NSC / St. Paul ( MN) timeline

Did anyone recieve Oath letter for Interview After August 21st 2007

PD May 8th 2007
FP June 28th 2007
ID Aug 21st 2007
Oath Letter Waiting.

Interview experiance was very cool and the officer was very very cool.
1. He will make u raise right hand and swear to tell the truth nothing but truth.
2. He asked all he needed was the Passport, Licence and Greencard.
3. Then he asked if everything in the application was still the same I said yes and I requested IO to correct some info on my application I had my sons date of birth wrong he laughed on the future date and changed it . It is a good Idea to review your application before u go to the Interview.
4. He asked me if I ever had a contact with police officer I replied yes because I had 3 speeding tickets asked if the fines were pending I said yes and the IO made a note on the app. I said no on the app for question if I was cited. He said they understand as this qestions were confusing and said USCIS is working on changing the app.
5. He then again asks me when he said contact with police officer means if I was hand cuffed or taken away in police car I said no. But I think you should still mention the tickets at the time of the interview because I saw he made note of it on application.
6. Made me write a sentance in english
7. Made me read a sentance in english.
8. Asked me the 10 qestions from the civic book given at the time of FP. Got all of them correct very easy qestions.
9. IO said you passed the test and gave me a form which said you are recomended for approval.
10. the whole process took us like 15 minutes in the IO room.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the MSP thread - Tom&Jerry and Sree_Pillai:)

Do you guys want to write up your interview experience for the benefit of others who will follow you guys?

thanks!

PS: It is strange that some one who got ID on 20th August got oath but not you guys. The next ceremony is on 20th September at the convention center. If you miss this, the next one is 10th October in Minneapolis.

PD May 8th 2007
FP June 28th 2007
ID Aug 21st 2007
Oath Letter Waiting.

Hi Brb2 I have updated my case.

PD May 8th 2007
FP June 28th 2007
ID Aug 21st 2007
Oath Letter Waiting.

1. He will make u raise right hand and swear to tell the truth nothing but truth.
2. He asked all he needed was the Passport, Licence and Green Card
3. Then he asked if everything in the application was still the same I said yes and I requested IO to correct some info on my application I had my sons date of birth wrong he laughed on the future date and changed it . It is a good Idea to review your application before u go to the Interview.
4. He asked me if I ever had a contact with police officer I replied yes because I had 3 speeding tickets asked if the fines were pending I said yes and the IO made a note on the app. I said no on the app for question if I was cited. He said they understand as this qestions were confusing and said USCIS is working on changing the app.
5. He then again asks me when he said contact with police officer means if I was hand cuffed or taken away in police car I said no. But I think you should still mention the tickets at the time of the interview because I saw he made note of it on application.
8. Asked me the 10 qestions from the civic book given at the time of FP. Got all of them correct very easy qestions.
9. IO said you passed the test and gave me a form which said you are recomended for approval.

I envy you all in Minnesota, your applications run at lightning speeds :) :) :) good for you! Our applications in Michigan take a little longer (not complaining at all, since it all went fairly quickly).
----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/16/07 N-400 sent to NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
03/23/07 Notice of Action letter received
03/23/07 FP letter received
04/12/07 FP done
09/19/07 Interview Appointment :) (Notice date July 13)

thanks Tom&Jerry for the very detailed account of your experience. I hope you get your oath letter soon!

Hi Brb2 I have updated my case.

PD May 8th 2007
FP June 28th 2007
ID Aug 21st 2007
Oath Letter Waiting.

2. He asked all he needed was the Passport, Licence and Green Card

Well, there are some advantages to living in this frozen tundra - where average low temperatures 6 months of the year is 32F or less:) Advantages being - not much competition for jobs, and ofcourse not too many immigrants coming north. Quick immigration process is another benefit.

That said Michigan is not too slow either. On the immihelp tracker a user by the screen name of qqpp has a PD of June and got interview for September.

http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/citizenship-tracker.do

I envy you all in Minnesota, your applications run at lightning speeds :) :) :) good for you! Our applications in Michigan take a little longer (not complaining at all, since it all went fairly quickly).
----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
04/12/07 FP done

Recieved Oath Letter on Sep 7th2007

PD May 8th 2007
FP June 28th 2007
ID Aug 21st 2007
Sep 6th 2007 recievedoath Letter
Sep 20th Oath Ceremony at Convention Center
Thank You all will keep u posted with ceremony details and passport.

Stuck in St Paul N-400 (name check)

Well not exactly.

My PD was Dec 4 2006 and FP was on Jan 27. Haven't heard anything since then.

Anyone else stuck in name check around the same dates?

InfoPass etc yield the usual canned response "you are in the name check process" which isn't any helpful.

