NSC approvals Tracking: Part V

Getting a copy of our own filed I-140?

Can someone who has filed his/her I-140 petition help me on this. My lawyer filed my I-140 petition two weeks ago, but when I asked for a copy of what they filed they refused to provide me a copy. Their reason was, "We don\'t share 1-140 petition to foreign national employees as it contains sensitive company financial information" Is this normal? Did you guys get a copy of you I-140 petition from your lawyers?

For my other old petitions (i.e. LCA, H1-b, LC), they had been providing me with a copy. That\'s why I think this one is weird.

Please advise.

Thanks.

FutureRide

FutureRide

You should be able to get a copy of the acutal I-140 application.
Yes, they do send company\'s financial information, and it should be a public information.
Even if your lawyers are not ready to share that information, you should be able to get the I-140 application copy itself. Are you going for CP/AOS? if you going for CP, you might as well have a copy, just to avoid any surprises.
hope this helps.

Going for CP

I\'m going for CP. That\'s why I think I should get my own copy of the filed I-140 petition. But the lawyer(paid by my employer) refused to give it to me. Unfortunately, my employer listens to what the lawyer says. :( Nothing I can do.

How to check status of I-140 application

Could someone guide me how to check status of I-140 application. I have the reciept no. (LIN ....). Is there an automated e:mail system or any phone no.\'s to call ?? Thanks in advance for any feedback

dial 402/323-7830 for NSC

And follow the instructions.i,e press 1,1 ,then lin number,the voice will ask u to confirm the num .if it is correct press 1.

birth certificate

Does anyone have any idea if the birth certificate issued by the Indian Consulate is valid for filing I-485 ? Would appreciate any info.

Thanks.

No Title

Have u recieved your approval notice by mail.As mine was approved on
Nov 26th and havent received yet.