NSC / St. Paul ( MN) timeline

Interview on Minn/St.Paul

Hello everyone;

I am just wondering is there anyone who have got interview letter recently. If so , could you post your time please?

Dakota blizzard

Dakota blizzard,

How did you interview go today? man Mine is next week, I can't wait, let me know how it went

Status update: Done with Oath yesterday

Application sent - 12/28/05
PD - 12/29/05
NOA - 1/14/06
FP Notice - 2/3/06
FP Date - 2/25/06
Interview Date - 5/11/06
Oath Date - 06/21/06 in Minneapolis

Thanks to every one.

Oath was at 3 pm..But the oath letter I got asked us to be at court house 2 pm. So, if you have family and friends coming fro the ceremony, please ask them to come an later than what the oath letter says - less wait time for family & loved ones..

interview experience

hi,
I arrived at the INS office yesterday, 6/22, an hour ahead of my actual interview time. I was called in in about half an hour (i.e half hour ahead of my
appointment).

The officer was pretty cold. I greeted him at the entrance
and he showed no expression. However, I did see couple
of other officers that were very very friendly to the candidates
that they were asscorting, so i think most of them are ok!
Even during the interview, the officer was poker faced.

The interview itself went ok. I was asked to write answers
to 10 history/civics questions, all taken from the standard 100.

I had one speeding ticket that I did mention on my application.
He asked for court dispositon, which I luckily had with me.
I had to make a number of phone calls to get that info because
it was a very old ticket and the court had to retrieve that
info from their archives. When I handed this doc to him, the
officer said 'amazing'. Not sure if he was amazed that I mentioned
a speeding ticket or that I had the court document.

I seemed to recall reading somewhere that we are required to
sign full name in cursive with a pencil on the photos? Was that bad info?
When I took out my pencil, he scolded me. He asked me to put
my regular signature on the side of the photo (nothing on the
back side).

I finally got the letter saying 'congratulations, you have been
recommended for approval'. I was not given an oath date. Does
this mean that my back ground check(namek check etc) is incomplete?
The officer did not give me the reasons for not giving me an oath
and I think I did not expect that he would have answered if I
had asked. I just left. I think I will wait for a few weeks.
If I take an infopass appt in a month, Do i have to take to the
same officer? Or can i just see a different officer? I would
rather see someone else if you know what i mean :D

any feedback is welcome.

my PD FEb 28.
ID : 06/22.
Oath: ??

info Update

Benign;

I hope you will get oath letter for July.

Here is my updated Info:

Application Date- 04/05
Fp notice Date - 5/ 31
Fp Date - 6/10
Interview Date- 80/03
Oath Date ?

I am just wondering whether someone who get oath letter put their date so other people can figure out how long does it take to get oath letter or is there any way you can request for earlier oath date.

oath

yes, i will post the info about the oath date as soon as i hear from them.
I too hope that i get called for the july oath. Even though I see no
oath cermonies listed on ww.mnd.uscourts.gov/2006_naturalization.htm, i think those listings are just for the ones that are done in court(as per an earlier post in this thread). Since i dont have a name change request, hopefully i will get called to some other ceremony outside the court. does anyone know how to find out what other ceremonies are scheduled (outside of the court premises) other than calling the st.paul DO (which i dont want to do ) :)

regards.

There is a ceremony in Bethel college on July 11th.
So you think it takes longer to get the oath letter if requesting a name change?

oath

I am not positive on that.

what i was theorizing was that if you request a name change then you will have to attend an oath ceremony in a court. From looking at the listings on
the site that I posted earlier, there are none scheduled for the months of
july, aug or sept in st.paul or mpls.

Dont all oath cermeonies occur in the presence of a judge anyway? if so, may
be you dont necessarily have to attend the oath in court premises?

hopefully someone can shed some light on this. thanks.

Had my interview today, was very delighted when I got the note saying, congratulations, you have been recommended for approval.
I was surprised that the civics exam was written and that some of the questions were phrased differently, like:
who is the head of your local government? the answer to this is the mayor but the question itself would lead you to believe that they are asking for the name of the mayor.
There was a time when the lady asked me if I came to the country in 2001, I said no I came in 1994 as a student, she said I have to look into that. I thought that she was missing information and wasn't going to make a decision the same day.
I did request a name change mainly to correct my first name for pronunciation purposes. I hope that it won't delay the oath.

Congrats to the rest of you, I feel a step closer to the blue book :)

Had my interview today, was very delighted when I got the note saying, congratulations, you have been recommended for approval.
I was surprised that the civics exam was written and that some of the questions were phrased differently, like:
who is the head of your local government? the answer to this is the mayor but the question itself would lead you to believe that they are asking for the name of the mayor.
There was a time when the lady asked me if I came to the country in 2001, I said no I came in 1994 as a student, she said I have to look into that. I thought that she was missing information and wasn't going to make a decision the same day.
I did request a name change mainly to correct my first name for pronunciation purposes. I hope that it won't delay the oath.

Good luck to the rest of you I feel, I'm a step closer to being done once and forever.

oath

hi,
i got invited to the oath on july 10th, monday. :)

here are my details
pd 02/28
iv date 6/22
oath 7/10.

good luck guys.

Congratulations!!!
I don't think I'm going to make the cut with a 6/27 IV, will find out if I get anything in the mail on Monday or Wednesday.

Congratulations!!!
I don't think I'm going to make the cut with a 6/27 IV, will find out if I get anything in the mail on Monday or Wednesday.

Are you at the 10am or 2pm ceremony on July 10th at Bethel College

I got the oath ceremony letter in the mail today. I'm scheduled for 7/10 at 2pm in Bethel college.
St Paul is moving fast, it took me a little bit over 4 months from beginning to end.
Thanks to everyone for posting their information it sure helped learning from other people's experiences.

Good luck to everyone.

PS: Benign if you are at the 2pm ceremony next Monday let me know and we can meet

Minoush,
congratulations.

My oath letter lists 8:30am as the reporting time, so i assume iam
attending the morning ceremony. I actually did not know that there were
2 ceremonies the same day! thanks for the info.

My wife got FP appt @2pm for the same day and we are hoping that
she can attend my oath and then we can make it to her fp appointment.

I will post my oath experience next week :)

yes they have 2 ceremonies that day and that hall can hold upwards of 700 people, so it's going to be packed. Are you planning to apply for the blue book the same day?