NSC / St. Paul ( MN) timeline

I applied after I completed my 5 years of GC.

thanks.
How many days before did you apply?
I am going overseas on a work related trip and am thinking of having my wife mail my application however, my signing date would be over 90 days. So, I am in a sort of a conundrum wondering what to do. USCIS is not clear about the 90 days, whether it is mailing the application or signing the application date.

thanks.
How many days before did you apply?
I am going overseas on a work related trip and am thinking of having my wife mail my application however, my signing date would be over 90 days. So, I am in a sort of a conundrum wondering what to do. USCIS is not clear about the 90 days, whether it is mailing the application or signing the application date.

Signing date will be considered as the Priority Date so sign your application with the date that you will be mailing and then ask your wife to mail it on that date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious: Assuming all of you are Indians, what happens to our Indian passport? Do we surrender Indian passport to Indian consulate or do we get to keep it? I read some articles about the dual citizenship but not sure how far we are in that aspect?

Anyone out there who can shed some light or what they are planning to do once they get American passport(s)??

Thanks for your time.

You need to surrender it but wait till you receive the US passport(Expedited, you should receive it in 1-2 weeks). Then surrender it at the same time you apply for the PIO or the OCI. Take copies of the Indian passport of course.

passport application at oath in minneapolis

I have a trip coming up so I need to apply for the passport ASAP. Does anyone know if they accept passport application at oath ceremony in Minneapolis? It seems that certain places do that so they do not need to send in naturalization certificate mailed then. It certainly makes things easier.

Go to County's office

I left for Singapore just 7 days after Oath Ceremony.

I went to county office(in Rochester) after oath ceremony done,
filled the application form and attached copied ticket,
then sent it out via overnight mail to Seattle.

Next day, I checked on internet and knew the mail has been received,
called Passport Center to mention that I will travel overseas next week...
2 days later, I got my US passport!

Or you can make an appointment in Chicago,
you will get US passport in just few hours.

My interview experience.

I attended my Interview for citizenship at the Minneapolis D.O on April 10 2007, the whole process took around 15 minutes. I was sworn in and the officer asked me for the following documents passport, green card and driver’s license. He quizzed me with the civic questions and asked me to write a sentence in English and then I signed on the photos and the N-400 form. He gave me a document saying that I have passed the test and that he is recommending my application for approval. The officer was very polite and he made me feel very comfortable throughout the whole process.

Finnaly ... I am a citizen of USA

Happily I was naturalized today, in an fantastic oath ceremony [April 11, 2007], this forum was a good help, and very resourceful, I thank who create it or post in it or help others through it,

Here is my time line.. and be noted even though I had a very hard case, but thanks to The God, my case went through smoothly, I had name correction, date of birth correction, I have a very common name, I have been out of US in some trips, one of which last for 2 years (I waiting 4y9m after coming out of those 2 years so total 6y9m), I didn't know about Selective Service registration so I didn't register, I had a traffic ticket... with all that THANKS TO THE GOD, I AM US CITIZEN :)

MY TIME LINE
SENT TO NEBRASKA
LIVE IN MN

11/15/06 Wed = Sent my application
11/16/06 Thr = Recived by USCIS
11/16/06 Thr = Priority Date
11/28/06 Tus = Check deposited into my bank account
11/29/06 Wed = Check appears in my online bank statement - with image of the check, which in the back side you get the NOA No
12/04/06 Mon = [I-797C] Notice of Action Date
12/04/06 Mon = [I-797C] NOA Postmark date
12/07/06 Thr = [I-797C] Recived the NOA
12/08/06 Fri = Online status apears ' or thats what the last update date
12/07/06 Thr = [I-797C] Notice for FingerPrint Date
12/11/06 Mon = [I-797C] Notice for FingerPrint Postmark Date.
12/14/06 Wed = [I-797c] Notice for FingerPrint Recived
12/18/06 Mon = FingerPrint Appointment Date
01/10/07 Wed = [I-797C] Interview notice date
01/10/07 Wed = [I-797C] Postmark Date for Interview notice
01/15/07 Mon = [I-797C] Recived the Interview notice
02/14/07 Wed = Interview Date ..had to wait pass appointment for about 45
minutes.. and the Interview took about 15 minutes, very
nice and understanding clerk
04/11/07 Wed = The Oath Ceremony .

