NSC I-140 RFE Experiances

The name check gets initiated by the USCIS but I'm not sure when - whether it is when you apply for your 485 or at the time of fingerprinting. The only way for you to know if your namecheck has cleared is by sending an email like I explained above.

It is something that you may want to worry about at some point or another. A 485 application cannot be approved until the namecheck has cleared. Some people get stuck at the namecheck (security clearance) stage for many months - check out the 485 forums.

It has been 5 months since we sent the response to RFE to NSC! No decision yet. we even did the inquiry..got a letter saying that due to the pending case load the time to process yours has been extended! We sent a huge package as a response. maybe thats the reason for the longgggggg delay? i read somewhere longer time they take, chances are more for the denial? any statstics?

pranashvi said:
I have no clue why I got rfe.
My rfe is about education evaluation. Mine is 4 years degree in engineering and I have submitted all my transcripts with degree certificate.
LUD changed twice after they received response.

I-140 : RFE on 05/11/05. (Education Evaluation).
RFE reply received: 05/23/05.
LUD changes (05/25, 05/26)
Hi Pra,
Could you please give more details about RFE. What are the wordings on it? If you can provide that that will be great.
Thanks
KK

RFE issued on 6/3/05

Poobaala and others who got RFE on 6/3/05, did you guys get the RFE notice, please let me know. Its so tense. Why the hell it takes so long to get the notice. Please update the status guys

thanks
:( :(

Hi friends,
Is there anyone with Bsc Computer Science (3 ys) + Msc Computer (2 Ys Science) who has the education evaluation equated to MS?

Please share your experince with me.

Thanks in advance...
Ram

Hi GCandMe

Only today I received the details of my RFE from my lawyer. It is the ability to pay the mentioned wages. They requested my employer's financial statements, my w2 and recent salary statements which should prove the company's good financial position to pay the said wages.

140/485 RD-01/07/05
140 RFE - 06/03/05

CFILER we are in SAME boat!!

cfiler,

MY LUD ALSO CHANGED TODAY.

lud: 06/08, 06/09, 06/10, 06/13

Hope we will hear good news very soon :)

pl help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pl pl help me,
i am a mechanical engineer and itseems the labour was wrongly filed for electronic engineer. now rfe is issued for 140 pl help what do i do now. rfe is for education evaluation

You can evaluate your exp. + your degree

You can evaluate your exp. + Degree equivalent to Computer Science.
use trustforte or morningside etc.

The column 14 says :
col;ege degree:Bachelor's of Science
Major field : electronic engineering or its foreign educational equivalent

mine is mechanical engineering. what should i say the evaluation company to evaluate

Morningside

Send all your exp. letters, your course descriptions, (I'm sure your Mechanical course might include some Electronic subjects like Electonic circuits, or some electrical technology...) They will highlight that..

Remember, evaluation can be done using your exp. letters only, so send your exp. (job duties) to them.. (Morningside is very quick), you can send the RFE also.. so that they can frame the answer.

My lawyer i suggesting to get evaluation as mech eng and itseems they will send a clarification saying mech engr is fine and i have very good experience in software industry.
WIll this convince the INS

I'd be worried with that type of reply since your education must match the labor certification perfectly. NSC is a big stickler about that.

Text from RFE

Gurus like United Nations and others,

This is exact text from my RFE
"The Form I-140 indicates that you are requesting the "members of the professions holding an advanced degree or aliens of exceptional ability" category. Therefore you must establish that the position offered the alien is in an occupation, which requires a minimum of an advanced degree or exceptional ability for entry into the occupation.

You indicate on the ETA 750 that you only require that the alien has a B.S or equiv degree and 5 years of experience. Therefore, it is not clear if the position requires 5 years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience. Please clarify and submit additional documentation in support of your claim."

Did any one get such query, how did you guys handle it. Did any one with such query get your 140 approved. please let me know. I am very tense.

thanks

Friends,
I tried to gather some statistical information of the time span from "RFE Received Date (OR RFE Sent Dt)" to "I-140 APPROVAL Date".
I copied this information from immigrationwarch.com
The last column is # of days from RFE recd (or sent) till the 140 approval.
The last column is already sorted to "NonBlanks"
To see all cases, unsort the last column.
Average = 46.6 days
Hope it helps.
See the attached -

I have just been approved today! I started a different thread to share the good news and answer any questions. :)

What a relief!

NSCTX - Maybe you got an approval at the same time as me?

cfiler said:
I have just been approved today! I started a different thread to share the good news and answer any questions. :)

What a relief!

NSCTX - Maybe you got an approval at the same time as me?

Congratulations Cfiler ! very good news ..

cfiler no luck

I think I've 2 more RFE"s along with ability to pay.. I think those paused my case little bit.. I'm happy for you.