NSC / St. Paul ( MN) timeline

Two month away from 5 years mark

I am in St. Pual, MN area. When to mail N-400. Five years for LPR status will be on April 25, 2010. I have heared that DO was now fast. Please suggest if you could help me.

MN_DO

Hi
I was past my 5 year mark when I applied. My spouse applied 90 days from the 5 year anniversary. SO you could probably apply now.

Hello Khargosh, can you share some of your experiences that you had during the interview?, I have my interview on 03/02 in bloomington, MN
12-07-09 - N400 mailed - Phoenix AZ
12-15-09 - N400 Received
12-23-10 - walk in FP
1-15-10 - Yellow Letter
1-15-10 - Scheduled FP date
03-02-10-XXXX
I am wondering why is it talking so long for the oath in MN too!!

Hi gumly

The interview process was pretty straightforward. My appointment was at 9:30, reached there at about 9. Went through the security etc. Then walked to the info pass area by mistake ( the interview was on the 3rd floor). SO we went up there, deposited our interview letters and sat in the waiting room.
We were called at around 9:30 (by two different officers).

My IO was quite friendly, joked a bit about the cold. Then asked me to take an oath of telling the truth etc etc. Then he went over my application, asked me questions from the form to which I replied. The only document I had not sent with my application was my child's birth certificate. They hadnt asked for it either in the checklist nor in the yellow letter, but I had taken it along with me for the interview anwyay (along with previous years tax transcripts). SO he told me if you have it give me a copy. He didnt go through my passports (though he wanted me to place all of them on his table).
After he went through the form, he asked me to read a sentence and then write a sentence.
He then read out a set of questions for the History/Civics test from a printout. I answered 6 correctly - so he stopped there. I honestly cannot remember the questions, all I remember was that they were not the ones with dates or names of various historical/govt figures.

He then asked me to verify my information on a form ( he said that would be printed out on the naturalization certificate). He said - I am recommending you for approval. The application will go for one more once through by their office and the oath will take about 2-3 months ( could take less time or more, but that's the average)

Then he walked me out to the lobby. I was out by 9:50.

Good luck for your interview !

kharghosh

Thanks Khargosh,
I just finished my interview and was approved as well . It went identical to what you had gone thru. and was done in about 20 minutes.

Regarding the oath date, the interviewer told me it will most likely happen in a month.

Thanks
Center: Minneapolis/St. Paul

12-07-09 - N400 mailed - Phoenix AZ
12-15-09 - N400 Received
12-23-10 - walk in FP
1-15-10 - Yellow Letter
1-15-10 - Scheduled FP date
03-02-10-ID approved

Hi Gumly
congrats
We got our oath letters today. Oath is on March 17th

Here's my timeline:

DO St Paul MN
12-01-09 - N400 mailed - Phoenix AZ
12-02-09 - N400 Received
12-02-09 - Priority date
12-07-09 - Check cashed
12-17-09 - LUD change (RFE mailed on 12-15-09)
1-5-10 - walk in FP
1-9-10 - Yellow Letter
1-11-10 - Scheduled FP date
1-19-10 - email update "case sent for standard interview", online status updated to "testing and interview"
2-25-10 - Interview Date - Done and Recommended for Approval
3-2-10 - Oath Letter
3-17-10 - Oath Date

Hope you get your oath date soon

I passed the interview last week. The whole process took less than 15 minutes. Now I am waiting for the oath letter. I wonder how long does it typically take now days to receive the oath letter? ... Anyone who's been interviewed at St. Paul DO recently please share experience. Thanks!

---------------------
Day 0 (01/11/2010): N-400 mailed
Day 99 (04/20/2010): Oath Letter received
Day 114(05/05/2010): Oath date

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks very much for your sharing experience, AlexMN. I just got my oath letter today!!

-------------------

Thanks very much for your sharing experience, AlexMN. I just got my oath letter today!!

-------------------

I was wondering if on your Oath Letter gives you an option to schedule a different/later oath date? (ie. if you wanted to take the oath at a larger ceremony like at the mall of america,landmark center, instead of the small courtroom oaths)

when do you get YL before or After IL

I received my IL on 5/13 inside it was another paper instructing what documents to bring for the interview..such as actual IL,passports,originals of documents..etc.. It was instructing things you had to bring and also reccommending to bring certain originals. It looked like an instruction letter that they send out with all IL. I didn't receive a YL letter either and my DO is St. Paul. Maybe not all DOs include this letter in the IL,and so they also send out a YL.