"Ocean" Next Campaign Idea Invited

Originally posted by kashmir
Hi, theWarrir,
How is it going ?
I'm looking forward to your new campaign to Gov. Schwarzenegger.

Hi Kashmir,
Sorry for not posting for last few days. The thread will be posted by tomorrow evening.

I have some more ideas I will be posting them once I post the thread tomorrow.

thanks.

Originally posted by gc0299
We can write gov Scharzenegger at:

http://www.schwarzenegger.com/en/help/feedback/index.asp?subj=auction

under General Question.

I think the governor we'll listen to our complaint.
We should write our personal stories in less than 700 characters.
What dou you think?

This is the official site -
http://www.governor.ca.gov/state/govsite/gov_homepage.jsp

And I agree we tend to repeat the same e-mail again and again. Its best to send different e-mails. I will write a more general one since I need to detail all our problems to him.

I will be posting a thread tomorrow. Please start drafting your e-mail and do join the thread.

thanks.

Hi All,

I see one of the reasons the fax campaigns are not taking off as they should be could be because people have internet access to send emails/browse but don't necessarily have fax machines and printers available. Even if they do, there could be some sort of restriction on their usage in the work place or elsewhere....

I think if we find a way on the web itself that will allow us to fax the campaign letters, petitions for free then we should look into those more seriously....

Then members of the forum can simply email it to that service and the fax would go through..since they are on internet anyways it would not be a big deal for them to take few more minutes to this much.... Even after that if they don't mail then we can simply consider that its just their nature...

Your thoughts?

Originally posted by kadamtal
Hi All,

I see one of the reasons the fax campaigns are not taking off as they should be could be because people have internet access to send emails/browse but don't necessarily have fax machines and printers available. Even if they do, there could be some sort of restriction on their usage in the work place or elsewhere....

I think if we find a way on the web itself that will allow us to fax the campaign letters, petitions for free then we should look into those more seriously....

Then members of the forum can simply email it to that service and the fax would go through..since they are on internet anyways it would not be a big deal for them to take few more minutes to this much.... Even after that if they don't mail then we can simply consider that its just their nature...

Your thoughts?

Kadamtal,
You are right. Check my signature for details about free fax.

Also we should mention about this free service in our first message of all our campaigns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Edison, I am looking into these free services. Let me send couple of faxes to myself and if it works, then lets make it bold for everybody to send it for FREE in all our campaigns...

We should ask congressmen, congresswoman, the governor and other influential people to sign our petition.
If we don't have a right for our "pursuit of happiness", they might have.

Rajiv's message
As to what you folks can do:
Contact friends and family. Contact the media. Contact community orgaizations, other online forums like we have here, sympathetic employers... the more people, the better. Make everyone aware of the issues. I will tell you this, one or two articles about your problems in national news will get the ball rolling. CIS will not settle without some more public pressure.

Recently, we have seen several approvals at this forum everyday.
Actually, about a hundred of approvals have been reported every month since April 2004.
Everyone may think that one would get approved today or tomorrow.

Also, recently, the JIT date has been moving forward by one month biweekly.
The JIT date would reach January 2003 by the end of FY2004.
So, everyone who have filed before January 2003 may think that one would get approved within three months at longest.

However, according to Project Kashmir 2, the CSC has been processing only 3,000 cases per month since April 2004, even though it has been improved, comparing to FY2003 and the first half of FY2004.
For cases with ND of February, March, April, and May 2002, the CSC has processed only 30% including transfers, although the JIT is 5/15/2002 now.

The JIT might be moving forward by one month biweekly, and we may continue seeing several approvals everyday.
However, in order for you to get approved, you must be one of 30% of lucky applicants.

I strongly believe that we should not be satisfied with the current I-485 processing at the CSC.
Also, I don't recommend you just to hope that your approval would happen tomorrow or at longest within a couple of months.

I plan to start a fax campaign next week.
Plese post your opinion.

I sent e-mail to Immigration Services Ombusman and I got the following response from them. ( My case: WAC02084****)

RE: *****, OIMS-****-****-****

Thank you for your inquiry.

Based upon the information you provided, a formal inquiry has been initiated with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). USCIS should simultaneously issue a response to you and this office within forty five (45) days. If a response is not received within the given timeframe, this office will follow-up with USCIS to determine the reason for delay.

Please be advised that the U.S Postal Service (USPS) does not forward USCIS mail, even if you have provided USPS notification of your address change. Therefore, in order to receive any related correspondence, it is critical that you provide USCIS your current mailing address. You can verify and/or update your mailing address by calling the USCIS National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I recognize the frustration you and others experience with existing immigration processes. Under the Homeland Security Act, the Office of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CIS Ombudsman) was instituted specifically to assist USCIS customers in resolving issues, to identify problem areas in the immigration process, and to propose changes to USCIS administrative practices. Within the past months, the CIS Ombudsman has made substantial strides to that end, and most recently was sufficiently staffed to respond to public inquiries, such as yours.

In an effort to prevent continual recurrence of your reported issue in the immigration process, please be assured that your concerns have been noted and will be incorporated as appropriate into recommendations aimed at enhancing USCIS administrative practices.

Again, thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Sincerely,

kashmir said:
The JIT might be moving forward by one month biweekly, and we may continue seeing several approvals everyday.
However, in order for you to get approved, you must be one of 30% of lucky applicants.
I totally agree with you Kashmir and am willing to participate in your campaign. Thanks so much for doing this.

I agree with Kashmir's opinion. We need to expose this "false" JIT movement. I will join your campaign. I think we should send faxes to Prakash Khatri since he is the ombudsman to complain about this fact.

Agree!

I think every Jan/Feb/Mar/April filer in this forum would agree with this idea, it is what we need the most right now, and it will benefit all applicants by pushing CSC to do better work and make solid progress. Your work for this community is much appreciated and respected, you stick around helping others even though your case have been approved.

I suggest put this in a new separate thread, so viewers will pay more attention. The more supporter we got the stronger we are.

Two E-Mail/Fax Campaigns Next Week

I propose starting two campaigns next week as follows:

1) E-Mail Camaign to CIS Ombudsman Khatri to claim UNFAIRNESS on I-485 processing at the CSC
We had a great success at our previous campaign #8b Nominate Don Neufeld for Ombudsman's Annual Report to Congress.

2) Fax Campaign to Congresspersons for Appreciation and ...
44 Congressional members wrote to USCIS Director Eduardo Aguirre on 6/15/2004.
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=99973&page=31&pp=15#post817412

I will take the initiative for #2, so I'd like somebody to take the initiative for #1.

You can find the list of our major campaigns at:
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=85662#post714068

Can somebody take the initiative for #1 campaign ?

I have udpated a couple of tables at Project Kashmir2 thread:
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=125537&page=11&pp=15#post825170
kashmir said:

1) E-Mail Camaign to CIS Ombudsman Khatri to claim UNFAIRNESS on I-485 processing at the CSC
We had a great success at our previous campaign #8b Nominate Don Neufeld for Ombudsman's Annual Report to Congress.

I will take the initiative for #2, so I'd like somebody to take the initiative for #1.

Two E-Mail/Fax Campaigns This Week

We started two campaings : Please participate in these campaigns.
kashmir said: