NSC - Plastic Tracker

peace_of_mind said:
IDreams,
Yesterday we received 3 (me and my dependent applicants) letters from USCIS saying..., plastic card process would take 12-18 months....
Its height of it..., Next week I will write a letter to the congressman.

Hi, peace_of_mind,

The letter which I received indicated:
Case type: PR CARD BASED ON I-181
But jw_dm's letter is:
Case type: Welcome Notice (OS-155A)

What is your Case type is in your letter? I-181 or OS-155A?

Thanks.

IDreams,
I could not find any case type for inquiry on my letter..., I understand it as NON-DELIVERY. I am typing the letter here..., just have a look at it and let me know what U understand... all that is in bold is the letter content.

Headding...

Dear myName,
On 11/02/2004 you or the designated representative shown below, contated CIS about your case. Some of the key information given to us at the time was the following:
Person who contacted us ----------- : myName
Caller indicated they are ------------ : Applicant/Petitioner
Attorney Name --------------------- : blank
Case Type ------------------------- : I-485 Employment Based
Filing Date ------------------------- : 09/21/2002
Receipt # -------------------------- : Lin #
Beneficiary (if someone else) -------- : blank
Your CIS Account Number ----------- : my A #
Type of Service Requested ---------- : NON-DELIVERY

The status of this service requested is:
Your file has been sent for the last step in producing your green card. It could take 12-18 months to finalize. When this review is completed, the application file will be routed for card production. Your case was approved and we received the I-89 processing information used to create your Lawful Permanent Resident card on 09-07-20042004. You're Alien Record file has been sent for the last step in producing your green card (I-551). It could take up to 12 to 18 months to finalize this process. If yur temporary card would expire before receiving your Permanent Registration Card (I-551), please contact your Local USCISoffice utilizing INFOPass for alien indentification card Processing/passport stamp. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283
Sincerely,
NSC/three character code 110304 (date)

It looks like they have typed the content of the letter twice.

peace_of mind,

It looks that your case type on the letter is:
Case Type ---- : I-485 Employment Based.

On my letter:
Case Type ---- :pR-CARD BASED ON I-181.

And it is good that they mentioned that on your letter:
'we received the I-89 processing information used to create your Lawful Permanent Resident card on 09-07-20042004.'

They did not mentioned 'I-89' on my letter. :confused:

On your letter:
It could take up to 12 to 18 months to finalize this process.

On my letter:
It oftern takes 12-20 months to produce a green card.:D

On your letter:
Type of Service Requested ---------- : NON-DELIVERY

On my letter:
Type of Service Requested ---------- : NON-RECEIPT :D

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
IDreams said:
cu_,

You wrote:

'We went to local office got the stamping done on our passport more than 15 days ago.'

Could you tell me your PSD? 10/26, 27, 28/2004? I will update your infor.

Thanks.
;)

It is actually 11/4/2004 -- thank you I am updating my signature too.

Process completed

FYI...

I-485: (Employment based)
RD 12/2/2002
Transfered to Detroit on 9/17/2004
Interview and approval on 10/27/2004
Welcome letter received on 11/12/2004
Plastic card received on 11/15/2004

Good luck to all

- Sean

I got my plastic card today, it was mailed on 11/12/2004. My wife and my son got their cards 5 months back.
To summerize:

I did call NSC on September, got a letter saying that my application was in line to be scanned. So I suspect, this is the difference from those "12-18 months" cases. Namely, if you get a letter similar, hopefully you will get your card soon.

For local transfer cases, likely the card will be mailed within 2 weeks after approval.

Another pattern I observed: either you get it in less than 3 month, Or you will end up with getting it at least 9 months. I do know one of my friends didn't get his card for the first year, went for stamping again, and still waiting :(

Do ask your lawyer or call, but don't bother:)

Anyway, patience (waiting) is the key.

Good luck guys, sooner or later, that tiny card will come to you as well:) Would someone help me update my info, thanks a lot.

I call the 1 800 number again today because I am not sure whether they received the I-89 processing information used to create my green card or not.

The lady who took my phone was very nice. She checked my infor and told me that they did receive the I-89 processing information and my file has been sent for the last step in producing my green card.

She also said that I can fill out the form G731 and mail it to the NSC center to require the status.

:p

peace_of_mind said:
IDreams,
Thanks for the info.
Do you know any Fax numbers associated with NSC.

peace_of_mind,

You're welcome.

Sorry, I do not know any Fax Number with NSC.

How long my wait?

I-485 PSD 11/02/04. my wait has just started for the plastic card. How long you think I should wait ;) - Hopefully not that long :D

I-485 AD - 10/20/04
I-485 RD - 5/2/02

jay2kay said:
I-485 PSD 11/02/04. my wait has just started for the plastic card. How long you think I should wait ;) - Hopefully not that long :D

I-485 AD - 10/20/04
I-485 RD - 5/2/02

Yes, Hopefully not that long :D

Updated with your infor.

Thanks
;)

Hi
I got my PP stamped yesterday at Chicago office.
what would be the next step? I see people talking about a 'Welcome Kit". Am I suppose to get the welcome kit soon? what if i dont receive it in next coule of weeks?
Also I checked my status on line but it has not be updated yet. Is it normal?
thanks

peace_of_mind said:
IDreams,
Yesterday we received 3 (me and my dependent applicants) letters from USCIS saying..., plastic card process would take 12-18 months....
Its height of it..., Next week I will write a letter to the congressman.

Hi! Peace_of_Mind
Can I know your status updated like us below before getting these letters.

Our details are:
ND/RD: 04/03
Approved: 07/08/04
Stamping: 07/29/04 (Chicago)

when we did not receive the cards after 75 days, we have called
customer service. She took all our details and said that with in 3-4
weeks we will get cards and if we do not get after 4 weeks, we can
call again.

Since, 11/12/04 there was LUD daily and yesterday the status has changed
like this:

" On November 16, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283. "

What kind of ref we can expect.

We appreciate, if any body responses who got similar experience.

Thanks
ARB123

Card Ordered

All,
My message has changed to "On Nov 19, 2004 .. Card has been ordered".

RD : 04/26/2002
AD : 02/25/2004
Stamped Dt : 03/05/2004 at Cleveland, OH

I called on Aug 17th to enquire about the card and got the standard letter "12- 18 months for plastic ..blah ..blah"

Regards,
Krishna

Krishna Iyer said:
All,
My message has changed to "On Nov 19, 2004 .. Card has been ordered".

RD : 04/26/2002
AD : 02/25/2004
Stamped Dt : 03/05/2004 at Cleveland, OH

I called on Aug 17th to enquire about the card and got the standard letter "12- 18 months for plastic ..blah ..blah"

Regards,
Krishna

Congratulation!
:p

arb123,
2 to 3 weeks after you get the email, you will receive a usps mail from NSC. Most problably, the contents of the mail would be, your I-89 was received/being reviewed/reviewed etc..., it will take 12-18 months to process and generate plastic cards....
This has become standard from NSC....