• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

OC DV lottery 2024

Rk2022

Hello every,

I am creating this thread on behalf of my girlfriend who is a winner in DV 2024 for OC region with the case number around 4700.

I have previously followed this forum and britsimon on YouTube to understand things better and it helped me a lot. (Winner in DV 2022 OC region currently in USA)

My main purpose to create this thread was so that everyone based in OC region can come forward and update their respective status so that everyone is technically updated on what’s going on.

Thanks

Oc is a small region and should go current in the later stages but looking at the dv2023 currently with the latest VB the cut off for July is 1650 and just 2 months to go. So let’s see how it goes and in the mean time I would recommend to submit the DS260 regardless of the case number as when the region goes current they would follow date of submission of DS260 and not the case number. And also follow britsimon on YouTube for the latest updates. Thanks

Oc is a small region and should go current in the later stages but looking at the dv2023 currently with the latest VB the cut off for July is 1650 and just 2 months to go. So let’s see how it goes and in the mean time I would recommend to submit the DS260 regardless of the case number as when the region goes current they would follow date of submission of DS260 and not the case number. And also follow britsimon on YouTube for the latest updates. Thanks
Thanks for the advice. I'm currently in the US for a holiday and the DS260 is definitely on my list of things to do when I'm back this wkd. No chance of figuring out all the required info on the road.

Hey, a CN of 41xx for me so not holding high hopes at this stage. I guess its just a waiting game till we get the full numbers in the next couple of months
Hi and congratulations. Yes, it’s rather bitter sweet. I have my case number in 4Xxx for OC

Hello every,

I am creating this thread on behalf of my girlfriend who is a winner in DV 2024 for OC region with the case number around 4700.

I have previously followed this forum and britsimon on YouTube to understand things better and it helped me a lot. (Winner in DV 2022 OC region currently in USA)

My main purpose to create this thread was so that everyone based in OC region can come forward and update their respective status so that everyone is technically updated on what’s going on.

Thanks
Congratulations on winning and 4700 sounds like record for OC. I’ve also landed a CN in 4XXX and it is a waiting game until we get final numbers. I bet the no passport requirement during entry is possibly giving inflated case numbers with high “holes” ratio?
Plus Oceania isn’t the only region this year with shockingly high CN. Africa and EU are all displaying similar trend. Hope for the best!

Congratulations on winning and 4700 sounds like record for OC. I’ve also landed a CN in 4XXX and it is a waiting game until we get final numbers. I bet the no passport requirement during entry is possibly giving inflated case numbers with high “holes” ratio?
Plus Oceania isn’t the only region this year with shockingly high CN. Africa and EU are all displaying similar trend. Hope for the best!
Congrats everyone. I also have a high CN in 4XXX. Agree with you, did hear about the holes ratio by britsimon. Will have a clear idea once the total number of selectees for DV2024 comes out later this year in the visa bulletin. Hopefully we are all in contention.

Hopefully only a month or 2 until we see how many were selected for DV2024

With the high case numbers this year, I'm curious to know what the highest OC number any of you have seen or heard so far?
Around 4960 is the highest Ive seen.

Where did you read the information about DS260 submission date being used for the order of processing?

We will likely be doing AOS so holding off on submitting DS260 so we don’t jeopardize our current E3 until we get closer to our CN becoming current.

Hopefully only a month or 2 until we see how many were selected for DV2024

With the high case numbers this year, I'm curious to know what the highest OC number any of you have seen or heard so far?
Around 4960 is the highest Ive seen.
Hi, i won the DV thing as well and have high case number as 4***. How did you get the figure of the highest case number as 4960?
I also wanted to know like has it ever happened that all DV winner who met the criteria and filled DS 260 got the chance for interview ? Regardless of their high case number...

And if we all are Oceania winners than we shall create a group on IG or add each other on IG...
My IG Id is kiara_prasad

Hi, i won the DV thing as well and have high case number as 4***. How did you get the figure of the highest case number as 4960?
I also wanted to know like has it ever happened that all DV winner who met the criteria and filled DS 260 got the chance for interview ? Regardless of their high case number...

And if we all are Oceania winners than we shall create a group on IG or add each other on IG...
My IG Id is kiara_prasad
That case number was just the highest I'd seen anyone mention online. Its not official.
It's not long now to wait till final selectee numbers so we'll have the next piece of the puzzle soon. Good luck!

My IG Id is kiara_prasad
What is wrong with OC selectees meeting on this thread where you can readily get support from others? Why the need for an IG group?

Where did you read the information about DS260 submission date being used for the order of processing?

We will likely be doing AOS so holding off on submitting DS260 so we don’t jeopardize our current E3 until we get closer to our CN becoming current.

Since you are doing AOS, the DS260 submission is optional (though recommended at some point), but does not affect your processing timeline.

For CP cases, DS260s are opened (started to be processed, but not necessarily completed) in submission date order.

Since you are doing AOS, the DS260 submission is optional (though recommended at some point), but does not affect your processing timeline.

For CP cases, DS260s are opened (started to be processed, but not necessarily completed) in submission date order.
Great, thank you for that clarification.

I’ve heard of a lot of case numbers in the OC 2000 -4900 range …. Does anyone have a case number under OC 2000? Would they start the case numbers at 2000 for example? I’m sure all will be revealed soon, just curious.

I’ve heard of a lot of case numbers in the OC 2000 -4900 range …. Does anyone have a case number under OC 2000? Would they start the case numbers at 2000 for example? I’m sure all will be revealed soon, just curious.
My case number is OC16xx.

I believe they start the numbers at 001. However there are holes in the range of numbers due to ineligiblity. BritSimon has a good video on YT explaining it all.

What case number did you get?

My case number is OC16xx.

I believe they start the numbers at 001. However there are holes in the range of numbers due to ineligiblity. BritSimon has a good video on YT explaining it all.

What case number did you get?
My number is OC20xx… not overly confident

I have heard the full range of case numbers up to about 48XX. I had ONE case reported at 68XX, but I suspect that is a misunderstanding. I say that because there have been no cases reported between 48XX and that 68XX. German tank theory makes me dubious.

But yeah - it is clear to me that something caused an increase in holes, but we won't know how many until we see the selectees, which will be published in the next VB (within in a week or two) or the one after that.