NSC / St. Paul ( MN) timeline

Here is the timetable for 2009 oath ceremonies:
http://www.mnd.uscourts.gov/2009_naturalization.shtml

Maybe I am jumping the gun here. But I have my interview scheduled for 4th June. And looking at the oath ceremonies for Minneapolis and St.Paul. Looks like there's only June 10th and June 15 that are close. But since they are so close to my interview and I believe there is quite some backlog here, I am afraid I will most probably not be scheduled for oath in June.

The next available slot is September 2nd/September 9th :-(. Is my understanding correct?
What about the months of July and August, it says those dates are for Duluth/Fergus Falls? Can they schedule oath for Minneapolis and St.Paul residents there?
Could anyone from Minneapolis and St.Paul post their experience please.

I doubt if you will make it to the June ceremonies. Too close. The St Paul office seems to be backed up a bit. See my timeline - it is horrible. I had delays every step of the way - mine was scheduled right on the 4th month after interview.

AP

Is the courts too have summer vacation in July and Auguest like India? I don't see any oath ceremony in July and August.

Minneapolis/St.Paul Interview experience

I got a call yesterday night and the person identified themselves as officer XXXX and said I was scheduled to meet him tomorrow for a natz interview. But he said your name on the birth certificate is inconsistent with other documents. I know you are divorced, but do you have your previous marriage certificate and could you bring it in tomorrow. Initially I was spooked, I did not know that an IO would call me personally, but then realized it was for real. Incidentally that was the one document that was not in my binder, since I figured I had my certified Divorce decree. So I immediately put it in.
It was a balmy 60 degree MN morning today. My appointment was at 8:30 AM, I was there at 7:50 AM. Was immediately called in by the IO after a couple of minutes in the waiting room. The IO was an elderly gentleman, which was comforting. If it were a young rookie, it would have needed another level of approval.
He asked me to raise the hand and the usual spiel. He then asked me for the GC and asked me to sign the two photos. He then immediately got to business, he verified the name on the Marriage certificate and said that maybe it's a cultural thing, your name is not consistent on the birth certificate, but this will do fine. He then reviewed the other sections and made comments with a red pen. I updated him on the 3 more trips that I had made in the interim. He asked me about the 3 citations that I had mentioned and asked me if everything had been taken care. I said yes. Finally he gave me the civics test. He said you can take the old test since you filed in 2007. He stopped after I got the first 6 right. Then he asked me to read a sentence and write another sentence. He did not ask me for any other documents, I told him I had certified documents from the court for the the 3 tickets and he said ok I might as well take them.
He then printed out a letter that said that I was recommended for approval. He said you will receive your Oath letter in the mail. I was done by 8:30 AM, funnily that was when my interview was scheduled for. I was too excited, so did not notice. Does the letter actually say N-652 on it. Mine doesn't, it has my A number on it and among other things it does have an 'X' marked against: "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time it APPEARS that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. IF FINAL APPROVAL IS GRANTED, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony".

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations. You are done with name check finally. I wonder if your date of birth error caused you to be stuck in the name check process.

I got a call yesterday night and the person identified themselves as officer XXXX and said I was scheduled to meet him tomorrow for a natz interview. But he said your name on the birth certificate is inconsistent with other documents. I know you are divorced, but do you have your previous marriage certificate and could you bring it in tomorrow. Initially I was spooked, I did not know that an IO would call me personally, but then realized it was for real. Incidentally that was the one document that was not in my binder, since I figured I had my certified Divorce decree. So I immediately put it in.
It was a balmy 60 degree MN morning today. My appointment was at 8:30 AM, I was there at 7:50 AM. Was immediately called in by the IO after a couple of minutes in the waiting room. The IO was an elderly gentleman, which was comforting. If it were a young rookie, it would have needed another level of approval.
He asked me to raise the hand and the usual spiel. He then asked me for the GC and asked me to sign the two photos. He then immediately got to business, he verified the name on the Marriage certificate and said that maybe it's a cultural thing, your name is not consistent on the birth certificate, but this will do fine. He then reviewed the other sections and made comments with a red pen. I updated him on the 3 more trips that I had made in the interim. He asked me about the 3 citations that I had mentioned and asked me if everything had been taken care. I said yes. Finally he gave me the civics test. He said you can take the old test since you filed in 2007. He stopped after I got the first 6 right. Then he asked me to read a sentence and write another sentence. He did not ask me for any other documents, I told him I had certified documents from the court for the the 3 tickets and he said ok I might as well take them.
He then printed out a letter that said that I was recommended for approval. He said you will receive your Oath letter in the mail. I was done by 8:30 AM, funnily that was when my interview was scheduled for. I was too excited, so did not notice. Does the letter actually say N-652 on it. Mine doesn't, it has my A number on it and among other things it does have an 'X' marked against: "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time it APPEARS that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. IF FINAL APPROVAL IS GRANTED, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony".

