"Ocean" Next Campaign Idea Invited

1) What dates do you think is quite reasonable to do a PROTEST? (Should they be aligned with any event of related importance or random date(s))

A) A random date for now to get the people out.

2) How many days do we need to prepare for the protest? (Like slogan boards or petition copies (just in case) etc)[/B]

A) Two weeks total. Location Time Slogans should be pepared & communicated on this forum. e.g. slogans can agreed upon (max of five slogans) & the protestors would write them up on clear white boards to be visible.

3) Where would you like to PROTEST? (suggest a place)

personally I would it do it in San Fran maybe because I'm closer to the city but also a key is the exposure that we might get if a group of people are protesting in the heart of the business district. I also recommend San Jose if we could get the same exposure.

4) How many including you can be available for the PROTEST? (say, if you are married and then your wife who is also an applicant can protest, your friends, your kids etc) *** Number shows strength of PROTEST ***

I will try to drag two others of my friends that are also affected by this. but no gurantees

Other Suggestions: :
Once we decide and the date & location and all is confirmed we can contact the local new stations and inform them about what we are planning to do.

Kadamtal: I am ready to assist in any way...

setting a meeting with a congressman/woman

This might be too far out, if we choose a california senator/congress person and contact their office to request for a one on one meeting. We will gather as many people from this forum, draft out the concerns which there is tons of info on this forum alone and have the congersman/woman or senator meet with us.
I think they might do it if we communicate to their office that there is 150+ concerned people & their families that want their voice heard.

If there is a well written letter describing our concerns I will contact Senator Feinstein's office & bug them on this matter.

just another idea.

Larry King

I might sound ridiculous, but yesterday while viewing the presidential candidates debate , one of the panel pointed on fairness to people who have legally entered US . And there was no straight forward answer.

So my point here is , can we bring our EB I-485 backlog issue to CNN's attention and may be some way get this topic in Larry King Live. Just a thought.

We should send as many faxes and emails to CNN headquaters..

Again this is just an idea ..

Any suggestions..?

ngadhia

Hi friends,

Sorry for not responding in last couple of days...been awfully busy at work. Now, Thanks Hussein, We need all the help we can get to get this one protest going...

Lets do this...Since aligning with an event might be difficult to plan, lets fix a day in next couple of days and the place. As we keep discussing about how tos, we can ramp up the campaign and try to get as much support as possible. <b>Gurus of the forum, please help us get the support of the forum members...</b>

The slogans, bill boards etc., we can do decide and bring one per the attendee group. That way, the responsibility is on us to get our own resources to protest.

Every individual counts but i guess we have atleast 10 to start with...

Originally posted by kadamtal
Lets do this...Since aligning with an event might be difficult to plan, lets fix a day in next couple of days and the place. As we keep discussing about how tos, we can ramp up the campaign and try to get as much support as possible. Gurus of the forum, please help us get the support of the forum members...
The slogans, bill boards etc., we can do decide and bring one per the attendee group. That way, the responsibility is on us to get our own resources to protest.
Every individual counts but i guess we have atleast 10 to start with...
How about the week of Daylight Saving Time Begginning in April in San Francisco downtown ?
  • kadamtal
  • rk4gc
  • kashmir
  • 140_takes_4ever
  • hussein
Also, I recommend to open new thread.

We don't need a protest to organize a meeting with Zoe! :) She is pretty nice and will give us time regardless, we are in the process of finalizing a meeting between her and representatives of immigrationportal.org.

Yes I agree with 140. I guess not protesting but if we
can go as a group to "New Americans" and represent the
immigrationProtal it may have better effect.

askgc,

I am not sure if you live in the bay area, but if you do, and are interested/motivated enough to actually do something, you might want to join the yahoo group we set up for the bay area, where we are working in meeting/communicating with bay area representatives.

If you are interested in joining the group, please pm me your email address and I will ask the group administrator to add you to our mailing group.

