3) campaign to members of House/Senate Subcommittee on Immigration
4) others

Originally posted by kashmir
How about the followings ?
1) media campaign
2) protest in front of USCIS office(s)
4) others

1. Yes, We should start fresh media campaign. Already I'm planning some, I'll explain in detail later.
2. I'm skeptical about this option due to overwhelming support(?????), we got from our community for all our efforts.
3. Yes, We should start fresh campaign to gather support from Senate and House Immigration sub-committee.
4. We should start collecting support from corporate world. What happened to the petition started by tr22 to gather Corporate world support.

Last edited by a moderator:
>> 2) protest in front of USCIS office(s)
> 2. I'm skeptical about this option due to overwhelming support(?????), we got from our community for all our efforts.

This has been repeatedly proposed in this forum.
At least five people have proposed or endorsed it this time.
I'd like to see if somebody would really take the initiative on this item.

How about the followings ?
1) media campaign
2) protest in front of USCIS office(s)
4) others
Does somebody take the initiative for one of them or any campaign you want ?

Does somebody take the initiative for one of them or any campaign you want ?

Kashmir,
I read your request yesterday itself. Thought of volunteering immediately but stepped back just to see some new volunteer but I was surprised that no one replied.

Anyway I'll actively pursue Media campaign and campaign targeting Immigration sub-committee starting next week.

Our active resourses are limited, but we have to make our campaign more visible and successful using this minimum resource. So let's concentrate on strategy to make our campaign successful.

Thanks.

To get media attention, we should get enough people for protest. If there is protest, I'll definitely go.

To implement protest plan, we should gather the following information:
- the theme of protest: slogans, etc
- protest location: USCIS or somewhere else?
- How many people will be available?

There is an immigration forum hosted by congresswoman Linda Sanchez on Feb. 28th. We should also take this opportunity to talk with the congresswoman. We need at least 10 people to make sure she understands that I-485 backlog is a serious issue and must be solved as soon as possible.

I don't mind driving 6 hours to LA on Friday and staying in some motel. Staying here doing nothing is a waste anyway.

Protest is a good option. But, if we keep the topic open for people to decide the venue and date, it would never happen. Lets atleast get the date fixed and then work towards it. We can discuss the venue and placards etc., logistics.

That way we know we have a goal otherwise it would be just beating around the bush.

Hi, Edison,

I believe at least 25 people will participate in our new campaign from the CSC forum.
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=699424#post699424

Also, I have been preparing two campaigns, but they might be similar to yours.
Thanks,
-kashmir
Originally posted by Edison
Kashmir,
I read your request yesterday itself. Thought of volunteering immediately but stepped back just to see some new volunteer but I was surprised that no one replied.

Anyway I'll actively pursue Media campaign and campaign targeting Immigration sub-committee starting next week.

Our active resourses are limited, but we have to make our campaign more visible and successful using this minimum resource. So let's concentrate on strategy to make our campaign successful.

Thanks.

To get more people involved, I think everybody in this form has responsibility to refer their friends who are also waiting for greencards to the forum. Immigrationportal.com is best online community of immigration applicants in every stage. Every visitor will soon find this community fascinating and inspiring.

We should give this taks high priority and take it as a necessary step toward final victory.

kadamtal - PROTEST

Hi, kadamtal,

Can you take the initiative for PROTEST ?
I think you are the best person for that.

Thanks,
-kashmir
Originally posted by kadamtal
Protest is a good option. But, if we keep the topic open for people to decide the venue and date, it would never happen. Lets atleast get the date fixed and then work towards it. We can discuss the venue and placards etc., logistics.

That way we know we have a goal otherwise it would be just beating around the bush.

Media Campaign

Does somebody take the initiative for Media Campaign ?
Several people had proposed Media Campaign.

Hi Kashmir and All,

I would like to get response for these few basic questions from the community based on which we can decide on the PROTEST campaign.

Please answer below the questions and maintain the format. This helps to link the answers to the questions easily.

Guys, lets do one round of PROTEST atleast to start with and see the response and impact and analyze future plans....Please participate to benefit yourself and the others would do the same.

1) What dates do you think is quite reasonable to do a PROTEST? (Should they be aligned with any event of related importance or random date(s))

2) How many days do we need to prepare for the protest? (Like slogan boards or petition copies (just in case) etc)

3) Where would you like to PROTEST? (suggest a place)

4) How many including you can be available for the PROTEST? (say, if you are married and then your wife who is also an applicant can protest, your friends, your kids etc) *** Number shows strength of PROTEST ***

1) What dates do you think is quite reasonable to do a PROTEST? (Should they be aligned with any event of related importance or random date(s))

--> better aligned to an event.

2) How many days do we need to prepare for the protest? (Like slogan boards or petition copies (just in case) etc)

--> One week should be more than enough.

--> One event and place I thought was the District Court where we filed the Lawsuit and the day it goes to court.

4) How many including you can be available for the PROTEST? (say, if you are married and then your wife who is also an applicant can protest, your friends, your kids etc) *** Number shows strength of PROTEST ***

--> Atleast one me :). Cannot answer until I know the venue and date.

Hi, kadamtal,
It's a good start.

> 1) What dates do you think is quite reasonable to do a PROTEST? (Should they be aligned with any event of related importance or random date(s))

anytime as soon as possible

> 2) How many days do we need to prepare for the protest? (Like slogan boards or petition copies (just in case) etc)

7 to 14 days

> 3) Where would you like to PROTEST? (suggest a place)

San Francisco Bay Area
San Jose, San Francisco

> 4) How many including you can be available for the PROTEST? (say, if you are married and then your wife who is also an applicant can protest, your friends, your kids etc) *** Number shows strength of PROTEST ***

Currently 2 but I may bring more.

---> Better aligned with an event

--->7-10 days

----> San Franciso/San Jose

----> Currently 2 and can bring more

I am not really pro protesting in person, unless we have enough people who will make a difference. I have seen protestors a number of time, and more than a minor annoyance, no one really pays attention.

Shouldn't take more than a weekend if well planned.

Probably INS office

One just me, though I don't think the protest will do anything, if everyone wants to do, I will definitely be there! :)

Hi, 140_takes_4ever,
>> 1) What dates do you think is quite reasonable to do a PROTEST? (Should they be aligned with any event of related importance or random date(s))

> I am not really pro protesting in person, unless we have enough people who will make a difference. I have seen protestors a number of time, and more than a minor annoyance, no one really pays attention.

Before the actual PROTEST, we have to inform Media,
so I am planning another Media Campaign soon.

However, I think somebody must want to take the initiative for Media Campaign.

new thread for Protest

Hi, kadamtal,
How about open a new thread for Protest ?
Some people don't like Project Ocean.
-kashmir
Originally posted by kadamtal
Hi Kashmir and All,

I would like to get response for these few basic questions from the community based on which we can decide on the PROTEST campaign.

Please answer below the questions and maintain the format. This helps to link the answers to the questions easily.

Guys, lets do one round of PROTEST atleast to start with and see the response and impact and analyze future plans....Please participate to benefit yourself and the others would do the same.