146 days ..:)

Thank you so much to everyone, it’s a great relief

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally I'm done with USCIS

I had my Oath on April 11 just like Ahm, It was a big ceremony close to 1300 ppl. Waiting in the line was longer than the time the ceremony took. I got there excatly at 9 am so it took me around an hour to make it to my seat but all went well . my process took a year cause of name check.
Anyways good luck to anyone that's in process....

Had oath ceremony with 1236 lucky new American s at the convention center on April 11. All went well except they forgot to include my name change form so I have naturalization cert with new last name but cannot get passport until I get that certificate.

---------------------
Inital app RD - 10/17/06
Returned app - did not find record of PR - 10/25/06
Resubmit app with GC copy - 10/28/06
PD - 11/06/06
FP - 11/24/06
interview notice date 12/04/06
notice rcvd 2/09/06
ID - 1/25/07 - approved
OD - 4/11/07 - Almost Done (did not get name change certificate) :)

N400 - St. Paul, MN - Application, Approval, Oath - Time Line

Wanted to share with the readers my N400 application, interview, approval and oath timeline and experience:

November 5th, 2001 - Received Permenant Residency

August 24th ,2006 - Submitted N400 with fee (90 days prior to full five years of permenant residency)

August 28th, 2006 - Priority Date (notice date of September 1st, 2006)

September 10th, 2006 - Receive Finger Print Notification (notice date of September 6th, 2006)

September 19th, 2006 - Finger Print Appointment Date (in and out in 25 minutes at the St. Paul Application Support Center)

February 20th, 2007 - Receive Interview Date (notice date of February 14th, 2007)
Interview scheduled for March 19th, 2007

March 19th, 2007 - Interview Day

The interview was scheduled at the Bloomington USCIS office. It was scheduled for 9:40 AM. I was in the waiting area at 9:30 AM. The interviwer/officer called for me at the lobby at 9:35 AM. Went to his office, and swore to tell the truth. Sat down, and went over the application details, name, address, DOB, parents name, address, etc. This took only 5 minutes. After than the interviewer asked two questions for the civic test, conculded by having me sign the document and application and then stated I was recommended for approval. I inquried if my finger print and FBI check came through. He stated that the interviews now are only being scheduled at the conclusion of the FBI name checks. Since I was called for interview I cleared the name check and background checks. Interviewer congratulated me and sent me on my way. I was out of the office and building by 9:50 AM.

March 21st, 2007 - Received notice to appear for Naturalization and Oath Ceremony

April 11th, 2007 - Oath & Naturalization ceremony held at the Minneapolis Convention Center. Check-in started at 9:00 AM. Ceremony commenced at 11:00 AM. Ceremony concluded at 12:10 PM. Approximately 1300 new individuals were naturalized.

April 13th, 2007 - Applied for US passport at USPS, requested expedited service.

The start to finish of the N400 took seven months.

N400 - St. Paul, MN - Application, Approval, Oath - Time Line

Wanted to share with the readers my N400 application, interview, approval and oath timeline and experience:

November 5th, 2001 - Received Permenant Residency

August 24th ,2006 - Submitted N400 with fee (90 days prior to full five years of permenant residency)

August 28th, 2006 - Priority Date (notice date of September 1st, 2006)

September 10th, 2006 - Receive Finger Print Notification (notice date of September 6th, 2006)

September 19th, 2006 - Finger Print Appointment Date (in and out in 25 minutes at the St. Paul Application Support Center)

