November 2009 N-400 Tracker

Had the interview last week and it barely lasted 10 minutes and I was only asked to provide my Green card after which I was given the N-652 document which stated that my application has been recommended for approval. So I'm guessing the waiting game is for when the Oath letter would be received. i asked the interviewer when the Oath might be taking place and he said he didn't know.

Congrat Allandale. So they didn't ask about traffic citation huh?

I can not believe it, not even a day after becoming a citizen. When I come to terms with the fact that I am a citizen, I will debrief the forum about my experience. I was the only person not turned back yesterday because of a missed appointment due to inclement weather. It's unbelievable!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11-12-2009: N400 Sent to Lewisville, TX 75067 via USPS Express mail
11-13-2009: Forwarded to Dallas, TX 75266
11-16-2009: Delivered at Dallas, TX 75266
11-19-2009: Check Cashed
11-23-2009: NOA Received (Priority Date 11-18-2009)
11-24-2009: RFE Letter Sent
11-30-2009: FP Letter Received (Priority Date 11-16-2009)
12-11-2009: FP Date
12-02-2009: FP Done (Walk-In)
12-16-2009: Yellow Letter Sent
12-23-2009: Yellow Letter Received (Request DL at Interview)
01-06-2010: Interview Notice via Email (Local Office for Standard Interview)
01-11-2010: Interview Letter Received
02-10-2010: Interview Date (Missed original date due to inclement weather)
02-12-2010: Interview Date
02-12-2010: Oath Letter Received
02-12-2010: Oath Date
02-12-2010: U.S. CITIZEN

02-13-2010: Will apply for passport and passport card
xx-xx-xxxx: Receive passport and passport card

could u please let us know which DO you come under.

hi Beekay09
i passed history,civic& english test but IO ticked decision cannot be made .
IO wants to make sure about my trips to india.i had 6 trips to india.IO looked into my passport and ticked all trips but he got confused,so he took copies of my passport all pages.then IO asked me history civic question which i passed.so IO said that he will check my trips and mail me decision.
Beekay what do u prefer because i am very upset right now.
i need to go to india next month, i dont know what to do.
wait for decision or go to india.

Hi raosaab,

Sorry to hear that. I think it could be a formality to verify your trips. As long as there is no issue with your trips (not beyond 180 days) why would you worry. It may only take some time. my suggestion is to stay and await a response from USCIS. However you are the best judge as you know your situation well. Cheer up man !!!
BTW: What is your DO?
Thanks
BK

N.400. Interview Decision cannot be made

hi Beekay09
i passed history,civic& english test but IO ticked decision cannot be made .
IO wants to make sure about my trips to india.i had 6 trips to india.IO looked into my passport and ticked all trips but he got confused,so he took copies of my passport all pages.then IO asked me history civic question which i passed.so IO said that he will check my trips and mail me decision.
Beekay what do u prefer because i am very upset right now.
i need to go to india next month, i dont know what to do.
wait for decision or go to india.

Hi Mr. raosaab

Please update when you get some information.

Thanks
nri107

Hi raosaab

Suggest please wait till you get a decision. As per their requirements, one has to be present in USA from the filing of N.400 till oath. Good Luck.

NRI 107

Hi raosaab

Suggest please wait till you get a decision. As per their requirements, one has to be present in USA from the filing of N.400 till oath. Good Luck.

NRI 107

While it is preferable to stay in the US between interview and Oath, it isn't mandatory.
Raosaab, given your travel pattern,you may want to stay put in the US. (Unless of course it is your US based employer who keeps sending you on these overseas trips in which case, just go.)

I passed my interview at Tampa this morning. It was very straight forward, the whole think took less than 10 minutes from when I was called. I was actually out of the office and back in my car by the time my interview was scheduled at 7.50am

I arrived at the office by 7.20am, waited outside for a few minutes before someone came to the door and let me come in. Quickly through security and then my interview letter was taken and I was sent to wait in the waiting area. I would guess there were about another 8 people waiting there. At about 7.40am an officer came and called my name. He took me to his office and had me swear to tell the truth. He was very professional and very welcoming, he did his best to put me at ease. He only needed to see my Passport, Drivers License, and Green Card. First he checked the details of my application, the only thing that had changed was another trip outside the USA I had taken since sending in my N400, I had written a letter with the details and brought it with me, he didn't need that, he just asked how long the trip was for and why I made it. After that I had to read, "How many senators do we have?" and then had to write, "Alaska is the largest state." he asked me six questions from the book,
1. What is the rule of law?
2. What is the name of the National Anthem?
3. What happened on September 11th 2001?
4. Which ocean is on the West of the United States?
5. Why are there 13 stripes on the flag?
6. How many senators are there?

he stopped after I got those six correct and congratulated me on passing.
I then asked about the oath ceremony, explaining that my wife and I have plans to proceed with an international adoption and that making it to the next ceremony on February 26th would really help. He said he could not promise but would ask his supervisor to expedite teh scheduling of my oath. He did say that if I did not make it on February 26thI would be included on March 10th.

All in all it was a simple process and the immigration officer was extremely helpful to me.

