NSC / St. Paul ( MN) timeline

In my case the Interview date was the longest wait due to fbi name check.

pd: 04/06/2006
fd: 06/09/2006
id: 03/06/2007
OD: 04/11/2007

I'm glad finally it's over. You're gonna be at the convention center for you OD RIGHT?

I'm glad finally it's over. You're gonna be at the convention center for you OD RIGHT?

Yes. The convention center.

Thanks for the happy news and your first post to the forum too.
Want to add some information about your interview experience for the benefit of others?
thanks.
pd: 12/07/2006
fd: 12/28/2006
id: 02/21/2007
OD: 04/11/2007- Convention Center

I'm very happy that it is over.

Thanks for the happy news and your first post to the forum too.
Want to add some information about your interview experience for the benefit of others?
thanks.

My Interview exeperience was very good.

It took me only 10 minutes to complete the interview. My interview was scheduled at 2.50 PM. I was there in the hall at 2.20 waiting for the interview but I was called at 2.30 and it got over at 2.40 PM.

Officer asked me about my address and where I work. Just touched the topic of my trips outside the country. My advice to others is please go over copy of your application form before the interview.

He spend a minute about a speeding ticket. I said I paid fine and he moved on.

On the day of my GC approval, I was not in the country but he didn't asked any questions about that. But I did mention in the application that my trip started even before my GC approval date.

He asked me six questions which were very easy. All are from the Civic Sample Questions books.

He gave me the letter stating the "recomendation for approval".

Minneapolis oath ceremony on april 11nth 2007

Hi,
I finished my interview just like A 2007 on march 6th 2007 at the Bloomington DO. I was wondering when you received your oath letteras i was told by the interviewing officer that I might also be scheduled for oath on April 11nth. I was wondering how many people can be sworn in as citizens on April 11nth 2007 at the convention center. Hope to hear fro somebody soon.

My interview on March 6th took approximately 15 minutes, 6 easy questions I was handed the letter that said congratulation you've passed I asked how long it could take 'till Oath he said 1 to 2 months.
I received the Oath letter a week later and it showed that I was approved by the 8th of March.
I think at the convention center upto 200-300 ppl can take Oath not sure though....

Interview completed. Very straight forward. Both of us were out of the building in 25 minutes. We should get Oath letter in the mail within 4 weeks...

Application Sent: 1/13/2007
Priority Date: 1/15/2007
Fingerprints taken: 2/09/2007
Interview Date: 3/21/2007

Same for my wife.

oath ceremony scheduled for me

Hi,
My oath ceremony is scheduled for April 11nth 2007 at the Minneapolis convention center at 11 am. It feels very great my final moments of hard toil is going to pay off. Good Luck to the people who are going to apply or in the process of getting the citizenship.

Minneapolis St.paul time line for me

Application sent: October 25th, 2006
Finger print date: 11-15-2006.
Interview Date: 01-16-07 : .
Rescheduled interview (because out of the country between December 9nth 2006 and Jaunary 16nth 2007) 03-06-07.
Oath Date: 04-11-2007

Just curious: Assuming all of you are Indians, what happens to our Indian passport? Do we surrender Indian passport to Indian consulate or do we get to keep it? I read some articles about the dual citizenship but not sure how far we are in that aspect?

Anyone out there who can shed some light or what they are planning to do once they get American passport(s)??

Thanks for your time.

Got oath letter yesterday. April 11th at Convention center... Entire process took less than 3 months...

Oath Date: 4/11/2007

Congratulations!
How was your interview experience?

Got oath letter yesterday. April 11th at Convention center... Entire process took less than 3 months...

Oath Date: 4/11/2007

Extremely straightforward. We were there in & out of the building in 25 minutes. Our time slot was 10.30 and went in at 10.20. As soon as we went in, they called my wife; asked her basic info and she got the first 6 questions (like most of us do) and she was done in 10 minutes.

Then it was my turn; same thing; asked some basic info like how long have you been here, where do I work, wife and kids info, asked if I got traffic tickets or violated rules (none for me) and rapid fire questions; got the first 6 questions (How many stripes on flag, who said give me liberty or give me death, name any 3 of the original states, what holiday was celebrated by the pilgrims, who passes laws, chief justice). Then asked me to write a sentence; I drink too much coffee; we both laughed at this. All this under 10 minutes.

She said I would get letter in 1 month but I was pleasantly surprised to see the oath letter yesterday and that too on 4/11 (Oath date just 3 weeks from interview date).

Congratulations!
How was your interview experience?

I am still waiting for my interview letter.
pd: 05/2006
fd: 07/2006
id: ???
od: ???

thanks.
How many days before did you apply?
I am going overseas on a work related trip and am thinking of having my wife mail my application however, my signing date would be over 90 days. So, I am in a sort of a conundrum wondering what to do. USCIS is not clear about the 90 days, whether it is mailing the application or signing the application date.
Extremely straightforward. We were there in & out of the building in 25 minutes. Our time slot was 10.30 and went in at 10.20. As soon as we went in, they called my wife; asked her basic info and she got the first 6 questions (like most of us do) and she was done in 10 minutes.

Then it was my turn; same thing; asked some basic info like how long have you been here, where do I work, wife and kids info, asked if I got traffic tickets or violated rules (none for me) and rapid fire questions; got the first 6 questions (How many stripes on flag, who said give me liberty or give me death, name any 3 of the original states, what holiday was celebrated by the pilgrims, who passes laws, chief justice). Then asked me to write a sentence; I drink too much coffee; we both laughed at this. All this under 10 minutes.

She said I would get letter in 1 month but I was pleasantly surprised to see the oath letter yesterday and that too on 4/11 (Oath date just 3 weeks from interview date).