February 20th, 2007 - Receive Interview Date (notice date of February 14th, 2007)
Interview scheduled for March 19th, 2007

March 19th, 2007 - Interview Day

The interview was scheduled at the Bloomington USCIS office. It was scheduled for 9:40 AM. I was in the waiting area at 9:30 AM. The interviwer/officer called for me at the lobby at 9:35 AM. Went to his office, and swore to tell the truth. Sat down, and went over the application details, name, address, DOB, parents name, address, etc. This took only 5 minutes. After than the interviewer asked two questions for the civic test, conculded by having me sign the document and application and then stated I was recommended for approval. I inquried if my finger print and FBI check came through. He stated that the interviews now are only being scheduled at the conclusion of the FBI name checks. Since I was called for interview I cleared the name check and background checks. Interviewer congratulated me and sent me on my way. I was out of the office and building by 9:50 AM.

March 21st, 2007 - Received notice to appear for Naturalization and Oath Ceremony

April 11th, 2007 - Oath & Naturalization ceremony held at the Minneapolis Convention Center. Check-in started at 9:00 AM. Ceremony commenced at 11:00 AM. Ceremony concluded at 12:10 PM. Approximately 1300 new individuals were naturalized.

April 13th, 2007 - Applied for US passport at USPS, requested expedited service.

The start to finish of the N400 took seven months.

Waiting for oath...

Applied for n-400 in December and got finger printed in Jan.
Interview date was on March 8th in Bloomington, MN and after interview, USCIS officer congratulated me for successfully completing and asked me to wait for letter for oath ceremony. I have not received N-445 & oath ceremony letter.

Is there a number to call USCIS?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

USCIS contact info needed

Applied for n-400 in December 2006
got finger printed in Jan 2007
Interview date was on March 8th in Bloomington, MN and after interview, USCIS officer congratulated me for successfully completing and asked me to wait for letter for oath ceremony. I have not received N-445 & oath ceremony letter.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Want to post your interview experience for the benefit of others who are yet to be interviewed in Bloomington?

thanks.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Interview was very cool

The immigration officer was very friendly. The introduction and swearing took 2 min, verified name, DOB, A#, Out of country dates, Last residences and all the entries of N-400 are verified. Then I was asked to write a simple sentence in English. Then had to take civic test and cleared first 6. Then, the officer gave my result that I passed and gave me an approval letter recommending me. Asked me to wait for oath ceremony letter. It was very nice experience. I am waiting for oath letter since March 08, 2007. Thanks.

Thanks Venaku. You should be getting your oath letter soon. Here is a list of oath dates for MN:

http://www.mnd.uscourts.gov/2007_naturalization.htm

Do update when you get your OD, which should be very soon.
The immigration officer was very friendly. The introduction and swearing took 2 min, verified name, DOB, A#, Out of country dates, Last residences and all the entries of N-400 are verified. Then I was asked to write a simple sentence in English. Then had to take civic test and cleared first 6. Then, the officer gave my result that I passed and gave me an approval letter recommending me. Asked me to wait for oath ceremony letter. It was very nice experience. I am waiting for oath letter since March 08, 2007. Thanks.

I got my oath letter in less than a week after my interview date (March 21) and attended the oath ceremony on April 11th.
I guess, I got lucky.....

Although little too early to panic, incase if you really want to know; go to USCIS page and click on INFOPASS, where you can make an appointment to talk to immigration officer at Bloomington.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Appointment on Monday 4/30

I scheduled an appointment with IO on Monday thru infopass. Will keep you updated.
Thanks & Regards.
Ven.

Hi

I met the IO and she says all the background check and all happens after interview and each case is different. My case is in verification state so, all I have to do is wait. Hoping for good.
Thanks.

If they have given you a letter saying you passed the interview, I can't understand what now they mean by "verification". Seems very strange to me.

I met the IO and she says all the background check and all happens after interview and each case is different. My case is in verification state so, all I have to do is wait. Hoping for good.
Thanks.