NSC / St. Paul ( MN) timeline

20-Jun-2006: Interviewed at Sioux Falls ASC. Passed the test but told that FBI name check pending so can not recommend the application at this time

12-Jan-2007: Got letter from immigration officer, who interviewed me, that my name check is complete and my application has been recommended for citizenship. Now waiting for Oath letter. Let me see how long it takes..

DakotaBlizzard said:
Processing Station - Sioux Falls, SD ASC

01-FEB-2006: Application Mailed (USPS Express)
02-FEB-2006: Application Received
02-FEB-2006: Check Cashed
02-Feb-2006: Priority Date
15-Feb-2006: NOA Date
16-Feb-2006: NOA Mailed
21-Feb-2006: NOA Received
02-Mar-2006: FP Notice Date
03-Mar-2006: FP Notice Mailed
06-Mar-2006: FP Notice Received
17-Mar-2006: FP Appointment at Sioux Falls, SD ASC
10-May-2006: Interview Notice date
11-May-2006: Interview notice mailed
13-May-2006: Interview Notice Received
20-Jun-2006: Interview Scheduled

Status: Preparing for interview. Will update when done with interview.

interview

I had my interview in Bloomington, MN today. The officer did not ask any details about my traffic tickets - just said "so you paid the fines" - and again when asked about arrests or citations, I said the same thing - I have speeding tickets and I paid them.

BTW, IMHO there is no need to sweat about N-400 form implications of speeding tickets because they can always make changes to the form right there during interview- so if the right answer is "I was arrested blah blah" or not - they can change it as long as you say "No except for speeding tickets" when it comes up - for normal tickets with fines there is no dicumentation required.

I was asked six civics questions (you have to get six of ten correct and so they stop when you get six right) and I had to write "I have three children". All easy questions nothing like which amendments pertain to voting rights - 15,19, 24, 26 in case you are wondering - :)

I got a paper that said my application has been recommended for approval. The officer said I will probably get a notice within a month for an oath date in March.

Cheers,

RK

--------------------------------
Inital app RD - 10/17/06
Returned app - did not find record of PR - 10/25/06
Resubmit app with GC copy - 10/28/06
PD - 11/06/06
FP - 11/24/06
interview notice date 12/04/06
notice rcvd 2/09/06
ID - 1/25/07 - approved :)
OD - ??? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi rogerkint,

Can I carry my cell phone inside the Bloomington office?

Thanks,
ISN

rogerkint said:
I had my interview in Bloomington, MN today. The officer did not ask any details about my traffic tickets - just said "so you paid the fines" - and again when asked about arrests or citations, I said the same thing - I have speeding tickets and I paid them.

BTW, IMHO there is no need to sweat about N-400 form implications of speeding tickets because they can always make changes to the form right there during interview- so if the right answer is "I was arrested blah blah" or not - they can change it as long as you say "No except for speeding tickets" when it comes up - for normal tickets with fines there is no dicumentation required.

I was asked six civics questions (you have to get six of ten correct and so they stop when you get six right) and I had to write "I have three children". All easy questions nothing like which amendments pertain to voting rights - 15,19, 24, 26 in case you are wondering - :)

I got a paper that said my application has been recommended for approval. The officer said I will probably get a notice within a month for an oath date in March.

Cheers,

RK

--------------------------------
Inital app RD - 10/17/06
PD - 11/06/06
FP - 11/24/06
notice rcvd 2/09/06
ID - 1/25/07 - approved :)
OD - ??? :)

I am still waiting for my oath letter after 4 weeks - my wife already had her oath and her application was just two weeks ahead of mine. I went for an infopass appointment and they told me the appp was approved a day after my interview Jan 26th and I should just be patient with my oath letter.

I noticed that they specifically asked if my cell phone had a camera (who doesn't these days?) - so I think you could take a cell phone in if it does not have a camera.

rk

-------------------------------
Inital app RD - 10/17/06
PD - 11/06/06
FP - 11/24/06
notice rcvd 2/09/06
ID - 1/25/07 - approved
OD - ???

:(

Last edited by a moderator:
NSC: Minneapolis/St Paul Time line !!

Application Sent: 1/13/2007
Priority Date: 1/15/2007
Fingerprints taken: 2/09/2007
Interview Date: 3/21/2007

Same for my wife.

D.O: Minneapolis St.Paul, MN
Application Mail-in Date: Feb 3rd 2007
Priority Date: 5th Feb 2007
Notice Date: 9th Feb 2007
F.P Notice Date: 16th Feb 2007
F.P Date: 2nd Mar 2007

I am still waiting for my oath letter after 4 weeks - my wife already had her oath and her application was just two weeks ahead of mine.

Hi Rogerkint,

Do they allow you take your camera and cell phone for the oath ceremony?

Thanks,
ISN

Application Mail-in Date: MAY 2006
F.P Date: MAY 2006
IL: ???
OL: ???

2 SERVICE REQUESTS
1 INFOPASS

NO ONE KNOWS...

Application Mail-in Date: MAY 2006
F.P Date: MAY 2006
IL: ???
OL: ???

2 SERVICE REQUESTS
1 INFOPASS

NO ONE KNOWS...

Hi,

Did you find out why there is a delay in processing your application? Most of the people who apply in Minneapolis St.Paul get their application processed within 6 months.

Hi,

Did you find out why there is a delay in processing your application? Most of the people who apply in Minneapolis St.Paul get their application processed within 6 months.

Officers at the Bloomington office did not even know anything regarding about my case. He first said that it could take up to 3 yrs and then at the end he said that it could take up to a year. My g/f who applied the same date as mine and everything is done by September with no problem. She even changed her first and last name. The processing time for GUYs takes longer then GIRLS I guess but WHO KNOWS...

longest wait is for the oath...go figure

Inital app RD - 10/17/06
PD - 11/06/06
FP - 11/24/06
notice rcvd 2/09/06
ID - 1/25/07 - approved
OD - 4/11/07

reposting from another thread - just to keep this one going

Hi,
My citizenship interview was scheduled for 1.30 pm yesterday. I was called in at 1.45 pm by IO Peter Van Buren. He was very polite and nice. He swore me in right away and asked for my Passport, GC and Minnesota ID.He went through various sections of my citizenship application. Since I was outside the country after I filed my application I added the days I was gone to Page 4 of the application. He made the changes and moved on interviewing megoing through each of the other sections. He did not ask me anything about selective service and computed my age himself at the time I became LPR and dertermined that I was ineligible for Selevctive Service.After going through my application he told me there were 7 changes to my original application and asked me to sign sections 13 and 14 of the original application. after doing this he said that the major part of my exam was complete. He then asked me to write and read a sentence in English which I did sucessfully. then he went to History and Civics section. He said said he was asking 10 Questions and I had to get 6 right. I answered the first 6 questions accurately and that cocluded my interview. He told me I passed the interview and Gave form N-652. he mentioned that oath ceremony could happen anytime between 4 to 6 weeks and USCIS will schedule my oath ceremony. All questions were asked from the 96 questions from the USCIS guide. Hope this is helpful. Good Luck to all of you whoare getting ready to apply for N-400 or in the processafter applying.

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=242622