I can not believe it, not even a day after becoming a citizen. When I come to terms with the fact that I am a citizen, I will debrief the forum about my experience. I was the only person not turned back yesterday because of a missed appointment due to inclement weather. It's unbelievable!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11-12-2009: N400 Sent to Lewisville, TX 75067 via USPS Express mail
11-13-2009: Forwarded to Dallas, TX 75266
11-16-2009: Delivered at Dallas, TX 75266
11-19-2009: Check Cashed
11-23-2009: NOA Received (Priority Date 11-18-2009)
11-24-2009: RFE Letter Sent
11-30-2009: FP Letter Received (Priority Date 11-16-2009)
12-11-2009: FP Date
12-02-2009: FP Done (Walk-In)
12-16-2009: Yellow Letter Sent
12-23-2009: Yellow Letter Received (Request DL at Interview)
01-06-2010: Interview Notice via Email (Local Office for Standard Interview)
01-11-2010: Interview Letter Received
02-10-2010: Interview Date (Missed original date due to inclement weather)
02-12-2010: Interview Date
02-12-2010: Oath Letter Received
02-12-2010: Oath Date
02-12-2010: U.S. CITIZEN

02-13-2010: Will apply for passport and passport card
xx-xx-xxxx: Receive passport and passport card

My interview is supposed to be on 2/10 also. But wasn't able to attend due to inclement weather. Did you just walk-in?

Did you guys get updated on USCIS Website after your interview ? We finished interview (passed) and waiting for the oath letters. I don't see any activity on the USCIS customer portal updates..

Thanks
BaSh:)

Did you guys get updated on USCIS Website after your interview ? We finished interview (passed) and waiting for the oath letters. I don't see any activity on the USCIS customer portal updates..

Thanks
BaSh:)

And you won't see any more changes until after your Oath...

Congratulations Father Mike,
We are seeking to adopt too, may I ask what country are you planning to adopt from? Do you know how long does it take to get the home study and I-800A application processed? Please let me know if you fnd any websites or blogs with this kind of information. Thanks!

I arrived at the office by 7.20am, waited outside for a few minutes before someone came to the door and let me come in. Quickly through security and then my interview letter was taken and I was sent to wait in the waiting area. I would guess there were about another 8 people waiting there. At about 7.40am an officer came and called my name. He took me to his office and had me swear to tell the truth. He was very professional and very welcoming, he did his best to put me at ease. He only needed to see my Passport, Drivers License, and Green Card. First he checked the details of my application, the only thing that had changed was another trip outside the USA I had taken since sending in my N400, I had written a letter with the details and brought it with me, he didn't need that, he just asked how long the trip was for and why I made it. After that I had to read, "How many senators do we have?" and then had to write, "Alaska is the largest state." he asked me six questions from the book,

I then asked about the oath ceremony, explaining that my wife and I have plans to proceed with an international adoption and that making it to the next ceremony on February 26th would really help. He said he could not promise but would ask his supervisor to expedite teh scheduling of my oath. He did say that if I did not make it on February 26thI would be included on March 10th.

All in all it was a simple process and the immigration officer was extremely helpful to me.

Congrats Father mike!

Still waiting for my decision in the mail, this is takin forever. i really want a US Password to visit UK for my job.

Congratulations Father Mike,
We are seeking to adopt too, may I ask what country are you planning to adopt from? Do you know how long does it take to get the home study and I-800A application processed? Please let me know if you fnd any websites or blogs with this kind of information. Thanks!

PM sent with info

I got an email from the Buffalo office immigration assistant that my case is being sent to the Syracuse office for the interview... wow, I've never heard of anyone having their interview in Syracuse... it's probably because I'm moving on a military order pretty soon.... wish me luck!

Yesterday morning I got an email that my Passport was mailed, then in the afternoon I got my Citizenship Certificate back.
I failed to mention that after the Oath Ceremony, there were people from the Social Security Administration asking us to get new ss cards since as citizens we have more benefits than as residents. Also there were people from the Voter Registration Office taking application . I did both and as of today , i have not received either one.

DO: Miami
09/25/1998: GC
11/17/2009: Sent N400 to Lewisville TX.
11/18/2009: N400 Forwarded to Dallas, TX.
11/19/2009: N400 Received in Dallas.
11/27/2009: NOA received. Priority date 11/23/2009
12/04/2009: Email received- RFE
12/10/2009: FP letter received for 12/18/2009
12/18/2009: FP Done. It took less than 15 minutes.
12/29/2009: Email:"This case has been sent for a standard interview "
01/02/2010: Interview letter received.
01/27/2010: Interview Date
01/27/2010: PASSED the interview
01/29/2010: OD
01/29/2010: Oath Taken
01/30/2010: PP applied for
02/18/2010: Email received that Passport was mail.
02/18/2010: Citizenship Certificate received.

I received my oath letter in the mail today. The immigration officer was good to his word and managed to get me into next Friday's ceremony at Tampa Convention Center. So I am now getting very close to the end of the N-400 journey. Just under 4 months from mailing the application to becoming a citizen.

Yesterday morning I got an email that my Passport was mailed, then in the afternoon I got my Citizenship Certificate back.
I failed to mention that after the Oath Ceremony, there were people from the Social Security Administration asking us to get new ss cards since as citizens we have more benefits than as residents. Also there were people from the Voter Registration Office taking application . I did both and as of today , i have not received either one.

DO: Miami
09/25/1998: GC
11/17/2009: Sent N400 to Lewisville TX.
11/18/2009: N400 Forwarded to Dallas, TX.
11/19/2009: N400 Received in Dallas.
11/27/2009: NOA received. Priority date 11/23/2009
12/04/2009: Email received- RFE
12/10/2009: FP letter received for 12/18/2009
12/18/2009: FP Done. It took less than 15 minutes.
12/29/2009: Email:"This case has been sent for a standard interview "
01/02/2010: Interview letter received.
01/27/2010: Interview Date
01/27/2010: PASSED the interview
01/29/2010: OD
01/29/2010: Oath Taken
01/30/2010: PP applied for
02/18/2010: Email received that Passport was mail.
02/18/2010: Citizenship Certificate received.

Hi Goodjuju, did you get your passport expedited or regular processing?