NSC - Plastic Tracker

I called USCIS Customer Service Center today and said I did not get any welcome letter from USCIS even though it is more than 60 days since the approval. The CSR took all my details and said I should expect to get the welcome letter within a month.

After the enquiry, how soon did you guys get the welcome letter?
After getting the welcome letter, when can I expect to get the card?
Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

CrouchingTiger2 said:
I called USCIS Customer Service Center today and said I did not get any welcome letter from USCIS even though it is more than 60 days since the approval. The CSR took all my details and said I should expect to get the welcome letter within a month.

After the enquiry, how soon did you guys get the welcome letter?
After getting the welcome letter, when can I expect to get the card?
Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Well, I also called the 800 number for the welcome packet. A lady made a note of my LIN#, address, etc and said she would ask the packet to be sent to me. My online message even changed after that.

However, when I got a letter from USCIS yesterday, it said:
"On 11/2/04, you or the designated respresentative contacted CIS about your case:
Case type: Welcome Notice (OS-155A)

The type status of the service request is:
Records show that we received your I-89 on 10/4/04. Please allow at least 18 months for card production."

Now, 18 months!!!

I seriously don't know what these guys at CIS are thinking and doing... :mad:

Guys !!!

After GC Approval ... will the DMV make my license permanent instead dragging it as "temporary visitor till my EAD expiration Date " ...

I am confused as the stamp in the PP is valid for a year only .....

- rkm

jw_dm said:
Well, I also called the 800 number for the welcome packet. A lady made a note of my LIN#, address, etc and said she would ask the packet to be sent to me. My online message even changed after that.

However, when I got a letter from USCIS yesterday, it said:
"On 11/2/04, you or the designated respresentative contacted CIS about your case:

The type status of the service request is:
Records show that we received your I-89 on 10/4/04. Please allow at least 18 months for card production."

Now, 18 months!!!

I seriously don't know what these guys at CIS are thinking and doing... :mad:

Hi, the letter which I received indicated:
Case type: PR CARD BASED ON I-181 :confused:
But jw_dm's letter is:

Any ideas about these?
Someone said that I-181 = welcome letter.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/archive/index.php/t-146267.html
Is it true? My buddies, could you confirm it if you had received your welcome letter or the same letter as me?

Thanks. ;) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
peace_of_mind said:
IDreams,
I-181 is an enquiry you made over the phone. the form the customer service filled is ADIT and I-181, here is the link to the form.
Data Collection for Alien Documentation, Identification and Telecommunications Systems (ADIT) and I-181
But the response you received does it contain how many months it would take for you to receive the plastic card??

peace_of _mind,

Thank you very much.

Q: But the response you received does it contain how many months it would take for you to receive the plastic card??

A: Yes.

The letter from USCIS NSC:

Dear xxxxx

On 10/29/2004 you contacted CIS about your case. Some of the key information given us at the time was the following:
XXX
XXX
XXX
The status of this service request is: Your I485 was approved. :D It often takes 12-20 months to produce a green card. :D Your approval notice is proof of your status as a legal permanent resident. You can continue to get your passport stamped and be issued a temporary green card until you receive your card. Be sure that you filed an I-89 at your local office and keep this center current on your address. Failure to update your address may delay your application.

IDreams,
did you change you address by any chance after the PP stamp???
I am still waiting for a response letter from USCIS. I am sure.., if I get a similar letter as yours..., I would first contact the congressman whom I contacted previously.

peace_of_mind said:
IDreams,
did you change you address by any chance after the PP stamp???
I am still waiting for a response letter from USCIS. I am sure.., if I get a similar letter as yours..., I would first contact the congressman whom I contacted previously.

Q:did you change you address by any chance after the PP stamp???

A: NO, did not change anything! :D

What is a welcome packet? Sorry for the dumb question. My lawer just sucks and this form is the only thing available for answers. When should we expect the packet to come?

How do I call CIS ? I called 800 375 5283 and it keeps on saying call during Mon - Fri 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. I called at 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, and 11:30, same message keep on repeating..

Is this a problem or I am not following the proper procedure.

waiting for plastic since March 16 2004

Hello all,
Got approved with family on March 16, 2004 ,still waiting for plastic.
Waited 27 months for the approval, now in my 9th. month for the plastic.

Travelled to India twice during this time. First time in July there was no problem at the POE. Second time in October, I had to go through a secondary inspection (airport - Minneapolis/St Paul) in a separate room, they asked all kinds of questions about my sponsoring employer, about my lawyer etc. etc. before stamping the passport. Apparently they were trying to ascertain whether the I-551 stamp was genuine!

Take care everybody.

Starbucks

My case was approved in aug 2004 and I got stamped PP in the end of aug 2004. I called the 1800 no to tell them it is 60 days past and the person noted everything and message now says we have responded to your request in regard to additional information on Nov 8, 2004. Any guess waht does this mean?? I have feeling it is just usual chang eof message!
Any comments please :confused:

Waiting Since March 5th

All,
Here are my details.

AD : 02/25/2004 (self and spouse)
SD : 03/05/2004 - Cleveland OH (self and spouse)
Plastic Card : waiting ....

Called up CIS and on Aug 17th and they sent a letter .. "waiting to be scanned" for me and "12-18 months" for my spouse.

No news after that. I think this inquiry and standard letter is another joke.. they arent really doing anything to back it up.

Regards,
Krishna

I called USCIS today to find out about my Welcome Kit status and they said they haven't received the file from the local office yet (Detroit)

AD 7/14/04
SD 9/9/04
Dependent Approval Date 11/10/04

spol said:
I called USCIS today to find out about my Welcome Kit status and they said they haven't received the file from the local office yet (Detroit)

AD 7/14/04
SD 9/9/04
Dependent Approval Date 11/10/04

Updated with you infor.

Thanks.

We went to local office got the stamping done on our passport more than 15 days ago. But the online status still says Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On October 13, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Any ideas why? Should I be concerned? What can I do about it?

cu_ said:
We went to local office got the stamping done on our passport more than 15 days ago. But the online status still says Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On October 13, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Any ideas why? Should I be concerned? What can I do about it?

cu_,

You wrote:

'We went to local office got the stamping done on our passport more than 15 days ago.'

Could you tell me your PSD? 10/26, 27, 28/2004? I will update your infor.

Thanks.
;)

IDreams,
Yesterday we received 3 (me and my dependent applicants) letters from USCIS saying..., plastic card process would take 12-18 months....
Its height of it..., Next week I will write a letter to the congressman.