2. Application Received : 28-Jul-2006
3. Check Cashed : 02-Aug-2006
4. Priority Date : 28-Jul-2006

Since I have an important IT conference(in Japan) in the end of this year,
hope everything can go smoothly.

According to gurus' processing time in NSC and MN,
I 'HOPE' that I can have FP in the beginning of Sep,
and interview around mid Nov.

Then, oath date on Dec 13(the only Naturalization date in DEC)
Cross my finger now...

Interview experience

The officer was very friendly. The interview went well. I was asked to read and answer about 10-12 history/civics questions from a sheet, all taken from the standard 100. Then he went through my N-400 application and asked me whether or not I have registered with Selective Service. I have mentioned that, I have a letter from Selective Service that says 'I am not required to register with SS'. The officer took a copy of that letter and started filling the Form N-652, Naturalization Interview Results.
Finally I was very delighted when I got the N-652 with note, 'congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval'.

My wife also had her interview today at the same time and it went very well too. The officer told her that, she should receive the oath letter soon for Aug-16th. ceremony!

Congrats to the rest of you :) .

My N-400 timeline update:
4/11/06: PD
4/20/06: Check Cashed
5/30/06: FP Notice
6/17/06: FP Scheduled
8/03/06: ID Schedule
xx/xx/06: Oath Date.

Oath

Vishak;

So Are you confident that you are getting oath letter for august 16th. i had my interview one day ahead of you so that i am getting august 16th too. I am so happy that i will be done everything by august 17th

Sushil,
I will post the details about the oath date and time as soon as I hear from them. Hope you will do the same.

Thanks and good luck.

So Fast...

NSC/Minnesota,

1. Application Mailed(USPS Express): 27-Jul-2006
2. Application Received : 28-Jul-2006
3. Check Cashed : 01-Aug-2006
4. Priority Date : 28-Jul-2006
5. NOA Date : 02-Aug-2006
6. NOA Mailed : 02-Aug-2006
7. NOA Received : 07-Aug-2006
8. FP Notice Received : 07-Aug-2006
9. FP Notice Mailed : 02-Aug-2006
10. FP Scheduled : 25-Aug-2006

Can not believe it's so fast!

No Interview Date Yet!

I have completed my FP on 05/02/06 but no interview letter yet. Looks like I am stuck with name check! Any one from Sioux Falls, SD who is going through citizenship process? Please reply.

AEM2006 said:
I DID MY FP TODAY IN SIOUX FALLS, SD AND WAITING FOR INTERVIEW DATE. IS ANY ONE FROM SIOUX FALLS WAITING FOR INTERVIEW DATE?

My timeline is as follows:

Application Date : 04/01/06
Receipt Date and PD : 04/04/06
Check Cashed: 04/06/06
NOA :04/14/06
NOA Received: 04/16/06
FP Notice Received: 04/21/06
FP Appointment: 05/02/06
INTERVIEW DATE: ????

Oath

I have read somewhere that you can call and find out the Oath date, does anyone know which number i should call?

Oath

Vishak;

I haven't got my oath letter till yesterday and i don't think i will be on August 16th but there is ceremoney on August 26th at Fergus falls. Do you think we will get oath letter for that ceremoney?

My wife, son and I had our interview on the 31st of July. At the same time (1 pm). All of us got recommended for immigration. My wife and son got their oath ceremony letter 1 week later for the August 16th ceremony at Bethel. I still haven't received my invitation yet. If I get it I feel certain it won't be for the 16th. I sincerely hope they won't send me one for the 24th ceremony in Fergus Falls (a 3 hour drive), as we will be in D.C. "celebrating" our new citizenship.
It looks like I am going to be a GC holder, married to a US Citizen for the next few weeks. It kinds sucks since I was so looking forward for all 3 of us taking the Oath together. Now it looks like I will be watching them take the Oath.

oATH

Wernger;

It seems like caught of date for August 16th's oath was july 31st so i don't think you will get Oath for 16th. I have my Interview on August 3rd and hoping to get Oath soon so let see what will happen?

Let's hope. :) I am not sure about the cut-off date of July 31 though. Our interview as on the 31st. The wife and son't Oath letter indicated it was approved August 2, mailed August 3, and they still made the August 16 date (have to be there at 12:30). I finally got through last Wednesday, and after an hour on hold, the lady was able to tell me my application got approved on that same wednesday, the 9th. So I am still hoping (albeit faint) that I will get my letter on Monday. Maybe it will say the 16th also. But it is getting close. I just hope they won't want to send me to Fergus Falls on the 24th, since I will be out of town. September is fine. I'll let you know what happened.
With a little luck we might both still make it. You could get your letter on Monday as well!

Good luck!
:cool:

Oath

I am very Sad that i didn't get Oath letter yet so there is no chance to get Oath on 16th so i have to wait till 24th or next month.

Oath Letter - Received

Received oath letter for 13th. Sep - Convention Center ceremony.

My N-400 timeline update:
4/11/06: PD
4/20/06: Check Cashed
5/30/06: FP Notice
6/17/06: FP Scheduled
8/03/06: ID Schedule
9/13/06: Oath Date.

Went to the ceremony at Bethel on the 16th to see my wife and son take the oath. I met a few people I knew there by total surprise that were also sworn in. They had their interview the week before and got their oath letter right after their interview. The INS officer that interviewed them told them there were 4 openings that came up and if they could make it for the 16th. They said yes, and he gave them the Oath letter, hadnd written, there on the spot. So I guess it's sometimes better to get interviewed right before the oath date, as people who can't make it are sending in their 445' forms and openings become available. I think it's very nice of them to give people the opportunity to take the oath as soon as possible if they know howmany opening are becoming available. it's a bit sad for us who are in the waiting line, but still very happy to see that they do their best to get all the available seats filled with new Citizens :)
I hope I get my oath letter today. I didn't get any mail yesterday. And I am hoping to meet you and Vishak on the 13th. If I don't get a letter by next week, after we get back from our celebration vacation in DC, I will go see the Bloomington office and ask some serious questions.
Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview

Extremely pleasant interview at the USINS office in Bloomington. Went in 30 minutes before the interview time and got out 30 minutes after the interview time. Whole process took no more than 10 minutes.

Here is my st paul n400 timeline

1. Application Mailed(USPS Express): 09-May-2006
2. Application Received : 10-May-2006
3. Check Cashed : 15-Mar-2006
4. Priority Date : 10-May-2006
5. NOA Date : 19-May-2006
6. NOA Mailed : 19-May-2006
7. NOA Received : 24-May-2006
8. FP Notice Received : 15-Jun-2006
9. FP Notice Mailed : 12-Jun-2006
10. FP Done: 28-Jun-2006
11. ID Received: 15-Jul-2006
12. ID Completed: 21-Aug-2006 :)

Congrats!

Congrates for smooth processing!

It seems St.Paul DO is doing a great job so far.
Hope I can get IL in Sep.

Applied Date: 7/29/06
FP Date: 8/28/06
Interview Date: ?/?/??