NSC / St. Paul ( MN) timeline

ISN, Congratulations! You must have opened a champagne bottle to celebrate your citizenship oath today! Please post your experience.

Anyone else in NSC/MN please post your time line. I have not received FP notice after almost a month after my PD (29th May). I called info pass and the lady was polite but the person had absolutely no clue or knowledge. Without checking she said your NOA was sent on xx/xx. Please wait for 30 days. I asked her if my name check request has been sent to FBI. She said we do name check after the interview! Well, that is when I decided no point in wasting my own time and thanked her for her time.

Oath ceremony in Rochester, MN

I attended the oath ceremony in Rochester, MN on 6/25/2007. The whole ceremony was well planned and it took 45 minutes, there where 39 people from 20 countries who got naturalized on that day. The whole process took 140 days from the date of filing to the date of naturalization. I just checked the on-line case status today and this is what it says. (Why does the USCIS waste its money on such a useless system?)

Receipt Number: LIN

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On February 5, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Early FP

I don't think anyone is currently in the St. Paul N-400 processing, but I am posting my FP experience to this thread for the benefit of others who may follow me. The NSC process slowed down last month due to their focus on 485 adjudications. I thus received my FP notice over a month after my PD, which is not the norm in NSC/St. Paul. Anyway I was told Wednesday is a walk in day. Because this Wednesday is a holiday for independence day, I did a walk in to the CIS center in St Paul around 12.50 PM. It was pretty much crowded and I contemplated if should go back. Then I thought, I might as well try it anyway. So I went in to the que and just handed my FP letter and Green Card. I was asked to show my driver license and was given a form to fill and also the CD for the civic test preparation. The date was not an issue at all. I waited and then a lady checked my paper work and let me in to the adjoining room where one of 3 ladies took my FP. Having done a CP, I had never done an FP in the US. The process took 5 minutes and I was on my way. Most of the other people were for EAD/AP etc and almost none for n-400.

Last edited by a moderator:
infopass experience in St. Paul

Hi itengineer,

Did you do any infopass during the 3 months you waited for name check? How was your experience during the infopass(es)?
I did an info pass for FP letter inquiry and it was a waste of time. The lady said there is nothing I can see, come back after 60 days. When I got home the FP letter was in the mail box.

hi, yes I was stuck in name check for 3 months, just got the interview notice yesterday.

Hi itengineer,
Did you do any infopass during the 3 months you waited for name check? How was your experience during the infopass(es)?
I did an info pass for FP letter inquiry and it was a waste of time. The lady said there is nothing I can see, come back after 60 days. When I got home the FP letter was in the mail box.

hi brb2, No infopass. My wife and I did the FP at the same time. within a month she got the interview letter. After that I thought mine would come soon but since it never came, I stated to call USCIS
1-800-375-5283 option 1 2 2 6 2 2 1

Every time I called they told me not to worry and that name check can take sometime. Recently i though of doing infopass but by then the letter showed up.
good luck, you should get your letter soon.

Expedited Passport

Applied for my passport (expedited service) on 06/25/2007 and received my passport on 07/06/2007.

You are one lucky person ISN! Very fast process indeed. The only unknown factor for most law abiding persons in the naturalization process is the FBI name check process mandated by USCIS. Even the FBI wants a change in the name check process. Hopefully USCIS will heed the advice of its own Ombudsman.
>>>>>>
D.O: Minneapolis St.Paul, MN
Application Mail-in Date: Feb 3rd 2007
Priority Date: 5th Feb 2007
Notice Date: 9th Feb 2007
F.P Notice Date: 16th Feb 2007
F.P Date: walk in on Feb 28th/ sched for Mar 2
Interview Letter Received: 03/12/2007
Interview Date: 04/10/2007
Oath Date: 06/25/2007
Passport expedited Applied : 06/25/2007
Passport received: 07/06/2007

Well, well isn't that something! Congratulations on getting the interview call. You have managed to not get stuck in the black hole called name check. Going as per your time line, I should start looking into my mail box around 1st of August for the interview letter. If I don't get it in August I will probably be stuck in the name check fiasco.

Did your on-line USCIS case status dissapear?

I got the IL in June. Still trying to gather docs.

Congratulations Gonzales and Itengineer!
I guess now both of you can start looking up the passport thread and planning the final step to complete the process!

I am almost a month since my FP, and keenly waiting for my interview letter. The worst part of waiting is not knowing if I am caught up in the stupid name check process. I am keenly following the USCIS sueing thread just in case...!

4/30/2007 - Application Mailed Minneapolis
5/03/2007 - Priority Date
5/10/2007 - Notice Date
5/22/2007 - FP notice arrived
6/22/2007 - FP done
07/18/2007 (?) - Interview notice
8/21/2007- interview
OathDate - Waiting