No it was not the date of birth. That is right. It's just that my birth certificate had my firstname and middlename only. It did not mention my lastname, although it did have my father's firstname and lastname and my mother's too. This did not seem to affect my 485 processing though, so don't know what triggered the long name check.
Congratulations. You are done with name check finally. I wonder if your date of birth error caused you to be stuck in the name check process.

Back to my original question. Does the 'recommended for approval' letter that you get after the interview say N-652 on the top? Cause mine doesn't.

Yes, mine looks different, maybe because it was printed directly from the computer. Even the choices were printed with an 'X' and not made with a pen. The content was same, but differently set on the document as well.

Yes, mine looks different, maybe because it was printed directly from the computer. Even the choices were printed with an 'X' and not made with a pen. The content was same, but differently set on the document as well.

My wife and I got different looking N-652 forms. Mine had the two "X"s penned in manually by the IO, and my wife's one was completely computer generated, including the "X"s. All in the same DO on the same day.

At St. Paul, MN
I applied in the Middle of Jan 09, I got finger printed in the first week of March 09. I was interviewed in the middle of May 09. My oath ceremony is in the middle of July09. The entire proces took Six months from the date of submitting N-400.

At St. Paul, MN
I applied in the Middle of Jan 09, I got finger printed in the first week of March 09. I was interviewed in the middle of May 09. My oath ceremony is in the middle of July09. The entire proces took Six months from the date of submitting N-400. Nice matured professional gentleman interviewed me.

I had my interview at St. Paul, MN on May14th and the interview was a breeze. The matured gentleman who interviewed me was very professional. Walked through the N-400 application , giving reading test, written test and six easy questions and said I am recommended for citizenship and issued a paper to that effect. During walking through the application, he asked me if I had any traffic citations and I said yes eventhough I did not mention about it in the application form. He wanted proof of paying all fines and luckily I was prepared for that and gathered it beforehand. He took the letters from county court and filed it and made a note of it in the N-400 form.Thanks to this forum, I got this tip here only. It helped me. Thanks to everyone who shared their experiences, it helped a lot right from the application stage to the interview stage.

N-400 Applied to Arizona Lockbox 01/15/2009
Received and priority date 01/26/2009
Fingerprinted 03/07/2009
Interview letter 04/12/2009
Interviewd on 05/14/2009 passed
Oath scheduled at Bethel college 07/15/2009

Thanks for sharing, icanus. This is good news. I was just about to post and see if anyone was scheduled for 07/15 or 07/30, I saw these dates on the online schedule.
I had my interview on 06/04 and it was an elderly gent too, the interview was a breeze.
Could you tell me when you got the oath letter, was it on 06/16?

I had my interview at St. Paul, MN on May14th and the interview was a breeze. The matured gentleman who interviewed me was very professional. Walked through the N-400 application , giving reading test, written test and six easy questions and said I am recommended for citizenship and issued a paper to that effect. During walking through the application, he asked me if I had any traffic citations and I said yes eventhough I did not mention about it in the application form. He wanted proof of paying all fines and luckily I was prepared for that and gathered it beforehand. He took the letters from county court and filed it and made a note of it in the N-400 form.Thanks to this forum, I got this tip here only. It helped me. Thanks to everyone who shared their experiences, it helped a lot right from the application stage to the interview stage.

N-400 Applied to Arizona Lockbox 01/15/2009
Received and priority date 01/26/2009
Fingerprinted 03/07/2009
Interview letter 04/12/2009
Interviewd on 05/14/2009 passed
Oath scheduled at Bethel college 07/15/2009

Got my oath letter today! Oath is scheduled for 07/15/09. Location is Bethel College, St.Paul. 21 freaking months, since I mailed my application. Many thanks to this forum, really helped me keep my stuff together.