ID - 1/25/07 - approved
OD - 4/11/07
Passport applied - 4/18/07
Passport Recd - 4/30/07
----------------------
OK Finally feel like it is final! :)

Still need to inform SSA.

Lost passport

I lost my current passport. Will this be a problem at the naturalization interview? Has anyone been in this situation

No problem for me

I was asked to produce the passport but my IO did not even look into it. You better carry a copy of it atleast when you go to the interview. But, I think you need one when you apply for US passport. I advise you to get one from your country's passport office (usually there will be one in Chicago).

Thanks.
Ven

St Paul timeline question - applies Dec 4

Here's my status for the N-400:

D.O.: St. Paul (applied to the NSC)

PD: Dec 4, 2006
FP: Jan 24, 2007

Since then, no communication.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

The uscis site says the processing date has moved up to Sep 12 (posted on April 18) and I'm expecting the processing date should move up to Oct 12 by May 18 (which is around when I expect them to update their website).

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. How much longer should I wait for my Interview Date before getting worried?

Thanks.

AP

Going by St. Paul office's historic time line, your case is very likely delayed due to name check. I suggest you take an info pass appointment at the bloomington office and find out the status.

Here's my status for the N-400:

D.O.: St. Paul (applied to the NSC)

PD: Dec 4, 2006
FP: Jan 24, 2007

Since then, no communication.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

The uscis site says the processing date has moved up to Sep 12 (posted on April 18) and I'm expecting the processing date should move up to Oct 12 by May 18 (which is around when I expect them to update their website).

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. How much longer should I wait for my Interview Date before getting worried?

Thanks.

AP

St Paul timeline question - applied Dec 4

Going by St. Paul office's historic time line, your case is very likely delayed due to name check. I suggest you take an info pass appointment at the bloomington office and find out the status.

Yeah - been there, done that!

Got the canned response - name check in progress - will take 1-2 years.

It takes 1-2 years?

AP

I just passed the interview last week after a year wait for the interview letter.

PD: May 2006
FD: July 2006
ID: May 2007
OD: Waiting

Just for your information !!!

Congratulations!
Were you stuck in name check? If so did you do an Info pass appointment or use congressman's help?
I just passed the interview last week after a year wait for the interview letter.

PD: May 2006
FD: July 2006
ID: May 2007
OD: Waiting

Just for your information !!!

Tabaliya, are you from a middle eastern background or Indian/Chinese (who have lots of common names and hence more chances for "hits" during name checks. The time depends on person to person. Here are quotes from a FBI presentation to Congress in 2003:

http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress03/hardy102303.htm

1. Approximately 85% of name checks are electronically returned as having "No Record" within 72 hours. A "No Record" indicates that the FBI's Central Records System contains no identifiable information regarding this individual.
2. Because a name and birth date are not sufficient to positively correlate the file with an individual, additional review is required. A secondary manual name search usually identifies an additional 10% of the requests as having a "No Record", for a 95% overall "No Record" response rate

3. The remaining 5% are identified as possibly being the subject of an FBI record. The FBI record must now be retrieved and reviewed. If the records were electronically uploaded into the FBI Automated Case Support (ACS) electronic record-keeping system, it can be viewed quickly. If not, the relevant information must be retrieved from the existing paper record. Review of this information will determine whether the information is identified with the subject of the request. If not, the request is closed as a "No Record."

Good luck!

Yeah - been there, done that!

Got the canned response - name check in progress - will take 1-2 years.

It takes 1-2 years?

AP

Received my oath letter.

I received my oath letter on 06/07/2007. My oath is on 06/25/2007

Hi SpeedyGonzales

I am right behind you:) Don't forget to share you story with me!

Yes, 3 months is real fast for NSC/St. Paul DO. The unknown factor is the dreaded name check. Which means, USCIS is doing a good job, because they are really not responsible for delays in name check.
Good luck and do update the thread when there is progress.

3 months from start to finish? You are a lucky dude! Buy the lottery next time. And don't forget to share your story

Hi ISN

Congratulations on your speedy processing.
Did you have any issues when you did a walk-in? Did you have to plead with the guard or the counter clerk to do an early FP? Please let us know your experience.
thanks!
I received my oath letter on 06/07/2007. My oath is on 06/25/2007

Hi ISN

Congratulations on your speedy processing.
Did you have any issues when you did a walk-in? Did you have to plead with the guard or the counter clerk to do an early FP? Please let us know your experience.
thanks!

There was a snow storm predicted the day I was scheduled for FP so I went in 2 days earlier and told them I would like to do the FP early since there is a snow storm, the officer accepted my request. Wednesdays are open days I guess I went on a Wednesday and in the afternoons there is hardly anyone, so if you want to try early FP try on a Wednesday afternoon.

Thanks for the tip ISN. Appreciate it very much:)

How did you find out that Wednesdays are open days?

There was a snow storm predicted the day I was scheduled for FP so I went in 2 days earlier and told them I would like to do the FP early since there is a snow storm, the officer accepted my request. Wednesdays are open days I guess I went on a Wednesday and in the afternoons there is hardly anyone, so if you want to try early FP try on a Wednesday afternoon.

Thanks for the tip ISN. Appreciate it very much:)

How did you find out that Wednesdays are open days?

One of my friends spoke to the Minneapolis FP office and they mentioned that Wednesdays are walk-ins.

Wow... a ceremony in Rochester!

Is this the first time that hold a Ceremony in RST?
I have been working at IXX in Rochester for 13 years,
and all of my "Alien Fellows" went to MSP for the ceremony before,
including myself.

Congrats!

Is this the first time that hold a Ceremony in RST?
I have been working at IXX in Rochester for 13 years,
and all of my "Alien Fellows" went to MSP for the ceremony before,
including myself.

Congrats!

They had one last year (2006), I made a request to the interviewing officer to accommodate me in the Rochester MN ceremony if possible he said he will put a request but that is not guaranteed. Luckily I got the letter stating that I have to attend the Rochester MN ceremony.