Pavan

----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
03/20/07 Priority Date
04/12/07 FP done

Pavan, the files do not come to St. Paul from NSC until the name check is cleared.

I suggest that you apply for FOIA, write to Laura Bush, and Norm Colman. You can also start following the WOM thread because the name check process could take anywhere from an additional day to several years. Once one knows they are stuck in name check, then one needs to be proactive and be ready to file WOM. Hoping that some magic will happen is a risky strategy. The name check process is the single most reason why otherwise law abiding naturalizations are delayed. Have you had any tiffs with the law at all?

Name check woes

I'm thinking of doing some or all of those. No tiffs with the law. Just a traffic ticket in 2005 which was paid in time.

Do you think WOM will matter if the IL has not been received? These days, the IL is not sent until the name check is cleared. This is done, I guess to present the lawsuits.

AP

Pavan, the files do not come to St. Paul from NSC until the name check is cleared.

I suggest that you apply for FOIA, write to Laura Bush, and Norm Colman. You can also start following the WOM thread because the name check process could take anywhere from an additional day to several years. Once one knows they are stuck in name check, then one needs to be proactive and be ready to file WOM. Hoping that some magic will happen is a risky strategy. The name check process is the single most reason why otherwise law abiding naturalizations are delayed. Have you had any tiffs with the law at all?

Oath Completed at Convention Center

Finally had the oath at the Minneapolis Convention Center today (Sep 20).

Over a 1000 people got citizenship today. Largest numbers from Somalia followed by Laos, Vietnam, India, Mexico, Korea and China.

Off to the passport office now.

Attended Oath at convention center

4 months 12 days not bad at all
PD May 8th 2007
FP June 28th 2007
ID Aug 21st 2007
Sep 6th 2007 recieved oath Letter
Sep 20th Attende Oath and Certificate recieved
Sep 20th Applied passport expedited

Congratulations Tom&Jerry and ItEngineer!
St. Paul local office continues to outshine all USCIS offices in terms of processing speed. Must be the mid-west work ethic:)

Hey T&J,

Did you apply for the passport at the ceremony or did you come out make notarized copies and then apply for the passport at the post office?

Any tips for the Oath ceremony?

PD May 8th 2007
FP June 28th 2007
ID Aug 21st 2007

Thanks and applied at the County office

Brb2 I applied for PP at local county office I dont know if you can apply at the convention center but they sure were giving the pp apps and there it was very crowded 1180 new citzens. What I did was I filled the PP app online printed it and took it to the oath and from there drove straight to county office with the certificate. I just made regular photocopies and gave the original with PP app.
Tips for Oath is if the oath is in downtown leave very early if it is the rush hour.

PD May 8th 2007
FP June 28th 2007
ID Aug 21st 2007

Tom&Jerry

How is your passport application coming along? Can you see your PP case status on-line now?

Brb2 I applied for PP at local county office I dont know if you can apply at the convention center but they sure were giving the pp apps and there it was very crowded 1180 new citzens. What I did was I filled the PP app online printed it and took it to the oath and from there drove straight to county office with the certificate. I just made regular photocopies and gave the original with PP app.
Tips for Oath is if the oath is in downtown leave very early if it is the rush hour.

PD May 8th 2007
FP June 28th 2007
ID Aug 21st 2007

man you wont belive this me and my wife applied PP expidited overnite on 9/20 my wife recieved PP on 10/2/07 from colorado and no news on mine yet. on 9/25 my online status was showing that app was recieved and that I had requested expedited service and is being processed here is the twist on 10/1/07 the status was showing that app was recieved and that I requested routine service and being processed little concerned I called customer service and they tell me that sometimes the online status is wrong and not to worry ok so I hangup. I checked the online status today it atleast shows that it is being processed in expidited and being processed. I did not call the customer service today because I don't want them to get mad at me.

T&J thanks for the update. You should be receiving your passport anyday now. Please let us know where you passport came from (Colorado/Chicago?)
man you wont belive this me and my wife applied PP expidited overnite on 9/20 my wife recieved PP on 10/2/07 from colorado and no news on mine yet. on 9/25 my online status was showing that app was recieved and that I had requested expedited service and is being processed here is the twist on 10/1/07 the status was showing that app was recieved and that I requested routine service and being processed little concerned I called customer service and they tell me that sometimes the online status is wrong and not to worry ok so I hangup. I checked the online status today it atleast shows that it is being processed in expidited and being processed. I did not call the customer service today because I don't want them to get mad at me.

Applied for passport(Expedite) - 9/21/2007
Received Passport via Priority Mail -10/2/2007

:D:D

Time to apply for the PIO. (thinking for getting PIO rather than OCI) since processing time for the OCI appears to be very slow. Also, chicago has stopped all OCI applications.