• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

OC DV lottery 2024

Thanks for that @Sm1smom, apologies abot the USCIS confusion.
However, in regards to my question... OC has always received approx 500-750 visas (with the exception of dv2022), and judging by the fact that they have suddenly selected a lot more people from Fiji for example, could they (they being the US government or whoever decides on how many selectees per country, caps etc), have possibly decided to allocate more visas to the OC region in general? as long as a single OC nation doesn't surpass the 7% cap (which according to the selectee numbers by country for dv2024, no OC country is anywhere near that 7% cap).
So instead of the usual 500-750, is there any chance that OC could potentially get, say, 1200 visas? and reduce the allocation to another region for example? I'm just trying to find some kind of explanation as to why there is 77% increase in selectees in our region if they are not planning on giving OC more visas, it just seems really strange.
As Mom has already said, there is no possible way that the quota for OC has increased in a way to justify the 77% increase in selectees. The quotas are calculated based on a formula that we know. We have the data and have models of the formula. It hasn't changed. They may have assumed that Fiji selectees will not process or be refused in large numbers, but that doesn't seem likely.

Hello every,

I am creating this thread on behalf of my girlfriend who is a winner in DV 2024 for OC region with the case number around 4700.

I have previously followed this forum and britsimon on YouTube to understand things better and it helped me a lot. (Winner in DV 2022 OC region currently in USA)

My main purpose to create this thread was so that everyone based in OC region can come forward and update their respective status so that everyone is technically updated on what’s going on.

Thanks
wow, so greate. Every project makes a real difference to lives and communities across the world. Different types of grants fund different types of projects

Hi all! I have a 26xx CN for OC. Feeling very anxious that it’s just before the cut off like DV2023. Hope there are lots of holes

Hi all! I have a 26xx CN for OC. Feeling very anxious that it’s just before the cut off like DV2023. Hope there are lots of holes
Using a max case number of 4900 as an assumed highest case number selected, the case density for OC is a little higher than in DV2023. So - your hope would be for less people to respond, less get approved and so on.

Not much of a jump in numbers for the Visa Bulletin this month … frustrating when there are so many high case numbers.

Not much of a jump in numbers for the Visa Bulletin this month … frustrating when there are so many high case numbers.
Yes, I know. Seems to be tracking 75 down in case numbers from the last two years but I believe BritSimon said not to pay too much attention to the first few months of the visa bulletin.

I thought there would be more "holes" in Oceania with the high case numbers so maybe it will move quicker in upcoming months. Some of the other regions didn't progress much either.

Yes, I know. Seems to be tracking 75 down in case numbers from the last two years but I believe BritSimon said not to pay too much attention to the first few months of the visa bulletin.

I thought there would be more "holes" in Oceania with the high case numbers so maybe it will move quicker in upcoming months. Some of the other regions didn't progress much either.

I was hoping there would be more holes,but the selectee numbers show that the holes rate is probably similar to dv2023. The increase in selectee numbers (77%) means high case numbers won't get a chance.

I was hoping there would be more holes,but the selectee numbers show that the holes rate is probably similar to dv2023. The increase in selectee numbers (77%) means high case numbers won't get a chance.
Yep, I’m pretty much writing off our CN20XX…. After the 2021 Sydney embassy shutdown which cancelled our last appointment and this time with the excess numbers I think it’s not meant to be … we’ll try for 2025 but we were lucky to have two bites at the cherry. Three might be pushing it

Yep, I’m pretty much writing off our CN20XX…. After the 2021 Sydney embassy shutdown which cancelled our last appointment and this time with the excess numbers I think it’s not meant to be … we’ll try for 2025 but we were lucky to have two bites at the cherry. Three might be pushing it
Wishing you luck! Don't give up hope, a CN of 20xx is right in the middle so you never know what's going to happen over the next year. Remain cautiously hopeful and be prepared to move fast if your CN becomes current. I would be gathering all the documentation you need ahead of time (but hold off on anything which costs money until closer to the time).

Well 2024OC20XX might be in with a chance, but yes re-enter DV2025. The chance of selection in OC region is very high compared to other regions, so third time would not be a total shock.

Well 2024OC20XX might be in with a chance, but yes re-enter DV2025. The chance of selection in OC region is very high compared to other regions, so third time would not be a total shock.
That is so true.. over the years i have seen multiple family members and close friends that have won the lottery including my brother. One cousin actually won it twice, now my family and i have won 2024.

I got selected with a CN of OC41XX, haven't filled in the DS260 yet, still hesitant to do it since I don't seem to have a chance, any ideas?

I got selected with a CN of OC41XX, haven't filled in the DS260 yet, still hesitant to do it since I don't seem to have a chance, any ideas?
Yeh that's tough because I think CN of 41xx has a slim chance of becoming current.

If you are unsuccessful in obtaining a green card through DV, are you still looking to come to the US on a non-immigrant visa? Do you have job opportunities that you're looking into it? If so, I would be hesitant of submitting the DS260 because then you've shown intent to immigrant and they might deny you a non-immigrant visa.

I think it all depends on what you're looking to achieve if the DV lottery isn't successful for you.

Yeh that's tough because I think CN of 41xx has a slim chance of becoming current.

If you are unsuccessful in obtaining a green card through DV, are you still looking to come to the US on a non-immigrant visa? Do you have job opportunities that you're looking into it? If so, I would be hesitant of submitting the DS260 because then you've shown intent to immigrant and they might deny you a non-immigrant visa.

I think it all depends on what you're looking to achieve if the DV lottery isn't successful for you.
Nothing right now, but I would like to keep the opportunity open for future. Will it still become a problem for non-immigrant visa's just the fact that I have won this year but not pursued it further?

Nothing right now, but I would like to keep the opportunity open for future. Will it still become a problem for non-immigrant visa's just the fact that I have won this year but not pursued it further?
No I don't believe that will be a problem.

At this stage the government doesn't know you have an interest in immigrating, it's only once you submit the DS-260.