NSC / St. Paul ( MN) timeline

I been reading and visiting this helpful website for about a month... I read hundreds of pages on it ...and I never seen this thread ...and it's because no body reply on it for a while ...but I am happy to see it

But assuming the DO office means an USCIS office or branch that is in your area ... and I thought the DO office for the ppl in Minnesota is in Bloomington ..not St Paul, so is that mean you guys have another USCIS office in St. Paul that I am not aware of.

Please let me know..

And another question is "though I don't want to look impatient " is it normal that I sent my case about 10 days ago and the Check hasn't been cashed yet.. neither do I got anything from them.

Ahmtime said:
I been reading and visiting this helpful website for about a month... I read hundreds of pages on it ...and I never seen this thread ...and it's because no body reply on it for a while ...but I am happy to see it

But assuming the DO office means an USCIS office or branch that is in your area ... and I thought the DO office for the ppl in Minnesota is in Bloomington ..not St Paul, so is that mean you guys have another USCIS office in St. Paul that I am not aware of.

Please let me know..

And another question is "though I don't want to look impatient " is it normal that I sent my case about 10 days ago and the Check hasn't been cashed yet.. neither do I got anything from them.

Yes, DO is district office. The St. Paul, MN district office is actually located in Bloomington on Metro Drive (yeah, that confused me for a second too)

You sent in your app 10 days ago? I wouldn't worry about the checks not clearing quite yet. I think I got my receipt notice about a month after I sent my N-400 in.

Good luck, just hope you don't get jammed in the name check portion ;)

Thanks pg8104 ...really appreciate it ...so the DO is the one in Bloomington

And I hope you will have a good luck in your case too, you have seen a lot.

helpfull links about name check

this site is a good for new news by USCIS ..and there is one about background & name check "please go to the middle of the page or toword the end of the page"
http://www.mnllp.com/newnewsinfo.html

and from the above website this good PDF file about the backlog
http://www.mnllp.com/06sep15n400uscis.pdf

http://www.immigration.com/faq/uscitizen.html#219

good info in the middle of this page
http://www.mshale.com/article.cfm?articleID=1258

one more
http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/902603441/m/17810723731

another good forums
http://immigration-information.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18

specially this thread
http://immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=574

Good luck and thanks for the info.

pg8104 said:
You sent in your app 10 days ago? I wouldn't worry about the checks not clearing quite yet. I think I got my receipt notice about a month after I sent my N-400 in.

There is a diffrence between the check cached date and the date you receive the receipt notice.

Well I know that, I'm just trying to communicate to you that it will probably take longer than 10 days for your checks to be cashed.

how do u check if finger print is cleared....

I had mine done in St Paul - it was tough finding tht place in the strip mall....

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone got a oath notice for the December 13th ceremony in Minneapolis? Let me know, I'm crossing my fingers that I get one too :)

any new applicants?

Timeline
Inital app RD - 10/17/06
Returned app - did not find record of PR - 10/25/06
Resubmit app with GC copy - 10/28/06
PD - 11/06/06
FP - 11/24/06
interview notice date 12/04/06
notice rcvd 12/09/06
ID - 1/25/07
OD - ??? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my updated timeline :)

Sent in N-400: 12/2005
PD: 1/2006
FP: 4/2006
ID: 7/11/2006
OL: 12/11/2006 (given at infopass)
OD: 12/13/2006

I went in today for an info pass, they said I was scheduled for 1/17/07 but I explained to them my situation and they found a spot for me in the 12/13/06 ceremony!!!

congratulations!

I was hoping o get mine before July 4th this year. From the progress so far - it looks like it may be quicker but with CIS so many things can go worng at any time, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

r :)

Minneapolis, St. Paul (MN) slowing down?

Applied Date: 7/31/06
Priority Date: 8/02/06
FP Date: 8/29/06
Interview Date: 11/8/06
OL Date: ??
OD: ??

Its been two months since the interview and no oath letter yet. Called a month after interview, was told that everything looks good, the case has been approved and is in queue for availability for the oath ceremony. The officer also said that the oath letter is not mailed out until about 3 weeks before the scheduled date. Does it really take this long to find an opening for the ceremony? Many prior posts seems to indicate that oath ceremony happens within a couple months from the interview, many even had there ceremony within weeks [see dates on previous pages of this thread]...

name check?

After the interview did you get any written document to let you know the outcome of your interview? Are you sure you are not stuck in the dreaded name check?

PushpakPatil said:
Applied Date: 7/31/06
Priority Date: 8/02/06
FP Date: 8/29/06
Interview Date: 11/8/06
OL Date: ??
OD: ??

Its been two months since the interview and no oath letter yet. Called a month after interview, was told that everything looks good, the case has been approved and is in queue for availability for the oath ceremony. The officer also said that the oath letter is not mailed out until about 3 weeks before the scheduled date. Does it really take this long to find an opening for the ceremony? Many prior posts seems to indicate that oath ceremony happens within a couple months from the interview, many even had there ceremony within weeks [see dates on previous pages of this thread]...

The day I went for interview, their computer system was down so the officer could not review any documents on my file. The officer did indicate that my file will likely be approved; my attorney later confirmed that happening when they went in for an interview with another client.

Is name check something the immigration officer at the 1-800 number know about? That is not what he told me when I had called, I was told that I was in queue for availability on an oath ceremony sometime in near future.

Pushpak, I suggest you take an infopass appointment to find out. The phone line information is useless and waste of time. Keep us posted.
Good luck.
PushpakPatil said:
The day I went for interview, their computer system
was down so the officer could not review any documents on my file. The officer did indicate that my file will likely be approved; my attorney later confirmed that happening when they went in for an interview with another client.

Is name check something the immigration officer at the 1-800 number know about? That is not what he told me when I had called, I was told that I was in queue for availability on an oath ceremony sometime in near future.

rogerkint said:
Timeline
Inital app RD - 10/17/06
Returned app - did not find record of PR - 10/25/06
Resubmit app with GC copy - 10/28/06
PD - 11/06/06
FP - 11/24/06
interview notice date 12/04/06
notice rcvd 12/09/06
ID - 1/25/07
OD - ??? :)

Did your case status disappear when you got IL?