This offer is also open to all other bay area residents. We are looking out for activists, and since it is an extremely localized action, don't want to clutter the forum with our mail. Not to say, we are only looking for self motivated/focused/willing participants.

Originally posted by 140_takes_4ever
We don't need a protest to organize a meeting with Zoe! :) She is pretty nice and will give us time regardless, we are in the process of finalizing a meeting between her and representatives of immigrationportal.org.

What I meant was going together in a group for this event (as askgc says) - call it a protest or something else. Meeting Zoe/Mike Honda/others was more of a side effect of this action.

Also since KQED will be there we may request them to cover our thoughts as well in their report of this event.

So how about it, kadamtal?

Kashmir, Kadmatal & Others

City Selected: San Francisco (right?)
Date: ???
Time: ???
Slogans:
1. TBD
2. TBD
3. TBD
4. TBD
5. Suggestion: What about our rights?

Participants: TBD

News contacted: TBD

Onward guys.....

Originally posted by 140_takes_4ever
askgc,

I am not sure if you live in the bay area, but if you do, and are interested/motivated enough to actually do something, you might want to join the yahoo group we set up for the bay area, where we are working in meeting/communicating with bay area representatives.

If you are interested in joining the group, please pm me your email address and I will ask the group administrator to add you to our mailing group.

This offer is also open to all other bay area residents. We are looking out for activists, and since it is an extremely localized action, don't want to clutter the forum with our mail. Not to say, we are only looking for self motivated/focused/willing participants.
I think dm contacted askgc already. But askgc if you are interested please send your details to 140

Originally posted by theWarrior
What I meant was going together in a group for this event (as askgc says) - call it a protest or something else. Meeting Zoe/Mike Honda/others was more of a side effect of this action.
RK4GC is already engaged in seeking an appointment with Zoe via her office. We will be visiting en masse if that pans out.

No harm in protesting and showcasing our points.

Originally posted by hussein
Kashmir, Kadmatal & Others

City Selected: San Francisco (right?)
Date: ???
Time: ???
Slogans:
1. TBD
2. TBD
3. TBD
4. TBD
5. Suggestion: What about our rights?

Participants: TBD

News contacted: TBD

Onward guys.....
Hi, hussein and kadamtal,
Thanks for your taking the initiative.
Can you open a new thread to discuss about this event ?

DHS Ombudsman Prakash Khatri

cinta at VSC forum introduced the following article:
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116478

The original one is:
http://www.gurfinkel.com/immigration_updates/2004/feb08-2004.html

I'd like to have two campaigns to DHS Ombudsman Prakash Khatri as follows:

1) Lawsuit Settlement Proposal #4 Item
DHS Ombudsman Prakash Khatri proposed:
In order to avoid backlogs, and reduce fraudulent filings of adjustment applications, Mr. Khatri is proposing a revolutionary approach to processing cases: interview the aliens on the same day they file their case, rather than years later, as is done at the present time. With a same day interview, CIS could quickly screen the cases to see if they are bona fide, and could issue the green card in about 60 days from filing, which is the time it takes to complete the security checks. Can you imagine getting a green card two months after you file for adjustment?! Let’s hope that will soon become a reality, instead of only a proposal.

In other words, he proposes to turn the process on its head, with the interview up front. This would dramatically reduce fraud (because there would be no fraudulent filings to buy time for work permits, no fake ADIT (green card) stamps in people’s passports, etc.) In addition, it would greatly reduce the number of hours CIS officers would have to spend on a file, from about 6-7 hours per file, to only one hour. Right now, officers spend upwards of 6-7 hours on each file, taking into account pulling the file and reviewing it each time a person renews his work permit, or makes an inquiry, etc. With the adjustment interview up front, this would reduce or eliminate the need for pulling and reviewing the file so many times.
His idea might be a revolutionary approach, but it is similar to our settlement proposal #4 item in a certain meaning.
Let's send e-mail to Prakash.Khatri@dhs.gov to ask his support of our settlement proposal.

