• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

OC DV lottery 2024

Hi guys, Does anyone know for sure what the minimum education qualification/requirement is for Fiji? Is it Form 6 or Form 7?

I'm still going to be interviewed, but that was a hard one to research. We are in Brazil, my husband's family in Samoa accidentally misplaced his original certificate so we got a letter from the Samoan Dept of education to say that he got his PSSC certificate and had the letter shipped over here. That might be a good idea as a supporting document if you have your certificate in hands.

BUT more to your question, it is about how many years of school you completed. for example, US has 12 years of school, and PSSC has 13 years of school, so I believe it should be sufficient. Unless someone here can give a reason why they would deny a PSSC certificate. In my research I haven't been able to find a reason for them to deny the PSSC... please let us know if anyone here has been denied before.

Also I did some research on US University websites, this was really hard to find :confused:, but a handful of them have lists of equivalent certifications that would be acceptable to them from other countries. I found PSSC on 2 sites I believe. I believe one of them was the NCAA, National collegiate Athletic Association and another was for a university in Texas. They had put the required equivalency at GCE O-levels / Secondary School Certificate / Pacific Senior Secondary Certificate / Solomon Islands School Certificate. I printed those out a while back and I'm taking it with me just in case.

The idea of proving that you have a High School Equivalent is for the purpose of knowing if you have what you need to grow there in the US. Both job wise and education if you choose to pursue it. Because you would need that minimum to get established there in the US.

I know yours is Fiji but hopefully this might be a little helpful. Good luck

I had asked this question in the past. Above is the response i got.

Last edited:
Bula Vinaka Every one

Im DV 24 selectee .Already issued with visa. My interview was early October and im travelling to USA end of December.Case number below 60.

All the best
Congratulations... Can you please share what documents did you provide for Education proof (example school certificate?)?

Hello Oceania selectees

i just want to share my experience.

i was a DV 23 selectee as well with a CN 1887.since i came to know im a selectee i joined the dv 23 Oceania forum and with help of Britsimon i gained a alot of information iro Green card and broaden my knowledge. i was advised at 1st that my number was high....not that high but still little risky. considering that i applied for DV 2024 and got very lucky again with a very low number.

September 2023 i got current with dv 23 case number. with my family of 4 we had all logistics done and successfully completed the interview. we were verbally approved for visa and told the visa will be stamped and issued in September . ( initially interview was on 10th September whilst the embassy moved forward our interview on 10th August) we had to rush to meet the requirements on time.

we had a very very long 1 month of wait....to finally come to know that visa wont be issued since the dv 23 fiscal year ended on 7th September due to exhaustion of visas and our visas along with many other Oceania selectees already been approved wont be issued with visas.

I had almost spent 7k and didn't knew whom to blame for the loss.

our Passport was kept with Embassy for close to 7 weeks.

Luckily i had also applied for Dv 24 and received a low case number.

i was scheduled for interview right away in the 1st week of October after getting the bad news for dv 23.

AND WITH GODS GRACE WE FINALLY RECEIVED THE VISAS. THE SAME DOCUMENTS FROM DV 23 WAS USED BUT WE HAD TO PAY ANOTHER FEE FOR ATTENDING THE INTERVIEW.

My point is never lose hope and keep your options open.
Listen to the experts advises such as britsimon, someones mom, xarthisius and you will never go wrong.

Im sharing this not to scare anyone but to make you understand the processes. scenarios' and cases will differ but this was my experience in my DV Journey

Thank you

Congratulations... Can you please share what documents did you provide for Education proof (example school certificate?)?
Thank you

I took all my school qualification being the main applicant .the requirement however was year 12 school pass.(thats form 6). im a graduate hence they only sighted my highest level of certificate.

recommendation: take all your documents so that you dont fall short when its is required or asked for.

Wooooow.... Amazing stuff. I remember reading your comments from dv2023 forum. Congrats to you and your family. Thanks for sharing.

Hello Oceania selectees

i was a DV 23 selectee as well with a CN 1887.since i came to know im a selectee i joined the dv 23 Oceania forum and with help of Britsimon i gained a alot of information iro Green card and broaden my knowledge. i was advised at 1st that my number was high....not that high but still little risky. considering that i applied for DV 2024 and got very lucky again with a very low number.

September 2023 i got current with dv 23 case number. with my family of 4 we had all logistics done and successfully completed the interview. we were verbally approved for visa and told the visa will be stamped and issued in September . ( initially interview was on 10th September whilst the embassy moved forward our interview on 10th August) we had to rush to meet the requirements on time.

we had a very very long 1 month of wait....to finally come to know that visa wont be issued since the dv 23 fiscal year ended on 7th September due to exhaustion of visas and our visas along with many other Oceania selectees already been approved wont be issued with visas.

i was scheduled for interview right away in the 1st week of October after getting the bad news for dv 23.

AND WITH GODS GRACE WE FINALLY RECEIVED THE VISAS. THE SAME DOCUMENTS FROM DV 23 WAS USED BUT WE HAD TO PAY ANOTHER FEE FOR ATTENDING THE INTERVIEW.

Listen to the experts advises such as britsimon, someones mom, xarthisius and you will never go wrong.

Im sharing this not to scare anyone but to make you understand the processes. scenarios' and cases will differ but this was my experience in my DV Journey

Thank you
Oh wow! What an amazing outcome. Congratulations and thanks for updating the forum.

Hello Oceania selectees

Thank you
Congratulations - you must be thrilled with the outcome. Two years in a row being lucky enough to win and then getting a case number below 60!!

At any time, did you think not to proceed with the DV23 application and just do the DV24 with your lower case number? I'm just wondering if you'd already started the process for DV23 before the DV24 announcement came out.

Congratulations - you must be thrilled with the outcome. Two years in a row being lucky enough to win and then getting a case number below 60!!

At any time, did you think not to proceed with the DV23 application and just do the DV24 with your lower case number? I'm just wondering if you'd already started the process for DV23 before the DV24 announcement came out.

Greetings

Definitely No. knowing dv 23 case number was high i still wanted to proceed with it. The sooner the better. No i did not started the with the process for Dv23 as my number did not get current untill the september visa bulletine was announced. In May i received the result for Dv 24 and was quite hopeful if Dv 23 will not work...i still had Dv 24 to try with since i was sure it will get current in the beginning of the fiscal year . Dv23 was all good too but problem was visas finished before the expected date 30th september.

Greetings

Definitely No. knowing dv 23 case number was high i still wanted to proceed with it. The sooner the better. No i did not started the with the process for Dv23 as my number did not get current untill the september visa bulletine was announced. In May i received the result for Dv 24 and was quite hopeful if Dv 23 will not work...i still had Dv 24 to try with since i was sure it will get current in the beginning of the fiscal year . Dv23 was all good too but problem was visas finished before the expected date 30th september.
Thanks for responding.

Sorry that you went through so much stress and expenditure, but what a great result for you in the end.

Hello Oceania selectees

Thank you
Wow - that's an amazing roller coaster ride!

Wow - that's an amazing roller coaster ride!
yes sir quite alot of emotions and pains associated with it but the wait was worthwhile at the end.i take this opportunity to thank you for responding to all my querries and questions...it guided me and provided strength/support to me to look forward with hopes still on untill the visa was received.
keep up with sharing your knowledge and keep growing.

May god always bless you.