November 2009 N-400 Tracker

Okay, so I went for the test... Took hours. I pass all the questions, however because I mistakenly voted back in 2004 they said they have to research the issue and give me decision for ceremony or not in the mail. I already went to court for the issue back in 2004 and the judge already forgave me. They sent me voter cards and my dad was citizen so I thought I was one. Big mistake... Long story short, I won the case back then where the judge forgave me. They said they will review and let me know. Been here since 1983 and I'm 33! Sucks! The 5 year GC rule has passed since Novemeber 5 2009.

:-(

Hope the rest of you have better luck.

DO: Miami, FL
11-13-2009: N400 To Lewisville, TX
11-xx-2009: Money Order Cashed
11-27-2009: NOA Received
12-08-2009: FP Letter Received
12-18-2009: FP Date --DONE
12-18-2009: FP results came back from FBI --DONE
12-26-2008: Yellow Letter Received
01-05-2010: Email and TEXT:"This case has been sent for a standard interview "
01-11-2010: Interview Letter Received
02-09-2010: Interview Date ****NO DECISION, they are reviewing my case***
xx-xx-xxxx: Oath Letter Received
xx-xx-xxxx: Oath Date

Do you have a lawyer? if not I would advice you to get a second opinion as it is a deport-able offence and takes lot of effort to get this overturned

Okay, so I went for the test... Took hours. I pass all the questions, however because I mistakenly voted back in 2004 they said they have to research the issue and give me decision for ceremony or not in the mail. I already went to court for the issue back in 2004 and the judge already forgave me. They sent me voter cards and my dad was citizen so I thought I was one. Big mistake... Long story short, I won the case back then where the judge forgave me. They said they will review and let me know. Been here since 1983 and I'm 33! Sucks! The 5 year GC rule has passed since Novemeber 5 2009.

:-(

Hope the rest of you have better luck.

DO: Miami, FL
11-13-2009: N400 To Lewisville, TX
11-xx-2009: Money Order Cashed
11-27-2009: NOA Received
12-08-2009: FP Letter Received
12-18-2009: FP Date --DONE
12-18-2009: FP results came back from FBI --DONE
12-26-2008: Yellow Letter Received
01-05-2010: Email and TEXT:"This case has been sent for a standard interview "
02-09-2010: Interview Date ****NO DECISION, they are reviewing my case***
xx-xx-xxxx: Oath Letter Received
xx-xx-xxxx: Oath Date

After all the drama with the eczema and rejected fingerprints, I finally got my email notification from NSC that my case is being sent to a local office for interview scheduling. The USCIS website wasn't updated but hopefully I'll get the interview letter in mail soon.

Well tommorrow is the big day! In less than 12 hours we'll know the outcome of our interview. I think we are ready. I'll come back and post once everything is over.

Middle Name and Interview experience

Became a US Citizen last week at the Dallas DO in Irving.

Interestingly we did not see anyone in the waiting area, and my sneaky suspicion got soon confirmed. First thing interviewer asked was how did you get your appointment. Told him about not receiving the letter in the mail, having to take Infopass appointment to get copy of interview letter. He said I got lucky due to my followup because their office messed up somewhere. There were supposed to be 200 odd interviews and by 11am they had seen about 3 candidates before us.

Minor hiccup during interview, my appln did not have middle name because GC did not have the same. But SSN had full middle name and DL had middle initial. After indicating that I went by GC, IO said he will check my past docs like birth certificate which he could not find while rummaging through my file, but saw other docs showing middle initial and name. So it finally came to a) change name (at $0 cost vs extra cost in future) with delay that name change entails or b) have middle name on the naturalization certificate and be US Citizen same day. Took the middle name option gladly and proudly so that my fathers name is represented too.

Oath was a breeze, only 15 people because of the interviews that never happened earlier in the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a lawyer? if not I would advice you to get a second opinion as it is a deport-able offence and takes lot of effort to get this overturned

I already got a lawyer a few years ago, and won the case. The Judge let me stay. they basically forgive for being a good family guy. Good moral character. Yes, it sure is a deportable offence. I was going to get deported for it, but beat the case.

tahnks for reply
my interview is on friday. my case is marriage based ,so i think i have to be prepared more .
ur interview was on marriage based or employment based.

Good luck. My case is also marriage based, but the officer asked me if I was still married.. That was it. Only documents I was asked during the interview were my driving license and passports. Nothing else. Maybe it helps that I am a state employee... Who knows..