2) CSC Director Don Neufeld
As part of his functions as Ombudsman under the Homeland Security Act, he is to make an annual report to Congress, that spells out the problems or issues that were not solved, the name of the specific officer at CIS who did not solve it, and why that officer did not solve it. This is a very important function, as CIS officers, whether inside or outside the U.S., will be more responsive, since they would not want to have their name in his report to Congress, showing that they did not, or could not, solve a particular problem (or they were, in fact, the cause of the problem).
Obviously, for the last one year, the CSC's performance has been the worst among four service centers.
Also, Don Neufeld ignored our 50 e-mails and cheated not only us but also Congressional offices.
Mr. Khatri should include Don Neufeld's name and the CSC's bad performance in his report to Congress.
Let's send e-mail to Prakash.Khatri@dhs.gov to report the ugly performance of Don Neufeld and the CSC.

If you have a comment or suggestion, please post your opinion before starting the campaign.

Californian Governor Arnold Schwarznegger

We had some discussion in Action Core Team.
i think we should take the support of california governor for I 485
PROCESSING. he is an immigrant and he wants to change rules ,so that
immigrants can be eligible to stand for a president.so he will understand
the problem of immigrants.
arnold schwarznegger?
Very, very good idea. Action group, let us talk about this.
Immigrants for President and Vice-President proposal
was started from democrats. Detroit Democrat
congressman and Immigration subcommittee member John
Conyers already prepared a bill for that amending the
constitutional requirement.So US citizens for 20 years
are also eligible for that unlike only born US
citizens are eligible to become President and Vice
President today.
I think it is under review some review and I don't
know when it will come to floor for voting. It was
started just for MIchigan Governor Jennifer Granholm,
she is an immigrant from Canada. Now it is supported
by Californian Governor Arnold Schwarznegger. I think
this bill will be a bi-partisan one.

But, I'm not sure how Governors can support federal
issue like I-485 processing delay.

It is good to discuss this as Rajiv suggested.
Yes, it's a great idea to request the support of California Governor for
I-485 backlogs.

Does he want to change the rules so that the immigrants can fight for
President. I think this idea is good one but to me that fight is going to
be long one and moreover symbolic one.
People might view this idea with suscipicion. This country has still not
seen woman president and black president. After almost 180 years of its
independence, this country has seen a Catholic president(JFK).
Any comments on Governor Schwarznegger ?

1) Lawsuit Settlement Proposal #4 Item
DHS Ombudsman Prakash Khatri proposed:

quote:In order to avoid backlogs, and reduce fraudulent filings of adjustment applications, Mr. Khatri is proposing a revolutionary approach to processing cases: interview the aliens on the same day they file their case, rather than years later, as is done at the present time....
His idea might be a revolutionary approach, but it is similar to our settlement proposal #4 item in a certain meaning.
Let's send e-mail to Prakash.Khatri@dhs.gov to ask his support of our settlement proposal.

2) CSC Director Don Neufeld

quote:As part of his functions as Ombudsman under the Homeland Security Act, he is to make an annual report to Congress, that spells out the problems or issues that were not solved, the name of the specific officer at CIS who did not solve it, and why that officer did not solve it....
Obviously, for the last one year, the CSC's performance has been the worst among four service centers.

This is quite encouraging. We should certainly start another thread to do an e-mail campaign to him to show our support.

why dont we try contacting CA governor?(already sent a mail to Mr Rajiv khanna ) he might support our cause(I 485 delays) ,as he is an immigrant too. he wants to change laws,to favour immigrants standing for "PRESIDENT" ??

why dont we try contacting CA governor?(already sent a mail to Mr Rajiv khanna ) he might support our cause(I 485 delays) ,as he is an immigrant too. he wants to change laws,to favour immigrants standing for "PRESIDENT" ??