispatched.

Thanks a lot sv786. The rubber stamp is missing on U-Visa. The OCI Booklet does have round rubberstamp.

Best Regards,

Kumar

I just checked my family's and it's the same for all of us. I will be traveling home next week and don't see any issues with it.

Regards
VT