Interview (desition cant be made)
Today i had my interview,after waiting for so long it was simpler than what i have expected.
Arrived at 6:30 am at building and we were alowed in at 7 am ,went to ofice with lawyer and waited 45 minutes after interview time,i was called and lady (very polite , middle age )asked me for my green card and dl,made cpies and invited us to go in to her office,made swear an be seated ,she started to check my name and my change of name,then she abruptly said we are doing the test now,
1. Who is the gobernor of your state.
2.what is one promise that you make when you become a us citizen.
3.who was first president.
4.what movement tried to end racial discrimination.
5.where is the statue of liberty
6name to national us hollidays.
After that she made me read when is presidents day ,and then write the answer.
She said i passed the test
she continue wit the aplication very fast,on the srrest questions is when she got stopped,she asked me if i was ever arrested and i said no she could not believed that and asked again i said no ,then she said how come there is a court case with no arrest and i told her that i received a letter to go to court,she then said that it doesnot looks good because i was on probation until 05 so it was inside statutory period ,my lawyer was starting a n argument wit her about that and she said ,ok i will have to have my supervisor check this case ,and she said that for immigartion purpodes my case was serious,she never loose her cool and continue on with the application ,made me sign the change of name ,the application,and an oath document.then she said that it was 50/50 and said that i passed everiting but said that the response will be by mail ,she also told my lawyer that she will try to do it today!!.
I was not asked to show:taxes,trafic tickets,marriage,passport,ss cardpayroll,birth certificate,etc,
only provided wher my dl ,green card and court disposition.
Im somehow worried but the worst it seems to be that if she denies it i will be able to apply in october ,i will really appretiate any inputs similarities from the forum members ,and all the guys tath have answer my posts in the past ,i m really thankfull of all of you!

I already got a lawyer a few years ago, and won the case. The Judge let me stay. they basically forgive for being a good family guy. Good moral character. Yes, it sure is a deportable offence. I was going to get deported for it, but beat the case.

dr_scifi, I think you should be ok. Given you were basically innocent because of your father's carelessness and the judge who forgave your case understood this, I can't see why the USCIS would have reason to think otherwise.

I think it is almost a default option for the USCIS to delay things "by reviewing the case" any time they come across anything that is not the norm on an application. I had a friend who was driving a car where people in the back were drinking but my friend was not. He got a stopped by a cop and was ticketed for the open alcohol container in the car even though he did not have any alcohol in his system. He appealed the citation in court and won and it was stricken from his driving records. When it came to his naturalization, he mentioned it in the app and had the court papers to prove his case but the IO said they needed to review his case because of this situation. After a month, his naturalization was approved. Be patient and I hope things work out for you too.

dr_scifi, I think you should be ok. Given you were basically innocent because of your father's carelessness and the judge who forgave your case understood this, I can't see why the USCIS would have reason to think otherwise.

I think it is almost a default option for the USCIS to delay things "by reviewing the case" any time they come across anything that is not the norm on an application. I had a friend who was driving a car where people in the back were drinking but my friend was not. He got a stopped by a cop and was ticketed for the open alcohol container in the car even though he did not have any alcohol in his system. He appealed the citation in court and won and it was stricken from his driving records. When it came to his naturalization, he mentioned it in the app and had the court papers to prove his case but the IO said they needed to review his case because of this situation. After a month, his naturalization was approved. Be patient and I hope things work out for you too.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have been really down lately

US Citizen!!! US Citizen!!! US Citizen!!! US Citizen!!! US Citizen!!!

I can not believe it, not even a day after becoming a citizen. When I come to terms with the fact that I am a citizen, I will debrief the forum about my experience. I was the only person not turned back yesterday because of a missed appointment due to inclement weather. It's unbelievable!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11-12-2009: N400 Sent to Lewisville, TX 75067 via USPS Express mail
11-13-2009: Forwarded to Dallas, TX 75266
11-16-2009: Delivered at Dallas, TX 75266
11-19-2009: Check Cashed
11-23-2009: NOA Received (Priority Date 11-18-2009)
11-24-2009: RFE Letter Sent
11-30-2009: FP Letter Received (Priority Date 11-16-2009)
12-11-2009: FP Date
12-02-2009: FP Done (Walk-In)
12-16-2009: Yellow Letter Sent
12-23-2009: Yellow Letter Received (Request DL at Interview)
01-06-2010: Interview Notice via Email (Local Office for Standard Interview)
02-10-2010: Interview Date (Missed original date due to inclement weather)
02-12-2010: Interview Date
02-12-2010: Oath Letter Received
02-12-2010: Oath Date
02-12-2010: U.S. CITIZEN

02-13-2010: Will apply for passport and passport card
xx-xx-xxxx: Receive passport and passport card

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Raosaab,

What happened to your interview? I wish you're a citizen now?

Hi dr_scifi,

Good luck man. Keep up your hopes and the Almighty will surely help you.

BK

hi Beekay09
i passed history,civic& english test but IO ticked decision cannot be made .
IO wants to make sure about my trips to india.i had 6 trips to india.IO looked into my passport and ticked all trips but he got confused,so he took copies of my passport all pages.then IO asked me history civic question which i passed.so IO said that he will check my trips and mail me decision.
Beekay what do u prefer because i am very upset right now.
i need to go to india next month, i dont know what to do.
wait for decision or go to india.
Hi Raosaab,

What happened to your interview? I wish you're a citizen now?

Hi dr_scifi,

Good luck man. Keep up your hopes and the Almighty will surely help you.

BK