"Ocean" Next Campaign Idea Invited

I am not sure if we can get attention of media - they are fixated on illegals. I have sent atleast 20 mails to latimes correspondents without any response. latimes, nytimes and washpost are best bets for us.

sending shoes

Sending shoes (asking congress persons to kick USCIS's ass) can attract attention (but maybe not in a good direction). Imagine, hundreds of shoes flow in Capitol Hill in a short period.

Anyway, the idea seems unwelcome and I doubt on it as well.

Hi

Kashmir is it possible to collect information of all the congress/influencing people and information like who will support and so on...

-wac02260XXXXX /08-2002

Writing to media doesn't get any attention. I've sent thousands of mails to media but no response.

Good way to get media attention is by distributing news through premium paid News distribution service and by paid ads.

There are quite a few new appointees like district directors,officer-in-charge . We will start email campaign targetting these people.

There is address in http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/feerelease_020304.pdf

Written comment should be submitted to the Regulations and Forms Services Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security, 425 I Street NW, Room 4034, Washington, D.C., 20536. Please reference USCIS No. 2233-02 on your correspondence. Comments will also be accepted electronically at: rfs.regs@dhs.gov. When submitting comments electronically, please include USCIS No. 2233-02 in the subject box.
I'm not agree with increase. The only solution with AP and EAD backlog will be start approval of 485 application.

we better to contact senator's again

Last week I faxed Barbara boxer about delays in 485 process, with in 2 days got letter from Barbara's sfo office saying that they will enquire with CSC and yesterday I got letter from senator's office saying that my wife application is within processing dates and confirmed that CSC received our RFE RESPONSE BUT NO MENTION ABOUT APPROVAL TIMES or dates.

All most SAME experience with fremont congress man . it looks like election time, we should start sending emails,faxes to senators once again. If possible talk about fee increase without approvals and proper service from CSC.

PATHAPATI
020665xxxxx

Radio

what about trying to have a radio program dealing with our situation.
For instance a talk show @ KGO.

We should be careful not to whine rather to be propositive and proactive, pointing out that we represent a working force, future US citizens, that we are supporting california economy (through our job and taxes) and that we just asking to have administration working as the president is pitching (all in 6 months!)

How about sending an email to each of the members of

Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security, and Claims

and

The Committee on Appropriations SUBCOMMITTEE on Homeland Security

Explaining "How BCIS is misusing the funds/fees collected by legal immigration applicants" and we don't trust BCIS that its going to use these increased fees for backlog reductions.

I'm not sure how we are going to provide sufficient justification for our claims though. But the point here is, if we can justify, and if at all we get any reply from any of these members positively stating that they too understand that misuse of funds( remote possibility :( ) we can use that to support for the "Law Suit" too.

Subcommittees members list
------------------------------------

Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security,
and Claims
B-370B Rayburn HOB, Tel: 202-225-5727

Mr. John N. Hostettler, Chairman
Mr. Jeff Flake
Ms. Sheila Jackson Lee
Mrs. Marsha Blackburn
Ms. Linda Sanchez
Mr. Lamar Smith
Ms. Zoe Lofgren
Mr. Elton Gallegly
Mr. Howard Berman
Mr. Chris Cannon
Mr. John Conyers
Mr. Steve King
Ms. Melissa Hart

The Committee on Appropriations SUBCOMMITTEE on Homeland Security

The members are as follows:
Senator Thad Cochran (Chairman) (MS)
Senator Ted Stevens (AK)
Senator Arlen Specter (PA)
Senator Pete Domenici (NM)
Senator Mitch McConnell (KY)
Senator Richard Shelby (AL)
Senator Judd Gregg (NH)
Senator Ben Nighthorse Campbell (CO)
Senator Larry Craig (ID)
Senator Robert C. Byrd (Ranking Member) (WV)
Senator Daniel Inouye (HI)
Senator Ernest Hollings (SC)
Senator Patrick Leahy (VT)
Senator Tom Harkin (IA)
Senator Barbara Mikulski (MD)
Senator Herb Kohl (WI)
Senator Patty Murray (WA)

1. List of senators for California is a good idea
but don't you guys think that we have to provide statistics of what do we mean by backlog and how many are effected and how long those cases have been pending and even names if people are willing.

This way they know that this is bigger than one person sending a Fax or E-Mail to the congressman/woman or to the senator.

I recall one of the threads talked about having such list is it really out there or can we work on compiling alist and having people submit information that we need to be collected.

Your feedback....

jaymehra11 - Protest in front of USCIS office

jaymehra11 proposed the Protest in front of USCIS office:
Originally posted by jaymehra11
How about taking out a protest in-front of USCIS offices?
-jay.
Which office can we go ?
I can go to San Jose and San Francisco.

If jaymehra11 or somebody wants to take the initiative, create a new thread to decide the detail of Protest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm tired of sending emails at this moment. If there is a protest, San Jose or San Francisco, I'll definitely go.

I'll also attend a protest in the mentioned areas (oakland, San Fran, or San Jose).

if organize a rally and let the SF chronicle or San Jose newspapers know about it then will have some coverage.

I think it is a great idea but the turn out is very important